Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2004, 09:00 AM   #1
Drackgon

Default getting my friend to return to EQ need help

I have a 39 ranger friend we have almost 7k anyone have any ideal of any good armor and wps plz would like any ideals.
Drackgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:08 AM   #2
destuc

if you want to stay fairly cheap you could go with something cheap such as ry'gor , its not to bad for rangers at 39 , also if you could find a good deal on it id go with royal velium armour , its decent for rangers at 39 also.

for weapons on the cheapside but still nice id go with wurmslayer and defenders lightblade

for bow id go bit more , maybe 2k and get a darkwood bow of suffering to hold ya till 46 then get a nightmare.

hope that helps a little bit.

Destruc tivenoob
53 warrior
Proud officer
Lords of Reverence
destuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #3
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I'd say forget about a bow on a ranger until level 55. Until then just have him use spells to pull and have him use, say, a goranga totem from Maiden's Eye instead in the range slot.

Weapons, perhaps dual lamentations. I don't think at level 39 you're able to equip a Defender's Lightblade due to level restrictions, but I don't pay attention to much stuff I don't use.

Ry'Gorr would be cheap stuff to begin with, indeed, and when you work up more money after you're set you can think about expanding.

Don't forget those Velium Fire Opal Rings!

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:22 AM   #4
destuc

not to argue with you zelg (after all you are the ranger ) btu i would think a bow would be a bit more useful basically to just keep skills worked up so a bow would be useful at 55.

maybe buy both a bow and idol and alternate em per level when skill maxes?

as far as lammies , i totally spaced them, so many good cheap weapons out there, 2 lammies would be nice though.

defenders can be equipped at lower levels just aint as good , has recommended level of 55 i think so at 39 dont know how stats would work.

but i would think a bow would be beter to have at lower levels to work skill up , not trying to punk you in any way or nothing like that but just for my knowledge of knowing , why wait till 55 for bow?

Destruc tivenoob
53 warrior
Proud officer
Lords of Reverence
destuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
jerle

55 is when rangers get their Trueshot Disc. As for having a bow before 55, I personally never had my archery maxxed for skill until I got a Tolan's bracer at 58 and could summon all the arrow's I needed. Unless your friend enjoy's fletching or buying arrows all the time, I'd personally go with something else for a range item till 46 and get a tolan's bracer.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:38 AM   #6
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Originally Posted by jerle
55 is when rangers get their Trueshot Disc. As for having a bow before 55, I personally never had my archery maxxed for skill until I got a Tolan's bracer at 58 and could summon all the arrow's I needed. Unless your friend enjoy's fletching or buying arrows all the time, I'd personally go with something else for a range item till 46 and get a tolan's bracer.
A couple hours with sergeant slate at level 54ish=maxed archery. Takes around 500 arrows to kill him with a crap bow. Can root him and park next to the arrow vendor and buy more when you run out. Faster than tolan's bracer clicking. :P
Old 01-12-2004, 09:42 AM   #7
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
That's what happened with me, really, Jerle.

And you're BANNED from the ChamCham Protectorate, Destruc!!!!11

I can't actually remember when I maxed out my archery, but I know it was still at like 15 around level 50. These days with all my spells, super bow, and all my AAs, I alternate between bow and spells... I don't know why I do, but I do. Besides, it's easy enough to max out archery once you fill up your bags with arrows with your Tolans Bracer and set up a gamepad for auto archery.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:43 AM   #8
Frekkels

Hail,

At level 60, you can equip your friend in lots of the normal LDoN tradable drops. Much of it is on sale dirt cheap in the bazaar even if you can't get it yourself.

Droga drops are also very good & so is some of the Tier 1 PoP stuff. Even though much of this gear has a recommended level to it, very few of the pieces have a "required level to wear" tag.

Some of the items even with reduced stats are still very decent, and have the benefit of being able to be 'grown' into as your friend levels. Crinrose Cape of the Werewolf is a good example of this. See how many hp it gives even though your friend is 20+ levels BELOW the recommended level.
Polished Tin mail stuff is pretty cheap (hat/boot/bp). Leaf scale gloves. Tae Ew is fair gear too. See what a Crypt Robber's Chestplate would be with reduced stats - they are dirt cheap.

If you are looking to twink him in gear that he'll get full effect from, here are some choices (though your 7k won't go far).
Cloak of Greater Pernicity. 50hp/mana w/ 10 stamina and no level req.
Bracer of Benevolence. Bring some friends & he can do the turn-ins.
Chitinous Belt.
Engraved Royal Velium Field Plate (ranger wearable w/ no min level!)
Trueshot Longbow

I also recommend you ask this question over at the Ranger's Glade, where you will get more knowledgable recommendations than Zelg, Destruc, or I could give to an aspiring ranger.

Take care,
Old 01-12-2004, 09:44 AM   #9
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Originally Posted by Zelgadis
I can't actually remember when I maxed out my archery, but I know it was still at like 15 around level 50.
I had mine maxed 'til I got to about level 45 and realized it just wasn't worth the effort(long before archery became useful).
Old 01-12-2004, 12:45 PM   #10
Iannyen

Hail Frekkles,
Cloak of Greater Pernicity has skyrocketed in cost lately. The boar horns alone are going for 8-12k, and not many people hunt in tactics, much less 39 rangers...

Cloak of the Wise might be doable though, if ya can find a cheap one, otherwise, look into an acrylia studded claok, probably around 600-800pp per, and has wis and not too shabby AC. Hell, more studded acrylia pieces might work for awhile, and leave some cash leftover for better weapons.
Iannyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:30 PM   #11
Fawnii

send me a tell in game, i have SCHW, and a ravenous belt he can have. Just need to DE-AUG them and they are his.
Fawnii is offline   Reply With Quote