Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Default Blanco Told Bush the Levies Were Fine?

New video shows the Governor of LA telling Bush Admin. officials that the levies had not been breached, after the hurricane struck.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:38 PM   #2
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Who Cares?

Why did Bush believe him? Why didnt he have his own men on the ground checking?

You really think that simple mis-direction is gonna get Bush off the hook?
No way in hell. Parceling out the cash is the only way he is gonna look good.
And I dont see that happening
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #3
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
1. Blanco is female.

2. Someone obviously cared enough to start another thread on this board.

3. We know that nothing could get Bush off the hook as far as you're concerned.

Don't you know any other songs?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:50 PM   #4
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Wildane
1. Blanco is female.
You know, I was all set to copy and paste Bumbleteng's comment and explain the birds and bees. But dammit you beat me to it.

In any case, it makes ya wonder how much time he actually invests in reading the newspapers/watching the news on TV/listening to the news on the radio, eh?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
Wulfhere
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 739
None, the media and the facts will do NOTHING
to change Chitengs perception of FACTS as he
SEES them. Even in light of being proven
utterly foolish and ignorant TIME after time.

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Who Cares?

Why did Bush believe him? Why didnt he have his own men on the ground checking?
Because that would be illegal?
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:25 PM   #7
Dawnmarie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 197
But you know Drysdale, if Bush was to do something illegal like that Chiteng would be totally forgiving.
Dawnmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #8
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Is it just me or is it the some of the same people that say REPEATEDLY that they dont want the government meddling in their business (whether its their state or them personally) that are pissed off when something goes really bad and that said government is standing by waiting for someone to ask for help?

Baffles me but I wanna know how the hell some of you manage to eat your cake and have it too.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #9
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Earlier this week President Bush was told by Louisiana governor that the disaster control was in hand. Shortly following the announcement Bush declared that the state of Louisiana was full of liars and ordered the US military into the state to evacuate the citizens and seize control of all state run facilities and transportation.

The people of Louisiana, outraged over the Presidents illegal move took to the streets in protest, which resulted in over 300 injuries and 2 deaths, including one servicemen, lance corporal Harold Johnson of Missouri who was recently activated as a member of the National Guard.

Father Nathan Johnson told Newsweek today "I was terrified when my son was called to active duty. His mother and I were scared that he'd be sent to Iraq and killed. I never dreamed he might be killed right here in America trying to follow orders. God Damn our stupid ass President!"

Then, late yesterday, the worst fears of all were realized when the New Orleans levee's broke due to hurricane Katrina. In spite of military presence, hundreds were killed or left trapped by the rising waters as a bewildered military struggled to keep up with the damage and the looters to follow.

Earlier this morning Senator Ted Kennedy in conjunction with New York Senator Hilary Clinton called for an emergency session of congress to impeach the President for actions resulting in the deaths of so many people.

"President Bush hates black people" New Orleans Mayor was quoted as saying in response to questions about the federal governments failed attempts to take charge of the situation. "He came in here illegally, with absolutely NO lawful authority to take control of this city away from the professionals who know the area, are familiar with the people involved and what is needed to bring them to safety, and in the end, when disaster struck, his failure to plan for the waters, for the levees, and for dealing with the riots and looters resulted in the deaths of hundred. To him I say 'Mr. President, we hate you too!'"

This afternoon the White House released statement saying "We honestly thought and still think, we're smarter than the people of Louisiana and that taking the matter out of their hands by use of military force was absolutely the right thing to do."

Last edited by AjTaliesen; 03-03-2006 at 12:18 AM.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
The defense rests.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #11
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,932
Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
I smell The Onion.
__________________
One of the wonders of the world is going down
It's going down I know
It's one of the blunders of the world that no-one cares
No-one cares enough


Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #12
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Do you mean the onion like stench that is the media doing every thing they can to bring down an administration that has constantly ignored and disregarded them, or the Onion website?
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #13
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Chiteng
Who Cares?

