Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 10:22 PM   #1
Pawt Of`Gold

Default Not me

My account was hacked today/tonight. Some of my friends saw my chars online. Whoever stole my account has been saying rude things to my friends. If anyone sees Pawt or Chawng in game know it's NOT me. I should have this problem cleared up tomarrow. Just know they are NOT me if you see them. I don't want to come back to some big flame.

Pawt Trains
Pawt Of`Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #2
Faiith

That sucks someone hacked your account....did they just do that to ruin your rep? Interesting that they didn't log on and commence transfers to rip you off. Seems strange that they would risk getting caught online. Well, good luck to you.
Faiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:15 PM   #3
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Hacked or changed your password they already knew? There's a big difference.

And your "cleared up by tomorrow" comment really makes me wonder if this is just a way for you not to take responsibility for your own actions. A guess would be: you had a little too much drink and decided to load up EQ. You made a few dumb mistakes and decided to make a cover story.

Tell the truth.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:24 PM   #4
Pawt Of`Gold

I don't know why they hacked it. Faith. You guess is as good as mine. I asked the GMs if I could do anything if I found my chars online and they said nope.
Well I didn't get an e-mail that you get when you fail your PW 10 times. So I am assuming they already knew it. As far as making a cover story to cover up my actions. You and I both know I stand up and take blame for whatever I do. My account was stolen dude. I don't need your crap right now, please. Lets both remember this is not the R&F forum either. If you want to stir up garbage, make a thread there or something.

Pawt Trains
Old 01-08-2004, 11:33 PM   #5
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Originally Posted by Pawt Of`Gold
I don't know why they hacked it. Faith. You guess is as good as mine. I asked the GMs if I could do anything if I found my chars online and they said nope.
Well I didn't get an e-mail that you get when you fail your PW 10 times. So I am assuming they already knew it. As far as making a cover story to cover up my actions. You and I both know I stand up and take blame for whatever I do. My account was stolen dude. I don't need your crap right now, please. Lets both remember this is not the R&F forum either. If you want to stir up garbage, make a thread there or something.

Pawt Trains
Hey, I didn't flame. I only said my opinion, offered an explanation, and asked for the truth to be told. I know my disbelief of your story is of little concern to you but more details of what exactly happened might make a believer
Old 01-09-2004, 04:56 AM   #6
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Pawt Ala De Trainstation, did you have your real email address included in your user account info? If so you can go to the station website and get the password changed and replaced for you.

Unless I've misread something.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:23 AM   #7
Pawt Of`Gold

Yeah, but to change your PW you have to be able to sign in. My PW has been changed, so can't sign in Just going to call tech support tomarrow and have them reset the account.

Pawt Trains
Old 01-09-2004, 05:47 AM   #8
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Not true.

All that is required is your log in and like your birthdate or something on the account info.

I've done it a few times. Done a routine password change and forgot it, so I went and used the password recovery thing. You just go to the Everquestlive.com site and go to log in and click on "Forgot your password?" You then enter in your log in name and then it might ask you a question about something in your user info. If you get it right you get an email sent to you telling you that your password was changed to "______"

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:24 AM   #9
Lixivia

yeah, you dont need to sign in to have them email your password, thats why its one of those "forgot your password?" things. its not through logging onto eq, its through the eqlive website.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:32 PM   #10
Qildaare

Default .

Hey, Pawty. Whats the status on your account? Its weird not seeing you on late at night.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:02 PM   #11
Pawt Of`Gold

Hi Qil
I got the account back, but a couple of my chars were deleted. I've been petitioning for 3 days. Still don't have my chars back

Pawt Trains