Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 01:18 PM   #1
LairdRagna

Default Unfir for Command - Not a copy to be found in Albany

Just made the rounds of all the major booksellers, and most of the minors, not a copy to be found anywhere. Everybody sold their stock out by noon today.

I was offered spots on a WAITING LIST! A waiting list? Demand is that high? Guess I'll be ordering from Amazon as much as I hate internet ordering versus supporting local retailers, but whats a guy to do?

Incidently, asked what sticker was on the book, $27.95... and no discounts. Man, that's a lot of books moving at full price...
LairdRagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You could have spent a few hours reading virulent right-wing anti-Kerry websites and saved yourself the $28

Hardly surprising there'd be such a demand in an election year /shrug
Old 08-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

All sold out here too Laird, i think Amazon has a backlog too.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:12 PM   #4
LairdRagna

Just placed an order with Amazon, got another book on the Bush administration as well since orders over $25 get free shipping. I'll be waiting at least another week to read it .
Old 08-15-2004, 03:14 PM   #5
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ah, how sad, you won't get the copy of your gospel written by a wanker, for the moment.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #6
LairdRagna

LOL, what are the liberals so scared of?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:22 PM   #7
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I was gonna pick that other book up too Laird, the one by Buzz whatshisname? let me know how it is please.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:05 PM   #8
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by LairdRagna
LOL, what are the liberals so scared of?
Scared of? Hmm... what are all politicians scared of, Lard? They are frieghtened by baseless soundbites. Soundbites which have no truth to them, but are played over, and over, and over again to the extent people believe them.

What is so idiotic is how you actually believe this Republican funded group. I mean, what you are doing is very transparent.

What is really sad is that you accept heresay as fact. Not a single one of those people who swear to have served with Kerry actually served on one of his boats. The best they can do is argue that they were in the proximity of the boats he served on and "heard" this and that.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

What is really sad is that you accept heresay as fact. Not a single one of those people who swear to have served with Kerry actually served on one of his boats. The best they can do is argue that they were in the proximity of the boats he served on and "heard" this and that.
So did you decide Stephen Gardner didnt serve on the same boat with John Kerry?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5684108/

Chapter 3: “The Purple Heart Hunter”

A normal tour of duty in Vietnam was at least one year for all personnel. Many sailors, like Tom Wright (who would later object to operating with Kerry in Vietnam) and Steven Gardner (the gunner’s mate who sat behind and above Kerry for most of his Vietnam stay and came to regard him as incompetent and dishonest), stayed for longer periods either because of the special needs of the Navy or because they had volunteered to do so. With very few exceptions in the history of Swift Boats in Vietnam, everyone served a one year tour unless he was seriously wounded. One exception was John Kerry, who requested to leave Vietnam after four months, citing an obscure regulation that permitted release of personnel with three Purple Hearts. John Kerry is also the only known Swiftee who received the Purple Heart for a self-inflicted wound.
There is much more to this article.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #10
Lurikeen
Freaky

You are correct, Chuk. I should have stated "all but one"...

The important point to note here is that this piece presents only one side of the story:

Although the men quoted above are often identified as "John Kerry's shipmates," only one of them, Steven Gardner, actually served under Lt. Kerry's command on a Swift boat. The other men who served under Kerry's command continue to speak positively of him:

"In 1969, I was Sen. Kerry's gun mate atop of the Swift boat in Vietnam. And I just wanted to let everyone know that, contrary to all the rumors that you might hear from the other side, Sen. Kerry's blood is red, not blue. I know, I've seen it.

"If it weren't for Sen. John Kerry, on the 28th of February 1969, the day he won the Silver Star . . . you and I would not be having this conversation. My name would be on a long, black wall in Washington, D.C. I saw this man save my life."3

— Fred Short

"I can still see him now, standing in the doorway of the pilothouse, firing his M-16, shouting orders through the smoke and chaos . . . Even wounded, or confronting sights no man should ever have to see, he never lost his cool.

I had to sit on my hands [after a firefight], I was shaking so hard . . . He went to every man on that boat and put his arm around them and asked them how they're doing. I've never had an officer do that before or since. That's the mettle of the man, John Kerry."3

— David Alston

"What I saw back then [in Vietnam] was a guy with genuine caring and leadership ability who was aggressive when he had to be. What I see now is a guy who's not afraid to tackle tough issues. And he knows what the consequences are of putting people's kids in harm's way."2

— James Wasser
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/swift.asp
Old 08-15-2004, 06:25 PM   #11
Alauradana

Great so now there is a debate as to Kerry's abilities in combat. He is not going into combat, this would be great on a resume for the Seals. He is running for President, I don't think he will need his M-16 very often. Stick to the issues! Although I will say Kerry deserved this, he has made his whole platform about his service in Vietnam and he pretty much hung himself up as a target on the matter.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:04 PM   #12
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
They should give away free tickets to F 9/11 with each copy of UfC.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #13
Chiteng
Supporter

What difference does it make?
Kerry cant win.
However Bush can lose.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 07:12 PM   #14
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I would like to know from one of the dems on this board why Kerry's 4 months in 1969 is the main platform for Kerry's presidential campaign in 2004. These vets are pissed only becuase Kerry is using his vietnam and anti vietnam record for political gain. They were there and witnessed what Kerry did. If Kerry used his 19 year senate record as a platform (which any normal politician would prefer) to show he is the right candidate for presidency, these Swiftboat Veterans never would have come forward.

