Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
cnjmorris

Default South Ro LDON - Beastlords Unite.

So, since I have 20+ LDON adventures in all camps except SRO it is quickly becoming evident that no one likes SRO. People tlel me all the time that they like it... but of course I meet these people at the other 4 camps. I never see them over in SRO. I've done hard in every camp now... except SRO.

So here was my idea.

6 BST join together and completely wipe out SRO adventures all day some saturday, to open up the camp for our Class Armor.

Our scorpion venom spell (levle 61) has no debuff on it.. and its high damage over short period. If we all cast it at once we will be killing mobs quick. Not to mention the insane dps from 6 bst and pets.

Required:
Level 65
All would have to have paragon (we could use it to heal and mana regen to stay full)

Would be nice:
Cleric at Innothule swamp zone line for Virtue and BoR between missions
Enchanter for VoQ (or Kei), and Valons
Mage for Toys (pet toys, plus effects like mana preservation)

If you are up for it or have any othe suggestions, or input... let me have it.

Catcen, Level 65 Beastlord.

Newbie for life.
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I'd love to go on South Ro LDON groups. I find them no harder or easier than the other four as a ranger or enchanter. The thing is, the 98% of other players don't want to (too afraid to), so when I'm out with LFG tag up and get invited to an adventure group in some far away place it's either in North Ro, East Commons, or Butcherblock. Don't blame your friends, blame the people who start pulling the people together and make the final decisions on where the group is headed. In fact, whenever I'm in a group where we have a situation of "Well guys, what dungeon should we go have an adventure in next?" I find it fun to go "Let's do a /random 1 5 to determine where we go."

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
Santril

Send a message via AIM to Santril Send a message via Yahoo to Santril
I had a similar problem with Everfrost, when I first started my LDoN chugging. (This was back when people were doing MMC, and nothing but MMC. Tak was just beginning to get a following.) There was no one ever LFG in EF, and you only saw the occasional Magister, MF, or some other uber group who had nothing better to do pass though.

/lfg. Bring up that tool. Find a melee DPS, caster DPS, plate tank, druid/cleric, and a enchie/bard/shaman. Ask every one of that class of the appropriate levels if they want to come to SRo, whether the LFG tag looks like they want to, or not. You'll get lucky.

Keep that up, you'll have a group together in under 15 minutes during normal play hours, primed for SRo. You may also have some more luck among those who have done a crapton of adventures already...if you have 1492 points in NRo, BB, and EC, and you need more gear from there, you're not going to care what zone your adventure is in - you just want general points.

Pop up the LFG list and make your own group. Works for me. My ratio to date is 119 wins and 12 losses (all but one from when I joined someone elses group).
Santril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 04:16 AM   #4
Frekkels

Hail,

Try luring people away from the adventure they want by doing a 1 for 1 deal.
People who are LFG for a specific theme may well join you for a Guk adventure if you are willing to do the theme they want after, or vice versa.

I've had good luck forming groups in this manner, though I do agree making Guk groups is harder (that's the only theme I still have left to open up completely).

Take care,
Old 01-01-2004, 06:27 AM   #5
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
There's lots of cool stuff I'd like to get my hands on in the Deepest Guk adventure, myself. Or at least there's a lot of things I've heard are great buys there. Like I said, I have no problem adventuring there as either character. But for the most part the majority of the player base that is outside your persuadable guild friends and loyal friends refuse to do anything for a challange. Remember that they always seem to go for the easiest advancement and gain, which is why most dungeons and out of the way zones are empty in the later expansions. It's not every zone that you find every other mob is a dispelling caster or a harm touching shadow knight, which for some reason scares many players off. They don't think they can muster the strength to take the beating or set up their buffs properly so they don't have to keep refreshing the most frusterating buffs to recast (Virtue, Focus, KEI, Haste...). This problem has presented itself over the last few years beginning with Kunark (giving an outside alternative to 50, and even 60, outside, rather than Lower Guk and Sol B), and it solidified the problem with Luclin due to it's low dungeon content and high outdoor content (Go go safety harmony pull tactics!)

Hope these posts psych up some of the player base and make them think "Hey! I can do that! Zelgadis is wrong!", because I'd sure like to get invited out to more of a variety of Adventure pick up groups.

Old 01-01-2004, 06:45 AM   #6
Auron

EF is the devil cause of its maps =/
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:30 PM   #7
cnjmorris

I don't like bugging people to help me. I'm not going to beg a group to go do SRO when its possible one of them has been doing nothing but SRO for a friend and needs EC, or EF, or whatever....

I figure with 6 BST they all need their class armor. Figured this was a way to do it without having to bother other people.

Newbie for life.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #8
Vidden
Banned User

Originally Posted by cnjmorris
I don't like bugging people to help me ......... Figured this was a way to do it without having to bother other people.

Yet, you want a whole buffing crew there for you before you go in. But dont beg or bother OTHER people other then them LOL.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:33 PM   #9
cnjmorris

Originally Posted by Vidden
Yet, you want a whole buffing crew there for you before you go in. But dont beg or bother OTHER people other then them LOL.
Actually, I assumed some of the people might be able to provide a character on another account for that. Yes.. they would be helping me and themselves.

I don't know about others, but I have access to a 65 cleric and 63 enchanter for buffs. I think I have access to a 65 mage also.

I had written in the post in parenthesis that hopefully some of us had 2 accounts, but in the editing (before I actually posted) I moved some things around, re worded some things, and accidentally left that out.

Like I said.. I don't like asking for help.

Newbie for life.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:01 AM   #10
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

I don't like bugging people to help me. I'm not going to beg a group to go do SRO when its possible one of them has been doing nothing but SRO for a friend and needs EC, or EF, or whatever....

