Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2004, 05:57 AM   #1
Sakkath

Default UK Navy admits it's first Satanist

Old news, but how ridiculous is this....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3948329.stm
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #2
VenomsLust

Send a message via Yahoo to VenomsLust
Heh, I had dinner with Anton LaVey's Widow once... =)
Not a Satanist myself, but the girl I was dating at the time was. Interesting experience, I'll say that much.
I did learn a lot about this "LaVeyan" Satanism that I didn't know before. Most of it irritated me, though. I now call Satanist "Atheists with bloated egos". That's pretty much all they are. This form of Satanism is not what the older forms of it are known for. (sacrafices, etc.)
Old 11-24-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
kanibaal
korpse

I would have to say Euronymous, Count Grishnahk, and the other original Black Metal people are true 'satanist'. Playing with your freshly dead friend's brain and skull parts after he commited suicide and stabbing your friend 23 times in the back is pretty damn crazy.

They basically believed Christianity is a virus that cant be cured, only killed and ran out of their country. So they started burning all the historical churches and spreading a satanic/norse belief through their music. Just as a christian hopes for good and peace, they hope for evil and chaos. I know that sounds cliche but if you read what they used to do you will know they were doing all they could to practice what they preached.

When Deicide(Americas so-called 'satanic' Death Metal band) was touring over there(Scandinavia) kids were throwing rocks and bottles at their bus because they felt they werent satanic enough just by burning upside down crosses on their bodies.

They even made fun of Anton and all the humanist/atheist type satanist. So kinda funny you say that VenomsLust.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 08:18 AM   #4
Antilles

This is why I fucking love black metal.

The big downside is that the majority tend to be very, very racist. Lords of Chaos is a great book (I believe thats the title) that basically details Mayhem (and consequently Burzum, for obvious reasons), Emperor, etc. Especially Mayhem, since the majority of killings along with just flat out sick and twisted shit has revolved around many of their members. But they make a point of noting that Mayhem really is the extreme, and that racism, for one thing, isn't applicable to every black metal band.

Thankfully the bands I enjoy more, like Immortal and Emperor, tend not to be racist and generally fucked up like the Mayhem kids. All the same though, those fuckers are crazy!

And yeah, I would have to agree that Satanists really aren't what you would think a Satanist to be, if you follow Christianity. It is a completely different thing, and quite frankly, athiests with bloated egos is a better description in my opinion.
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
VenomsLust

Originally Posted by kanibaal
They even made fun of Anton and all the humanist/atheist type satanist. So kinda funny you say that VenomsLust.
That's why I specified "LaVeyan" Satanists... =)
One LaVeyan Stanist website, I was introduced to, has a forum that I was fairly active on (while I was dating the Satanist)... I was mostly just curious about the religion.

The followers of the "LaVeyan" Satanism are pretty harmless, for the most part.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:06 PM   #6
Xerion

How can a Satanist be an atheist at the same time? That just doesn't make any sense...If they don't believe that there is a God, then why do they believe in the Devil?
Xerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:09 AM   #7
VenomsLust

Originally Posted by Xerion
How can a Satanist be an atheist at the same time? That just doesn't make any sense...If they don't believe that there is a God, then why do they believe in the Devil?
That's the part I had trouble with at first...
They take "Satan" as a title (which it is), but it means "The Other", "The Questioner", or "The Advesary"...

I suppose a more proper term for them would be "Satanites", or "Satans"... They don't worship Satan, or any other diety. But the "religion" itself is almost completely anti-Christian.

Like I said, I never got into it, it all seemed rather annoying to me... like some kid's temper tantrum dragged out over time... so to speak...
Old 11-27-2004, 12:19 AM   #8
Xanthaar
Toon Army

I did a fanzine in the early 90's called "Beyond Death" when I was at college, which obviously meant that I was in contact with a lot of those kind of bands. At one point I was corresponding with Vargness (Sp?) Aka Count Grishnahk / Burzum and Foust from Emperor. I stopped writing back when Grishnakh signed off his letters 'Sieg Heil' and drew a swastika under his signature. He's a nasty piece of work for sure. Don't forget that a member of Emporer was jailed for stabbing a homosexual around that time too. I don't think burning churches to the ground was too cool either (a fireman was killed putting out one of them). I wouldn't feature any of those bands in my fanzine and took a lot of flak from people because of it. I'd sooner spend my time interviewing a cool band like Brutal Truth rather than waste time on dick-heads like those guys.

Immortal, Impaled Nazarine, Rotting Christ and Dark Throne fucking own tho! Cool guys, too

Geordie News
Xanthaar is offline   Reply With Quote