Do i think these vets can destroy Kerry's campaign? No, but i think unless Kerry signs that 180 form releasing all military records to disprove these allegations, his chances of being elected fall further and further. Kerry put himself in this position by making his whole campaign platform about being a tough fighter Vietnam war hero. A bad choice in hindsight IMO.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:18 PM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Chuk
I would like to know from one of the dems on this board why Kerry's 4 months in 1969 is the main platform for Kerry's presidential campaign in 2004.
Short answer: it's not.

We've linked to you on what must now be dozens of occasions his website which details his stance on the issues. The GOP spin machine makes just as much of his service as the Kerry campaign does and probably more- since they sure as hell don't want to compare Vietnam records between Bush and Kerry.

One complaint of mine about Kerry's campaign of late is rising to the bait that Bush-Rove & Co. have laid out rather than pushing Bush on real issues.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:30 PM   #16
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Yep, i know Kerry has other issues, but his ads and newsclips all talk about oh what a brave 'uber soldat' Kerry is and that his toughness on the battlefield in vietnam proves what a hardass he will be in regards to the War on Terror. You think im exaggerating? look at what John Edwards said the other day.

Edwards Defends Kerry on Iraq
Friday, August 13, 2004

FLINT, Mich. — A day after Vice President Dick Cheney (search) criticized John Kerry (search), Democratic Sen. John Edwards (search) defended his running mate on Friday, saying he spilled "his blood for the United States" and accusing the Republican of distorting Kerry's words.

Cheney told voters in Ohio Thursday that Kerry had called for a "more sensitive" war on terror and mocked that notion as something that won't impress the Sept. 11 terrorists of the Islamic militants who have beheaded U.S. citizens.

Edwards, returning to the campaign after a three-day break, took issue with Cheney's comments and his target — Democratic presidential nominee Kerry, a decorated Vietnam War veteran.

"He took that word and distorted and tried to use it to argue John Kerry will not keep the American people safe," Edwards said. "He's talking about a man who still carries shrapnel in his body. He's talking about a man who spilled his blood for the United States of America."

At a minority journalists' convention last week, Kerry said: "I believe I can fight a more effective, more thoughtful, more strategic, more proactive, more sensitive war on terror that reaches out to other nations and brings them to our side and lives up to American values in history."

This is what drives the Vietnam Vets batshit and i think unless Kerry nips this in the bud or changs his platform and starts running on his senate record hes fucking himself over.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:47 PM   #17
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by chukzombi
Yep, i know Kerry has other issues, but his ads and newsclips all talk about... er.
"er" is correct because you are much more reatarded"er" than most brain injured. Horm clearly pointed out that most of us liberals have linked up Kerry's website where he delivers his platform in detail. You, like most other fucking shit brick anti-Kerry cumsuckers, butt-fucking your mothers, have chosen to ignore the links so you could suck your dad's ball sack instead.n

Have a nice day.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:30 PM   #18
LairdRagna

*picking jaw up off ground*

Dayyyyummmmmm Lur, you done outdid yourself!

Wow... that just brings flaming to a whole new level... I bow in admiration!
Old 08-15-2004, 10:39 PM   #19
Inmountains

I am watching the Olympics, and the Kerry ads highlights with this being said by Kerry, "I defended this country". I about fell out of my chair laughing, he couldn't defend his BBQ Hamburger with Heinz ketchup from a lowly housefly. As for you Kerryite's, it's nice to see losers stick together. You remind me of the American Olympic Basketball team!!!
Old 08-15-2004, 11:17 PM   #20
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

"er" is correct because you are much more reatarded"er" than most brain injured
Is it irony when you misspell retard?
Old 08-15-2004, 11:35 PM   #21
Zolspaz

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
You, like most other fucking shit brick anti-Kerry cumsuckers,

butt-fucking your mothers,

have chosen to ignore the links so you could suck your dad's ball sack instead.
Very interesting choice of words Lurikeen.
Certainly you'll be taken seriously on all political issues.

Seriously though, sell the gun. And no, thats not a joke.

God Bless America
Zolspaz..
Zolspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 06:34 AM   #22
Inmountains

Hmmm, Lurikeen, let's see if I can put this is terms you MIGHT understand. You maggot mucus munching Pro-Kerry supporters really need to pull your heads out of the shit pile called "Anybody but Bush" and try to find something that might improve your intelligence. May I suggest "Hooked on Phonics", "Sing, Spell, Read and Write", "Sesame Street" and "TLC".
Old 08-16-2004, 06:43 AM   #23
LairdRagna

Originally Posted by Inmountains
Hmmm, Lurikeen, let's see if I can put this is terms you MIGHT understand. You maggot mucus munching Pro-Kerry supporters really need to pull your heads out of the shit pile called "Anybody but Bush" and try to find something that might improve your intelligence. May I suggest "Hooked on Phonics", "Sing, Spell, Read and Write", "Sesame Street" and "TLC".
Not bad, and I hate to say it, but Lur's flame was much better...
Old 08-16-2004, 08:27 AM   #24
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Lurikeen: 1
IM: minus 10 (penalty for excruciatingly lame flame)