Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default Boohoo! im sorry i called you nazis boohoo

So this retarded senator, Cock Turban or whatever his name is gets in front of senate and calls the soldiers at gitmo a bunch of nazis becuase they served gourmet dishes to the al qada terrorists and might have dropped a kurine on the floor and also says the Us soldiers are like Stalin's gulag and kmer rouge Pol Pot. Gets a lot of shit for it, not understnding why everyone is all pissed off at him. He refuses to back down, blames the Right Wing Media (whatever that is) for reporting what he said. It results in pissing even more people off by calling them stupid for being mad at him.

Then claims after even more people call for him to step down that he all of a sudden supports the troops. Then today after the DEMOCRAT mayor of Chicago calls Cock Turban a fucking waste of his father's sperm for his remarks, he immediately runs back to the senate and cries like a big fat fucking baby that hes so sorry for saying our troops are nazis. hes so sorry that he is Al Jazeera's number 1 senator becuase of said nazi comment and put our soliders in further harm. Now he expects everyone to go 'aww, its ok snoopy poopy Cock Turban. we forgive you, here lets make spoons and forget the whole thing.' yeah we know you didnt really mean it when you were equaiting Gitmo to a death camp. We know that Pilaf Al Qaaeda was eating might have tasted something like Zyclon B but nobody died from it!

Get the fuck out you vile piece of shit. take your phoney tearstained snotrag with you. fuckstick.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Chuk is a little sore at this guy

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 PM   #3
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

hehe, nah, just felt like getting a little nutty to draw out the peanut gallery.

The funny thing is, good ol Cock Turban didnt really apologise.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...anamo_durbin_2
“Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line,” the Illinois Democrat said. “To them I extend my heartfelt apologies.”
He cant even say he is sorry right. Its obvious he still isnt sorry and needs to be censured or kicked right in the ass out the door.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #4
SupportTank

when people start using the word "nazi" to compare with something you BETTER SHOW A FUCKING CLOSE COMPARISON.

or you look like a idiot. which is pretty much what this guy did.

reality check

the nazis killed aprox 6 million jews in, gas chambers, medical experiments and bullets. prolly 99% of them were civilians.

comparing this to minor abuse and shit its like saying. the sun is a tad large.

vote for moron of the week?

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 09:37 PM   #5
mepper

reality check

whether he was gung-ho about it or not..the current pope was a nazi
mepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:31 AM   #6
Everclear

Chuk is just mad because this guy called others Nazis without posting links under his comments
Everclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:43 AM   #7
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by mepper
reality check

whether he was gung-ho about it or not..the current pope was a nazi

Reality check-

When Ratzinger turned 14 he was forced by law to join the Hitler Youth (membership was legally required since December 1936[4]
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be...e_HistoryPlace).)

Quite a bit different than claiming that he participated willingly in the Nazi regime.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:46 AM   #8
Everclear

What was the punishment for not joining? I wouldn't doubt that people would say anything to make a pope look good and to cover his previous.... indiscretions. Not accusing him of being a Nazi.... just saying I am not convinced he wasn't. The Church's track record with the Nazi's doesn't exactly reinforce the idea they opposed thier campaign very strongly.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:48 AM   #9
crimsonedge

How bout death you idiot.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:51 AM   #10
Everclear

Funny, because the article I read that was linked mentioned the inarguable international clout of the Catholic Church. I am sure it might have been death for someone who wasn't a member of an organization that was a bedfellow of the Nazis. I honestly don't care, much of the art in the Vatican was taken from Jewish families by Nazis, and whether or not the Pope was one officially or not, makes me no difference. As far as my opinion goes, the Catholic Church sold its soul to fill its coffers long ago.

btw, the idiot remark... nice touch, it certainly gets across your intellectual prowess.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:30 AM   #11
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
What was that forum nazi rule again? Something about the probability of a post mentioning Nazi when it gets large enough?

As the number of replies approaches infinity, the probability that the word "nazi" is mentioned approaches 1. Was that it?
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 06:48 AM   #12
Everclear

What was that forum nazi rule again? Something about the probability of a post mentioning Nazi when it gets large enough

Yes, it is commonly referred to as the "Law of Drama Queen Incrementation" For each post, you have a larger chance of a drama queen screaming "Nazi"! This is of course a function of the "Theory of Diminishing Perspective"... that is the theory that states as time goes by, people lose perspective of great events, people, and places, and eventually you have idiots who trivialize said great events, people, and places, in repeatedly referencing them in order to punctuate absurd, ridiculous, or irrelevant points. However, the person thinks the illustration gives a sense of importance to his/her statement, ignoring the fact that not only is the statement unimportant, but the poster has no concept of the greatness he/she is referencing and would probably poop in his or her pants, cry to mommy and daddy, and then poop again if actually faced with the reality of said referenced person, place, or event.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:18 AM   #13
Beal

He was compelled to join at the age of 14 and you are faulting him for not making a stand...at the age of 14. Why stop there? Why not fault him for not assassinating Hitler while he had the chance?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #14
SupportTank

at 14 without any mass media but what hes been fed for 10 years prior. the man had no basis for comparisson.

in other words had no choice in the matter. for all you know the reason hes in the church at all is to absolve what he may have done during that time.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #15
Everclear

