Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Default Misty nearly died: medical emergency

Ya'll nearly lost me for good on SUN NOV 15th 2020. A ruptured small artery in my abdomen starved my Pancreas and Duodenum, they hiccupped, which bust it wide open. I dropped to the floor and became weak as a kitten.
At first the twinge felt like it does when your insides are about to hurl after too much drink, as if my body was going to project the entire contents of my stomach. But the spasm took a sideways turn and knotted my insides for a sustained, uncontrollable cramp. My body was already going into shock, when I dialed Emergency (one, I hadn't touched liquor for months, two I hadn't eaten in 24-36 hours, three I could not pick myself up off the floor). The condition progressed, that is I was alert enough to relate that my breathing became shallower and faster, that I was now perspiring profusely, even lifting my head and trying to stand blacked me out.

Talking to the Emergency Services gal on the phone was literally killing me, she insisted on keeping me on the line talking and I was losing my breath trying to keep talking. I ascertained an Ambulance was on the way, gave her my thanks and said "no offence I gotta go, find my on the kitchen linoleum floor, I'm fighting for breath here". And then I hung up.

The ambulance arrived maybe 10-15 minutes. I had to be carried out to their stretcher I could not walk or even stand. In the Ambulance, my blood pressure was dangerously low, my body temp was low, my pulse rapid and weak, I could not breath quickly enough, I was dying...

Straight to Emergency, IV's and Canulas were hung off every limb, seven in all. We worked out I had some bleeding into the abdominal cavity, they made me puke to clear my stomach and got nothing but bile which is what I said was all they'd get cuz "I'm good to go lets get 'er done, I'm dying here..." At my suggestion we had a dye intravenous and then CT scan'd the abdomen, I had practically predicted the very condition that was killing me, I don't doubt that the doctors all would have come to the same but they was in some sort of confab brainstorming session on how to proceed, while I was ailing, so I piped up and it settled it. I guess I have clarity when I can sense my death encroaching.

2 days in ICU post-op. Very rare case of ruptured Pancreatic-Duodenum Artery Aneurysm which the hospital had never seen before. A very rare condition, I was offered the choice to name the condition so I just stuck with the literal medical description and later the hospital team thanked me for the contribution to their medical knowledge. I think that was just their way of being very kind, they was never gonna let me die on their watch...
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:05 AM   #2
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Glad you made it through Misty. Here's to a solid recovery.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:37 AM   #3
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Yeh thanks Martigan

They had me fed intravenously with a special liquid preparation after the Aneurism was coiled and embolized. A 4 hour operation I required 4 pints of whole blood while already on IV saline and other intravenous feeds. That is the kind of high pressure bleed this little artery was putting down. My abdominal cavity was tight as a drum with the lost blood.The CT scan revealed that I have x2 arteries feeding the Duodenum-Pancreas complex. That is highly "Atypical", apparently I was just born like that. The Emergency team wanted to know if I knew anyone else in my family like that.

I hope your own health problems are a long way away in the distant future. Please stay safe from Covid.

Also turns out I must've got Chicken Pox as a kid because in this near death episode my core resistance dropped, the virus came back from its dormancy in my nervous system and 'shingles' attacked my Left Arm. Whole arm was numb and felt like it was strapped to a block of ice. That has faded to a numb fleshy palm and fingers over all these weeks.

Side note, won a large cash legal settlement which came through in hospital. I now drive a Black 2016 Lotus Exige S V6 Roadster, a dead sexy beast which had 10,621 km's on its clock (6,000 odd miles). I am currently in the process of also buying a 2020 Skoda Karoq Sportline for my daily.

The Lotus is very tricky to get into, or get out of again. Already spent more on a GruppeM Carbon Fiber front fan grille, an Exige Cup 380 Carbon Fiber Louvred Tailgate Engine Cover, a Carbon Fiber curved drop sides Rear Wing (by Reverie UK), Carbon Fiber Cup 380 side scoops, AIM MX2E digital dash, Mirror Reverse rear camera and cable, an SSC Air Filter kit, set of Schrott 4-point seat belt harness (Driver and Passenger).

I have to slow the spending on aero panels for that thing, it should have a stainless Exhaust header kit, 60L fuel tank, Quaife LSD, all metal radiator, Toe rods upgrade, baffled Oil sump, and Oil Catch Can by now.

Its a supercharged engine, viewable under a glass rear window cover. There is alrady a cabin glass screen in the rear bulkhead of the cabin. Which the driver looks through in the Rear View mirror. The engine cover 'window' traps engine heat and sunlight to give everyone a view of the engine. You know how well low-grade window glass traps Infra-Red light as heat in a car cabin. Same story here. That glass center tailgate screen is going to be replaced with a louvred grille rear tailgate engine cover to keep out direct sunlight, inclement weather, and even allow engine heat out - while still allowing a minimal view behind through the rear view mirror.

This stock supercharger is not intercooled, heatsoak can be a problem because of its extra mass on top of the engine, so I am looking into upgrading and installing one myself, and I may wrap the new exhaust as well.

The car is fibreglass and aluminium, it does not keep out engine or road noise. So I am going to spray the floor (footwell incl.), door panels and rear bulkhead/firewall with sound deadener while I have the back trim panel off and the seats out for the 4-point harness rear bar install.

I won't be dishing more money out on this pet project after that.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote