Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Chiteng View Post
Then we should arrainge things so they DO suffer
Who's "we"??? You got a frog in your pocket?

I want them to prosper. Because when THEY prosper, the rest of us do too... You'll never get that part though... That's why I call you a tard constantly... Well, that and because you ARE a tard.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Who's "we"??? You got a frog in your pocket?

I want them to prosper. Because when THEY prosper, the rest of us do too... You'll never get that part though... That's why I call you a tard constantly... Well, that and because you ARE a tard.
Your right. I will never agree with 'trickle down' bullshit.

I say shoot them.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:39 AM   #28
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Your right. I will never agree with 'trickle down' bullshit.

I say shoot them.
Of course you won't and of course you do.

Simplistic answers from a simplistic person.

If it were up to people like you, we'd be standing in line for toilet paper. But hey! You'd have your "equality."

I prefer excellence.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-24-2008, 04:28 AM   #29
Everclear

Originally Posted by Chiteng
Then we should arrainge things so they DO suffer
So you want the wealthy to be the new second class citizen?

Isn't taht going against equality? How can you be angry at the inequality that leads to being rich on one hand... and on the other hand wish to create a class of second class citizens that would suffer... simply because you don't like them?

Wouldn't that just make you the new elite... and them the new poor?

That is a paradox.

So what is it you really want to accomplish? Revenge? Dominion over others? Well... then you don't really hate the "wealthy" you speak of... you simply wish you were one of them... and if you can't be... then you want to change society around you to make you one.... but tsk tsk... don't give any illusions of caring about such petty things as equality.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:16 AM   #30
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Everclear View Post
You've uncovered his evil master plan! Now he just needs to get his "laser beam" into orbit so that he can take out a city at will and hold the earth hostage for the sum of....

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Muahahahahahaha!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #31
Chiteng
Supporter

Of course you won't and of course you do.

Simplistic answers from a simplistic person.

If it were up to people like you, we'd be standing in line for toilet paper. But hey! You'd have your "equality."

I prefer excellence.
I will happily take any man on in my chosen field Drysdale.
I have no doubt whatever, I would easily kick your ass.

Competition doesnt scare me.
Rigging the rules so that the contest isnt fair, is what pisses me off

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 01-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #32
Chiteng
Supporter

So you want the wealthy to be the new second class citizen?

Isn't taht going against equality? How can you be angry at the inequality that leads to being rich on one hand... and on the other hand wish to create a class of second class citizens that would suffer... simply because you don't like them?

That is a paradox.

So what is it you really want to accomplish? Revenge? Dominion over others? Well... then you don't really hate the "wealthy" you speak of... you simply wish you were one of them... and if you can't be... then you want to change society around you to make you one.... but tsk tsk... don't give any illusions of caring about such petty things as equality.
I want all the false rules that prevent REAL competition destroyed.
No more Harvard or Yale assholes getting a cakewalk from daddy.
Everyone is paid on the MERITS.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #33
Chiteng
Supporter

You've uncovered his evil master plan! Now he just needs to get his "laser beam" into orbit so that he can take out a city at will and hold the earth hostage for the sum of....

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!

Muahahahahahaha!
No Drysdale. I never threaten. If it was in orbit, I would simply start firing.
No threats, and no extortion.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #34
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

I will happily take any man on in my chosen field Drysdale.
I have no doubt whatever, I would easily kick your ass.
And thus, the gauntlet is cast down - would any one challenge Chiteng in a battle of moonbat shitflinging? Would any even dare?
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:02 AM   #35
Veo

/hands Chiteng a sense of humour.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #36
Everclear

Harvard or Yale is probably a goood education. What makes you think they don't merit their pay?

Do you honestly think you are competing in your chosen field against Harvard grads? I doubt it.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #37
Chiteng
Supporter

Harvard or Yale is probably a goood education. What makes you think they don't merit their pay?

Do you honestly think you are competing in your chosen field against Harvard grads? I doubt it.
I think the system is weighted to favor such grads.
That is stacking the deck.

If you dont have enough money to attend, you dont get in.
Notice the key requirement MONEY

Money isnt a skill.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-24-2008, 09:17 AM   #38
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Veo View Post
/hands Chiteng a sense of humour.
/em watches as it slips through his fingers and lands on the ground with a "ba-dum-dum"

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #39
Everclear

Originally Posted by Chiteng

But don't you think the professors that are at the top of thier fields demand higher pay? That is based on merit... so then the consumers are thsoe that can afford it. How would you change that to be fair? Demand that the top minds are paid less than their merit deserves?
Old 01-24-2008, 09:33 AM   #40
Veo

I think he's arguing that a Harvard grad shouldn't be considered better than anyone other grad in the same field.

Of course, deciphering Chitengese is like translating Russian to Chinese using Egyptian heiroglyphics while only speaking English.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM   #41
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I think the system is weighted to favor such grads.
That is stacking the deck.

Money isnt a skill.
Typical Chiteng lie...

The Committee on General Scholarships (CGS) at Harvard University administers scholarship, fellowship, and loan funds that provide over $5 million in financial assistance to more than 400 Harvard students each year. Our funds fall into three general categories:
http://www.scholarship.harvard.edu/

You don't need money. You just need skill.

Not that I'm skilled enough to get in on a full ride, but there are those who are. Of course I'm more impressed with MIT than Harvard, but that's just the Geeksnob in me
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #42
Chiteng
Supporter

Typical Chiteng lie...

http://www.scholarship.harvard.edu/

You don't need money. You just need skill.

Not that I'm skilled enough to get in on a full ride, but there are those who are. Of course I'm more impressed with MIT than Harvard, but that's just the Geeksnob in me
I would prefer Boston U if you go that way, or maybe Cal Tech.

That money spread out over 5k people wont go very far.
A $200 dollar award doesnt even pay for books.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #43
Drysdale
RSS Feed

That money spread out over 5k people wont go very far.
A $200 dollar award doesnt even pay for books.
5 million spread over 400 people. Please read.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-24-2008, 10:58 AM   #44
Veo

~$12k. That will get you about 1/3 of a year of tuition.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #45
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Depends on how it's spread. I'd assume there are full rides available, if you're good enough to make the cut, which negates Chit's point.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 AM   #46
Everclear

Well.. pointing out that merit based pay is what creates schools like Harvard... where the best instructors can be paid... and therefor the wealthy are the ones that can afford the best minds and thus the best education negates his point.

Oh sure, going to Harvard doesn't guarantee you are the best student or the brightest person... but just think of the contacts alone!!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #47
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

BU's a school for nouveau riche kids from Jersey who couldn't get in to BC
Old 01-24-2008, 06:27 PM   #48
Alinusara

Well.. pointing out that merit based pay is what creates schools like Harvard... where the best instructors can be paid... and therefor the wealthy are the ones that can afford the best minds and thus the best education negates his point.

Oh sure, going to Harvard doesn't guarantee you are the best student or the brightest person... but just think of the contacts alone!!
Probably the bolded portion of this statement is Chiteng's main gripe. Due to time limitations many upper teir recruiters i.e. Wall Street, tend to focus more of their resources checking out the current crop of graduates in ivy league schools.

As for his shoot them on sight statement, Pol Pot and the killing fields caused a lot of devastation and suffering in Cambodia. It would be interesting to visit a seperate timeline and see what that country would be like today if they didn't go through that period of history.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote