Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default OC (Pepper) Spray

All I have to say is....THAT SUCKED!!!!

The OC spray was much worse than I expected. It was worse than being exposed to tear gas. It is supposedly much worse than mace as well. Have any of you experienced pepper spray before?

Push-ups immediately following the spray...
http://www.kaizenx.com/images/push_ups.JPG

5 minutes later still trying to open my eyes...
http://www.kaizenx.com/images/squint.JPG

30 minutels later recovering... (I call it the 'all night raid' face)
http://www.kaizenx.com/images/recovering.JPG
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #2
zzapp the witch

Shhhh, don't talk about tear gas, I still remember the smell, and now my nose is running.....
Old 03-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
mepper

i've been maced...hrmmm..three times..no pepper spary though
mepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
ShardmoonVer.1

Just to give you an idea of how strong pepper spray is, a lot of hunting guides carry it to deal with bears.
Old 03-11-2006, 03:21 PM   #5
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by mepper
i've been maced...hrmmm..three times..no pepper spary though
No means no asshole!

Old 03-11-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
Everclear

Wow Mart, that looks terrible! I'm sorry you had to go through that!
Old 03-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #7
Martigan
Supporter

We still have to get tazered, then tear gassed...

We have boxing in two weeks and ground fighting in about 4 weeks...
Old 03-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #8
Everclear

You must like putting yourself through heck, I don't think I could imagine voluntarily subjecting myself to that.... or not trying to kill the person who did it.
Old 03-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
Martigan
Supporter

It's one of the requirements of the job.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #10
Wulfhere

Yes Marti, welcome to the ranks of the initiated. =)

OC is much much worse than mace OR tear gas, I have experienced all 3 several times each.

Mace is a joke, and tear gas isn't effective on some people. I have never heard of a person, drunk, high, angry or otherwise that wasn't shut down immediately by OC tho. I am sure there are cases of it not working, but I have never heard of them.

Oh, BTW, anyone who has been sprayed with one of those purse keychain versions hasn't had the real effect either. Most of those are liquid and lower percentage than what cops use. Did you get a shot of the foam I am guessing? Hehe, good stuff! Now you can shoot someone who gets your epper spray away from you.

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #11
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Actually, the old Mace used before the OC was the CN/CS type. They actually switched to the Oleoresin Capsicum one because it could be blended with the hottest fucking peppers on the face of the planet, but two the fact that it isn't as harsh but still gains compliance from the suspect when applied to the facial area. Even then there is aproximately 3% of the worlds population that isnt affected by OC pepper spray.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #12
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I can tell it wasn't your hair getting in your eyes
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #13
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Yep, it sucks.

The first police job I had was for a really small rural police department. If they sprayed it anywhere in the building, the ventilation system would pick it up and circulate it throughout the rest of the building. Get a good fight going on in the jail on a Friday or Saturday night, and the whole building was screwed. We were almost guaranteed a weekly dose.

Good times.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:01 PM   #14
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
Originally Posted by Misty
I can tell it wasn't your hair getting in your eyes
Misty makes me giggle.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #15
Azraelwrath

So what exactly is pepper spray made of? Right now I'm thinking of Chili peppers in a can with pizza packet flakes being sprayed at people. I eat that stuff on my pizza, but I can't see how powerful it can get...
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 10:49 PM   #16
mepper

habanjero..wasabi..these words alone make eaters pause..you DONT want that shit in your eyes
Old 03-12-2006, 12:01 AM   #17
korast

Originally Posted by mepper
habanjero..wasabi..these words alone make eaters pause..you DONT want that shit in your eyes
Im going by memory, so shoot me if im wrong. ciapscin is measured in grams of sugar water it takes to nutralize the burning effect I believe. IE 5,000 hot peper would be neutralized by 5,000 grams of sugar water. regular chili peppers come in at like 500 ~ hotness. Habaneros, the hottest natural peppers are around 500,000 ciapscin, mace is around 2.1 million ciapscin. 10million+ ciapscin is high risk of being fatal. pepper spray is somewhere in the 7.3 million range. Basically its about 15 times as hot as good habaneros. It will jack you up unless you have a habit of spraying yourself daily.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 12:23 AM   #18
mepper

ok i was gonna not tell this part..but the last time i was maced..the whole car got it..and later that night when i was licking my date..wait
Old 03-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #19
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
This will best explain it.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:46 AM   #20
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Long, long ago when I was but a tad (over 25 years ago), I maced myself on accident. My friend's mother had this little cannister on her keychain and, never having heard of mace, I thought it was breath freshener. No, I didn't do what you think I did, but I did spray it into the air so I could smell it and shoved my face right into a mace cloud.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #21
aganitte

Originally Posted by korast
Im going by memory, so shoot me if im wrong. ciapscin is measured in grams of sugar water it takes to nutralize the burning effect I believe. IE 5,000 hot peper would be neutralized by 5,000 grams of sugar water. regular chili peppers come in at like 500 ~ hotness. Habaneros, the hottest natural peppers are around 500,000 ciapscin, mace is around 2.1 million ciapscin. 10million+ ciapscin is high risk of being fatal. pepper spray is somewhere in the 7.3 million range. Basically its about 15 times as hot as good habaneros. It will jack you up unless you have a habit of spraying yourself daily.
I think you mean SCU, Scoville heat units. And habaneros are among the hottest, at 300,000 SCU, but I think there's a thai variety out there that might be a smidge hotter.

Edit: From http://www.g6csy.net/chile/index.html :

"Scientists in India say they have identified the world's hottest chilli - nearly 50% more fiery that its nearest Mexican rival.
Experts at a defense research facility in the north-eastern state of Assam say the Naga Jolakia chilli measured a breathtaking 855 thousand Scoville units as compared to the Mexican Red Savina Habanero's 577thousand Scoville units...Laboratory tests have confirmed that Naga Jolokia, a speciality from the north-east, is now the worlds hottest chilli," the laboratory's deputy director SC Das told the French news agency. The Naga Jolokia grows to about five centimetres (two inches) long and to a thickness of one centimetre (0.4 inch)."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by aganitte; 03-12-2006 at 08:47 AM.
aganitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:57 AM   #22
korast

Originally Posted by aganitte
I think you mean SCU, Scoville heat units. And habaneros are among the hottest, at 300,000 SCU, but I think there's a thai variety out there that might be a smidge hotter.

Edit: From http://www.g6csy.net/chile/index.html :

"Scientists in India say they have identified the world's hottest chilli - nearly 50% more fiery that its nearest Mexican rival.
Experts at a defense research facility in the north-eastern state of Assam say the Naga Jolakia chilli measured a breathtaking 855 thousand Scoville units as compared to the Mexican Red Savina Habanero's 577thousand Scoville units...Laboratory tests have confirmed that Naga Jolokia, a speciality from the north-east, is now the worlds hottest chilli," the laboratory's deputy director SC Das told the French news agency. The Naga Jolokia grows to about five centimetres (two inches) long and to a thickness of one centimetre (0.4 inch)."
Scoville units, thats what was slipping my mind. As for the naga pepper isnt as hot as it claims
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 AM   #23
solicia

we carry the foam for indoor use.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:24 AM   #24
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Those little red peppers in Chinese food can get pretty hot. I'm not sure what they're called. I just know that I avoid all red peppers in Chinese food anymore. That's probably the most pain I've ever been in. I thought I was going to die. True story.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #25
korast

I eat habaneros like candy, Its rare anything phases me anymore.