Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Happy 10th anniversary Bill & Monica!

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle3185449.ece
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Who fucking cares......

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Who fucking cares......
How can you say that? It was a huge event in our history. It was a defining moment in our history.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Right.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:31 AM   #5
bumbleroot

How can you say that? It was a huge event in our history. It was a defining moment in our history.
If you think Sally Hemmings was that important to our history then you must think Monica Lewinsky meant something to us.
Ask your boss who cheats on his wife if that hurts the business or effects it at all..... Yeah.... I didn't think it did.
This was a politically cooked up issue. Didn't effect my life one way or another.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
If my boss got his dick sucked in his office on company time, he'd be in deep shit with the department. I've seen officers and civilian employees fired for that kind of reckless and inappropriate use of company time and resources.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
celedine169

Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
If my boss got his dick sucked in his office on company time, he'd be in deep shit with the department. I've seen officers and civilian employees fired for that kind of reckless and inappropriate use of company time and resources.
Your boss apparently isn't as good at spurious logic as Slick Willie.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #8
Drysdale
RSS Feed

You mean all you did was give him a handjob?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
Brigiid

Ba dum ching.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
ShardmoonVer.1

I am just glad the whole thing settled once and for wall what the definition of the word is... is.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #11
bumbleroot

If my boss got his dick sucked in his office on company time, he'd be in deep shit with the department.
If your boss were to have sex with his wife in his office he would probably be in big trouble as well. But this was also his house and his job didn't have any hours, its 24/7. So as long as he wasn't breaking any laws, he sets the moral standards.
Let me give you an example of what I am talking about. If your boss came in to work and he were shit-faced drunk, he may be fired. If a president got shit-faced drunk at the White House, he would not be in trouble. The same moral agenda that applies to the office place does not apply to the White House.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #12
ShardmoonVer.1

Any boss in America would get fired for fucking their interns. Simple, end of story. At work, at home, or on a roller coast.

But, thats not why Monica means so much. It was all that perjury afterwards.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Bumbleroot
If your boss were to have sex with his wife in his office he would probably be in big trouble as well.
Right. That's why I didn't specify 'wife' or 'mistress'.

But this was also his house and his job didn't have any hours, its 24/7.
Sure, and I can be reasonable about that. But with some of their encounters occurring in his office during normal business hours, I think it's reasonable to suspect that he wasn't using his time wisely.

So as long as he wasn't breaking any laws, he sets the moral standards.
That doesn't mean the public doesn't have a right to be concerned that he's squandering their time and money.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #14
ShardmoonVer.1

Dont buy into the whole its his house bullshit. Its his position and hers that matters. Not where it happened or even when it happened.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
Brigiid

That'd fall under an ethics violation, and I don't know what the rules are for the Presidency. It isn't uniform across the board for all superior/subordinate relationships.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #16
ShardmoonVer.1

What he did wasnt a crime. It may be now, but at the time I dont believe it was. What he did after was. The list is long of the guys who arent convicted for they are accused of, but lying about it. His name should be at the top.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #17
bumbleroot

What he did wasnt a crime. It may be now, but at the time I dont believe it was. What he did after was.
It was never a crime and still isn't. Nor was it ever related to any crime. It was an indiscretion. So why was a Federal Grand Jury asking him the question at all in the first place?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:56 PM   #18
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
It was never a crime and still isn't. Nor was it ever related to any crime. It was an indiscretion. So why was a Federal Grand Jury asking him the question at all in the first place?
Paula Jones was one reason...
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Shardmoon
What he did wasnt a crime. It may be now, but at the time I dont believe it was. What he did after was. The list is long of the guys who arent convicted for they are accused of, but lying about it. His name should be at the top.
I agree with you.

Nor was it ever related to any crime.
Paula Jones sued him for sexual harassment, and he lied under oath during his deposition for that particular lawsuit. It's not like it was unwarranted.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 PM   #20
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I agree with you.

Paula Jones sued him for sexual harassment, and he lied under oath during his deposition for that particular lawsuit. It's not like it was unwarranted.
Shhh! Bumbles is in his dreamworld!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-21-2008, 03:57 AM   #21
bumbleroot

Paula Jones sued him for sexual harassment, and he lied under oath during his deposition for that particular lawsuit.
Then why was this mentioned in Starr's report?
Also Kathleen Willey gave testimony in the Jones' case under advice of Ken Starr's team of lawyers.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white...balz_3-13.html

Also, let us not forget who Jones' lawyers were and where they came from and why did she have them?
Two words for you here
Arkansas Project.

That was your case against Clinton and how it found its way into the Starr report is another concern.

The point I am making isn't that he fucked around. I could care less about that. He has to deal with his God, his wife and his family on that. But it isn't my business one bit. The point is that there was no "there" there.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:21 AM   #22
FafnerMorell

Then why was this mentioned in Starr's report?
Also Kathleen Willey gave testimony in the Jones' case under advice of Ken Starr's team of lawyers.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/white...balz_3-13.html
From the link you posted above:
Well, what they're trying to show [via Monica] is a pattern of behavior on President Clinton's part alleging that those women who responded to his overtures were in one way or another rewarded for that response, or if they didn't, that they were discriminated against.

Well, what they're talking about--and this is where it links most directly to the investigation by the independent counsel Ken Starr--what they're saying is that in the cases of a number of women with whom President Clinton had some kind of encounter--whether it is Monica Lewinsky, Kathleen Willey, who had worked as a volunteer in the White House at one point, even Gennifer Flowers--that President Clinton or his associates have urged all of those people to either lie or alter their testimony, or in one way or another suppress the truth.
Now, the Starr report wound up being very open-ended, covering a lot of alledged misconduct (dismissing some, finding strong evidence for other).

In the end, the involvement of Monica & Kathleen Willey in the Paula Jones lawsuit makes perfect sense - just see the part in bold above. Now, one can argue whether or not Clinton was guilty in the Paula Jones case - but it's somewhat a moot point - they settled out of court. However, the perjury charges related to that is what he was impeached on.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:31 AM   #23
bumbleroot

Only Jones brought a lawsuit and that was dismissed.
The others were subpoenaed as a result of that lawsuit.

As I said, there was no "there" there.

Did Clinton fool around with these women? Most likely he did. Was that about it? Who knows? Was there any legal wrongdoings being pursued? Most likely not. Then why was this even brought into the discussion? It was a two-bit lawsuit

Here is a strong legal analysis of all of the charges. Let us also not forget that he was not acquitted on any charges as the votes were almost purely partisan, thus contributing to the case that this was a partisan job.
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/proj...eanalyzed.html
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #24
FafnerMorell

Only Jones brought a lawsuit and that was dismissed.
The others were subpoenaed as a result of that lawsuit.
The lawsuit was initially dismissed - it was then appealed. As it was going through the appeals process, it was settled out of court.

The judge who initally dismissed the case was the same judge who later found President Clinton in civil contempt of court for misleading testimony in the Jones case, fined him $90k, and then referred him to the Arkansas Bar for disciplinary action.

In short, Clinton lied under oath to get the case dismissed. He got caught (thanks to that blue dress), and got his ass handed to him by the judge who he lied to.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #25
Brigiid

How the case ended up is irrelevant. It was a perfectly legitimate case, and he lied under oath during the deposition. He broke the law.