Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Beal

Default Blanco Told Bush the Levies Were Fine?

New video shows the Governor of LA telling Bush Admin. officials that the levies had not been breached, after the hurricane struck.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Chiteng
Supporter

Who Cares?

Why did Bush believe him? Why didnt he have his own men on the ground checking?

You really think that simple mis-direction is gonna get Bush off the hook?
No way in hell. Parceling out the cash is the only way he is gonna look good.
And I dont see that happening

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

1. Blanco is female.

2. Someone obviously cared enough to start another thread on this board.

3. We know that nothing could get Bush off the hook as far as you're concerned.

Don't you know any other songs?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Beal

Originally Posted by Wildane
1. Blanco is female.
You know, I was all set to copy and paste Bumbleteng's comment and explain the birds and bees. But dammit you beat me to it.

In any case, it makes ya wonder how much time he actually invests in reading the newspapers/watching the news on TV/listening to the news on the radio, eh?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
Wulfhere

None, the media and the facts will do NOTHING
to change Chitengs perception of FACTS as he
SEES them. Even in light of being proven
utterly foolish and ignorant TIME after time.

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Chiteng
Who Cares?

Because that would be illegal?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
Dawnmarie

But you know Drysdale, if Bush was to do something illegal like that Chiteng would be totally forgiving.
Dawnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Is it just me or is it the some of the same people that say REPEATEDLY that they dont want the government meddling in their business (whether its their state or them personally) that are pissed off when something goes really bad and that said government is standing by waiting for someone to ask for help?

Baffles me but I wanna know how the hell some of you manage to eat your cake and have it too.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
AjTaliesen

Earlier this week President Bush was told by Louisiana governor that the disaster control was in hand. Shortly following the announcement Bush declared that the state of Louisiana was full of liars and ordered the US military into the state to evacuate the citizens and seize control of all state run facilities and transportation.

The people of Louisiana, outraged over the Presidents illegal move took to the streets in protest, which resulted in over 300 injuries and 2 deaths, including one servicemen, lance corporal Harold Johnson of Missouri who was recently activated as a member of the National Guard.

Father Nathan Johnson told Newsweek today "I was terrified when my son was called to active duty. His mother and I were scared that he'd be sent to Iraq and killed. I never dreamed he might be killed right here in America trying to follow orders. God Damn our stupid ass President!"

Then, late yesterday, the worst fears of all were realized when the New Orleans levee's broke due to hurricane Katrina. In spite of military presence, hundreds were killed or left trapped by the rising waters as a bewildered military struggled to keep up with the damage and the looters to follow.

Earlier this morning Senator Ted Kennedy in conjunction with New York Senator Hilary Clinton called for an emergency session of congress to impeach the President for actions resulting in the deaths of so many people.

"President Bush hates black people" New Orleans Mayor was quoted as saying in response to questions about the federal governments failed attempts to take charge of the situation. "He came in here illegally, with absolutely NO lawful authority to take control of this city away from the professionals who know the area, are familiar with the people involved and what is needed to bring them to safety, and in the end, when disaster struck, his failure to plan for the waters, for the levees, and for dealing with the riots and looters resulted in the deaths of hundred. To him I say 'Mr. President, we hate you too!'"

This afternoon the White House released statement saying "We honestly thought and still think, we're smarter than the people of Louisiana and that taking the matter out of their hands by use of military force was absolutely the right thing to do."

Last edited by AjTaliesen; 03-03-2006 at 12:18 AM.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
Axgar

The defense rests.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #11
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
I smell The Onion.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #12
ShardmoonVer.1

Do you mean the onion like stench that is the media doing every thing they can to bring down an administration that has constantly ignored and disregarded them, or the Onion website?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #13
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Who Cares?

Even if he did have his men on the ground checking, and they determined that, "Yep, these durn levees are gonna bust!", he'd still have to wait for them to request help before he could step in and do something about it. He can't just force it on them. If he had, you'd be bitching about that. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what he does anymore, to you. You'll find fault, and a reason to be unhappy about it.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:38 AM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Brigiid
Even if he did have his men on the ground checking, and they determined that, "Yep, these durn levees are gonna bust!", he'd still have to wait for them to request help before he could step in and do something about it. He can't just force it on them. If he had, you'd be bitching about that. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what he does anymore, to you. You'll find fault, and a reason to be unhappy about it.
Your wrong.

If he bombed/invaded/substantively hurt Iran tommorow...
I would be cheering.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #15
Wildane

Bullshit

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Bullshit
Bullshit on your bullshit. Chiteng has had a hardon for Iran for years. He'd step over his own mother for the opportunity to see Tehran burn. I know you board right-wingers have signed a pledge to oppose Chiteng on any issue, but be fucking reasonable.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #17
Axgar

I know Chit would love to bomb the hell out of Iran, I think its because most right wingers (as ya call some of em) are not really all that keen on going into Iran (at this moment) so Chit gets another chance to disagree with them.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #18
Scalz

I like the fact that everyone likes to diregard the fact that once The government was brought it. It was still a cluster fuck.

What does Bush have to do with this you may ask?

resources folks, resources. Severly lacking and highly mismanaged (but some of you can lay the blame on FEMA and Homeland for that one).
55 Mage

The Republicans are the party of bad ideas. The Democrats are the party of no ideas.
-Lewis Black
Scalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #19
Wildane

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Bullshit on your bullshit.
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshit. Chiteng would burn his mother to see Bush fail. If we bombed Iran, he would not give Bush credit, I can almost guarantee that. Chiteng has always spewed his "Bush has done NOTHING" mantra and he always will.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #20
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Chiteng hates TEH Bush man
But Iran is true TRUE HATE
Perish in fire Iran
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #21
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by Scalz
I like the fact that everyone likes to diregard the fact that once The government was brought it. It was still a cluster fuck.

What does Bush have to do with this you may ask?

resources folks, resources. Severly lacking and highly mismanaged (but some of you can lay the blame on FEMA and Homeland for that one).
Which you say based on what you found in the free crystal ball that came in Captain Crunch this morning, or were you talking about specific numbers?

Which units present could have been better used in what way?

Or were you just spouting off at the mouth again cheap rhetoric?

Oh, I forgot, it's our responsibility to assume your information is accurate and prove research concerning it.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #22
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

This issue is dead, Bush rules and the Bush haters drool.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshit. Chiteng would burn his mother to see Bush fail. If we bombed Iran, he would not give Bush credit, I can almost guarantee that. Chiteng has always spewed his "Bush has done NOTHING" mantra and he always will.
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshitting your bullshit. I'm not saying he'd become a sycophantic Bush fanboi like Chuk and other resident puppets, but Chiteng would applaud the decision.

Please note that the bullshit chain will go on ad nauseum, it's too shiny and I can't stop pushing the reply button.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #24
Davek
Squawk Box

My matador slays all the shitting bulls cuz he's really a NINJA!!!! And he's PUMPED!!!

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #25
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshitting your bullshit. I'm not saying he'd become a sycophantic Bush fanboi like Chuk and other resident puppets, but Chiteng would applaud the decision.

Please note that the bullshit chain will go on ad nauseum, it's too shiny and I can't stop pushing the reply button.
I just can't resist the dare, besides it's making me actually like Horm and I didn't know that was possible. So...

Bullshit on your bullshitting, his bullshitting, your bullshitting, his bullshit.