Why did Bush believe him? Why didnt he have his own men on the ground checking?
Even if he did have his men on the ground checking, and they determined that, "Yep, these durn levees are gonna bust!", he'd still have to wait for them to request help before he could step in and do something about it. He can't just force it on them. If he had, you'd be bitching about that. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what he does anymore, to you. You'll find fault, and a reason to be unhappy about it.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:38 AM   #14
Chiteng
Supporter
 
Chiteng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,240
Originally Posted by Brigiid
Even if he did have his men on the ground checking, and they determined that, "Yep, these durn levees are gonna bust!", he'd still have to wait for them to request help before he could step in and do something about it. He can't just force it on them. If he had, you'd be bitching about that. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter what he does anymore, to you. You'll find fault, and a reason to be unhappy about it.
Your wrong.

If he bombed/invaded/substantively hurt Iran tommorow...
I would be cheering.
__________________
It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:53 AM   #15
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Bullshit
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Wildane
Bullshit
Bullshit on your bullshit. Chiteng has had a hardon for Iran for years. He'd step over his own mother for the opportunity to see Tehran burn. I know you board right-wingers have signed a pledge to oppose Chiteng on any issue, but be fucking reasonable.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:51 AM   #17
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I know Chit would love to bomb the hell out of Iran, I think its because most right wingers (as ya call some of em) are not really all that keen on going into Iran (at this moment) so Chit gets another chance to disagree with them.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #18
Scalz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 584
I like the fact that everyone likes to diregard the fact that once The government was brought it. It was still a cluster fuck.

What does Bush have to do with this you may ask?

resources folks, resources. Severly lacking and highly mismanaged (but some of you can lay the blame on FEMA and Homeland for that one).
__________________
Scalz
70 Scourge Knight
Shazoor
55 Mage

The Republicans are the party of bad ideas. The Democrats are the party of no ideas.
-Lewis Black
Scalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #19
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Bullshit on your bullshit.
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshit. Chiteng would burn his mother to see Bush fail. If we bombed Iran, he would not give Bush credit, I can almost guarantee that. Chiteng has always spewed his "Bush has done NOTHING" mantra and he always will.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #20
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Chiteng hates TEH Bush man
But Iran is true TRUE HATE
Perish in fire Iran
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #21
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Originally Posted by Scalz
I like the fact that everyone likes to diregard the fact that once The government was brought it. It was still a cluster fuck.

What does Bush have to do with this you may ask?

resources folks, resources. Severly lacking and highly mismanaged (but some of you can lay the blame on FEMA and Homeland for that one).
Which you say based on what you found in the free crystal ball that came in Captain Crunch this morning, or were you talking about specific numbers?

Which units present could have been better used in what way?

Or were you just spouting off at the mouth again cheap rhetoric?

Oh, I forgot, it's our responsibility to assume your information is accurate and prove research concerning it.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 09:59 AM   #22
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Bowels of Hell, A.K.A. New Jersey
Posts: 9,564
This issue is dead, Bush rules and the Bush haters drool.
__________________
Chukzombi Astrocreep
Magister (re-united)
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:04 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
Originally Posted by Wildane
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshit. Chiteng would burn his mother to see Bush fail. If we bombed Iran, he would not give Bush credit, I can almost guarantee that. Chiteng has always spewed his "Bush has done NOTHING" mantra and he always will.
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshitting your bullshit. I'm not saying he'd become a sycophantic Bush fanboi like Chuk and other resident puppets, but Chiteng would applaud the decision.

Please note that the bullshit chain will go on ad nauseum, it's too shiny and I can't stop pushing the reply button.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #24
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,987
My matador slays all the shitting bulls cuz he's really a NINJA!!!! And he's PUMPED!!!
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:36 AM   #25
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Bullshit on your bullshitting my bullshitting your bullshit. I'm not saying he'd become a sycophantic Bush fanboi like Chuk and other resident puppets, but Chiteng would applaud the decision.

Please note that the bullshit chain will go on ad nauseum, it's too shiny and I can't stop pushing the reply button.
I just can't resist the dare, besides it's making me actually like Horm and I didn't know that was possible. So...

Bullshit on your bullshitting, his bullshitting, your bullshitting, his bullshit.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:38 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.