No, not really. I am simply saying, if he was really "coerced" into joining, then who says his will was strong enough to resist the imposed ideas of the people he couldn't resist? Did he even want to resist? I don't know, for all I know he could have hated the Nazis. I believe there is great fault that lies with the Church, yes. With this particular person? I dunno.. maybe maybe not, there's no way to tell from what is given. I said that this doesn't exonerate him of anything, also doesn't incriminate him. Mainly I jsut asked what the punishment for resistance wa out of curiousity. Not everyone posts with a "right" or "wrong" opinion. My post was simply asking for clarification.

edit: I don't deny of my implications about the Church in general. Go back and read my posts, any comments regarding what I considered lacking in ethics referred to the Church's policies in general, not this singular man.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:37 AM   #16
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I found it! Godwin's Law
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:42 AM   #17
Everclear

Chuk... I'm so deeply sorry. I know that must be very painful for you
Old 06-22-2005, 07:51 AM   #18
aganitte

Everclear, you took the off ramp to woo woo land there hun. The Hitler Youth was the equivalent of the boyscouts. Noone was 'coerced' and noone 'resisted' at the time because, aside from the political drivvel that everyone in germany had to consume anyways, the worst thing the hitler youth was doing was perhaps some heavy ditch digging, maybe collecting firewood.

Being Catholic didn't protect you very much in Nazi germany either. If you were in any way a serious dessenter (that means something more than refusing to go on a camp out), nothing in the world could protect you from execution. You know this.

You want to know who else was in the hitler youth? My dad. In 1945 my dad was 16. Was he a gun-ho nationalist ready to join the fight to defend the fatherland when 'recruiters' came around neighborhood homes conscripting children to fight their war? Sure he was! He was 16! Of course, his mother hid him in a basement closet so he never fought.

But remember for a moment when you pull our your Da Vinci Code conspiracies that we're talking about adolescent boys, eh?
aganitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:52 AM   #19
crimsonedge

Originally Posted by SupportTank
at 14 without any mass media but what hes been fed for 10 years prior. the man had no basis for comparisson.

in other words had no choice in the matter. for all you know the reason hes in the church at all is to absolve what he may have done during that time.
Please be more clear ? If im reading this correctly, you are saying he possibly joined the church to absolve sins that he committed while being forced into the Hitler Youth ?

His father served in both the Bavarian State Police (Landespolizei) and the German national Regular Police (Ordnungspolizei) before retiring in 1937 to the town of Traunstein. The Sunday Times of London described the elder Ratzinger as "an anti-Nazi whose attempts to rein in Hitler's Brown Shirts forced the family to move several times." [1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be..._timesonline_a). According to the International Herald Tribune, these relocations were directly related to Joseph Ratzinger, Sr.'s continued resistance to Nazism, which resulted in demotions and transfers. [2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be..._iht_demotions) The pope's brother Georg said: "Our father was a bitter enemy of Nazism because he believed it was in conflict with our faith." [3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be..._nytimes_faith).

Pope Benedict's brother, Georg, is still living. His sister, Maria Ratzinger, who never married, managed her brother Joseph's household until her death in 1991. Their grand uncle Georg Ratzinger was a priest and member of the Reichstag, as the German Parliament was called then. The future pope's relatives agree that his ambitions to reside in the upper echelons of the Church were apparent since childhood. At five years old, Ratzinger was in a group of children who presented the archbishop of Munich with flowers; later that day he announced he wanted to be a cardinal. (See also Early life of Pope Benedict XVI.)

According to his cousin Erika Kopp, Ratzinger had no desire from childhood to be anything other than a priest. When he was 15, she says, he announced that he was going to be a bishop, whereupon she playfully remarked, 'And why not Pope?'.

When Ratzinger turned 14 he was forced by law to join the Hitler Youth (membership was legally required since December 1936[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Be...e_HistoryPlace).) According to the National Catholic Reporter correspondent and biographer John Allen, Ratzinger was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings. Ratzinger has mentioned that a Nazi mathematics professor arranged reduced tuition payments for him at seminary. This normally required documentation of attendance at Hitler Youth activities; however, according to Ratzinger, his professor arranged so that he did not need to attend to receive a scholarship.

While this is not proof of anything it is at least some evidence of his history. Why dont you show any evidence you may have that it is not the truth, instead of just a cynical attitude.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:03 PM   #20
Everclear

Everclear, you took the off ramp to woo woo land there hun. The Hitler Youth was the equivalent of the boyscouts. Noone was 'coerced' and noone 'resisted' at the time because, aside from the political drivvel that everyone in germany had to consume anyways, the worst thing the hitler youth was doing was perhaps some heavy ditch digging, maybe collecting firewood

First of all thank you for that "off ramp to woo woo land" comment, I laughed pretty hard, and will definitely use that one, lol.

The idea I had about the Hitler Youth Movement came from footage I saw on the History channel (I love watching the History Channel)... and perhaps the youth group I am thinking of is different. The documentary I saw was footage from camps of boys that were birthed by chosen women and raised, basically by the state to become soldiers. Maybe I was just thinking of something else.

Crimson- I don't know if you are having trouble reading, or you can't see over the chip on your shoulder, but I am tired of explaining that my "cynical attitude" is mainly toward the Church's involvement withthe Nazi's not with this particular person. Have a moment.