I figure with 6 BST they all need their class armor. Figured this was a way to do it without having to bother other people
What's the harm in just asking? Bugging someone is asking them repeatedly, no harm in just sending your feelers out there. Hell, they may jump at the chance. And I know that the cleric spell Bulwark of Vie comes from Guk, so it shouldn't be too hard to convince clerics to go there. And once you've got a cleric to go with you, getting the rest of the group together should be easy.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #11
Zelgadis

I think the best ranger gear from LDON comes from EF... and supposedly a great ranger weapon is supposed to come from Guk, and the highest ranger spell thingy comes from Guk as well. Not sure how much the spell costs or what the end high weaponry that is ranger-usable from Guk has for stats, but it doesn't matter if you "bug" me or not to come around and help with a mission.

Old 01-03-2004, 05:15 PM   #12
cnjmorris

Okay, the biggest thing for me is owing people. I can't owe people because I take those things seriously. So if people help me out just to help me out I feel like I owe them. If I find people who want to do Guk then they aren't doing my a favor and its just more comfortable.

I know.. its wierd.. but that is how I am.

Newbie for life.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:38 PM   #13
TeikThunderknight

Originally Posted by cnjmorris
I know.. its wierd.. but that is how I am.
You sure are weird:P
Pantheons
TeikThunderknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 02:16 AM   #14
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Originally Posted by TeikThunderknight
You sure are weird:P
It could be core guild related....once a weirdo, always a weirdo....'course, you of the dancing penii might wanna be quiet, mwahahhaha!

Anyhoo...cen, shoot me an email, I'll bring along the enchanter if I have time, or even the pally, don't mattah to me.

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
Its true, Cao has a huge epenis. And not just long, but thick. That fucker looks like a pringles can when she waves it around.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 07:00 AM   #15
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Something else about guk: 10 adventures at level 65 = enduring breath augment (slot 7). Another good reason to go.

Dude, how do you function? You ask the group if they wanna do Guk, they either say yes or no. If they say yes, you didn't just set up a blood pact or make a deal with the godfather. They agreed of their own volition. That means they aren't going to do you a favor, they're going because they wanted to. You shouldn't feel that you owe them squat.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #16
Eldrynn

Send a message via MSN to Eldrynn
Lightbulb People = shit

Dude,

I'd love to do more Guk adventures. Sure I'm not a BST, but what the heck. I haven't found any groups to do Guk, and some good druid stuff is bought from there. The only problem being that I am in Korea and play when the majority are sleeping. Anyway, if ya see me in that little LFG tool don't be afraid to ask.

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Eldrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:47 AM   #17
Zelgadis

Owe nothing, dood. It's rewarding for anyone who goes with you. Playing Everquest isn't supposed to be a task or a painful job. You do it for fun! If people want to do it, that's their perogative(sp). I personally think that upgrading my stone, getting 200-300p after split, and a chance at a named drop item to sell off later is payment enough, along with whatever little exp I get.

By the way, I never looked at those Enduring Breath augments as useful. O.o

And Wildane, dood, what's going on with you? Email me if you feel like it!

Old 01-11-2004, 10:28 PM   #18
cnjmorris

DO people gather in SRO now to add insult to injury?

I sat LFG for hours today in SRO. I watched groups and group of people gather and then head to other camps. I guess since SRO isn't used its a great place to gather a group???

I HATE starting groups but out of desperation I kept trying. People kept ignoring me or telling my how important their camp was. Mine isn't more important than theirs... I just know for a fact their camp is easier to gather people for.

I did 4 adventures to help other people... because someone can only sit in one place so long turning down groups.

I would like to thank the 2 or 3 people who read my first post and made it a point to start a group in SRO and invite me. That wasn't my intention, and I still feel like I owe them even though 2 of them already had all camps open and were just working on maxing out the camps in no set order.

Yes.. I'm upset.

Newbie for life.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:59 PM   #19
Kulani Autumnwood

No, they gather in sro because it's the closest camp to both a druid and wizzie port, as far as running time goes... <shrug> Personally, I don't sit in any particular zone looking for a group... have port, will travel and all that jazz.

If you see me with my lfg tag up on the lfg list, I'll go anywhere. I don't even care if I die. This is what happens when you spend 4 years grouped with a ranger who thinks he's a monk/warrior/rogue hybrid... <ponder> <goes back to watching little install bars slowly click along thier merry ways>
Kulani Autumnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:35 PM   #20
Whim D

Tell ya what. I'm a 57 BL, so I don't have the dps or paragon, but if you'll let me in to this BL LDON gig I do have a 62 chanter on my account for constant KEI. Let me know if interested. My BL's name is Catcatcatcatcat (that's 5 cats)

Whim
Whim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #21
Arynduil

Catcen, I'll do Guk with you whenever I'm on and LFG. Good augs there and I need points for a spell anyways.

Send a tell anytime.

"Now there's no more Oak oppression, for they passed a noble law. And the Trees are all kept equal, by hatchet, axe, and saw..."
Arynduil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #22
Behomara

Send a message via Yahoo to Behomara
I'll do pretty much any adventure camp. . . just hard to LFG in SRo because there's noone there! so i stopped going. . .

--Currently playing WoW--
Behomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 06:22 PM   #23
cnjmorris

As of today SRO is open for me and I'll go where ever now. Got chest and sleeves so far =)

Special Thanks to:

Sadye
Aaumin
Jkars
Moonfox

Although lots of people helped and had a lot of fun I'm particularly appreciative to these people for starting groups in SRO and going out of the way to invite me even when not LFG to help me get this camp done.

I'll go anywhere now and help people get their camps open.. but if you need SRO and I'm avaiable shoot me a tell and I'll come help you get it open too... cause its not easy.

Newbie for life.