Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Ps3 < Sledgehammer

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/17/s...hed-their-ps3/
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Wow, what a bunch of idiots.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I think you just insulted idiots everywhere Wild
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

They didn't show that they bought the 2nd higher end PS3 which they plan to sell on eBay to recoup the cost of the one they smashed.

Read the article on the weekend.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Tards!

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Wulfhere

I think it is absolutely hilarious, and shows what a bunch of lifeless fucking retards these dipshits who would wait in line 18 hours for a VIDEO GAME are.

And on top of that, what kind of fucking braindead douchebag would spend $3000 to buy something on ebay that he will probably be able to get at any Best Buy in the country for $500 in less than 2 months, with NO waiting period?

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
Tuan00Dorf

I waited 5 hours for a Wii.

OMG SO NO LIFE!

Get real Wulf, your posting on an everquest message board for gods sake.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:03 PM   #8
Wulfhere

Tuan, if you have nothing better to do with 5 hours of your life than stand in line to PAY full price for a new video game then yes, you have no life. If you are so impatient that you absolutely MUST have it the second it comes out, then yes, you have no life.

Why do you and people like you buy into all this bullshit hype and marketing crap, and absolutely can't live without a damn game, which is so obviously marketed just before Christmas for this sole purpose? Is 2 months of waiting, after which you won't have to pay as much money, and won't have to wait in line at all so terribly long?

By standing in line like a trained gerbil for garbage like this, you just reaffirm to the greedy corporations putting it out that they have not misplaced their belief that people are braindead lemmings, who they can milk money out of every 2 years when they release the new BEST console.

Wulf
Old 11-20-2006, 10:59 PM   #9
Tuan00Dorf

Wow I spent a whole 5 hours....... You mean like the five hours you probably spent in front of the tv or computer this weekend?

"so impatient" "must have it the second it comes out".. what, because I'm willing to spend a whole five hours outside with some friends instead of waiting another month or two? yeah, that's just sooo impatient....

And what's this "after which you won't have to pay as much money"? The price isn't dropping anytime soon. So it's not like waiting is going to save money.

Oh noes the greedy corporations! What in the hell are you rambling about anyway? I support the innovation of Nintendo for this console. It's something new and different. And btw, I haven't owned a console since SNES. But this one is worth the money to me, because they are finally doing something new. I'm sooo sorry you can't understand that, please forgive me!

Again, the fact that you (at least used to) play Everquest and come here bitching because I spent 5 hours outside "camping" for a Wii is extremely entertaining!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:54 AM   #10
Davek
Squawk Box

See, they make a great point.

They bought the PS3...wtf does it matter to anyone else wtf they do with it? Does it really matter if it was smashed on the sidewalk or setup in their gaming den or microwaved? It's not like anyone else waiting in that line would have had access to that specific PS3.

Kinda like what I do on occassion....walk up to someone and buy a smoke from them....then I crumble it up in front of them. Why would they be so upset at that when the alternative results in the smoke being burned up and they wouldn't be the ones smoking it?

So again...what they do with their own property is their choice. Sure it's kinda rude to do that in front of the "have nots".

And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:04 AM   #11
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek
See, they make a great point.

They bought the PS3...wtf does it matter to anyone else wtf they do with it? Does it really matter if it was smashed on the sidewalk or setup in their gaming den or microwaved? It's not like anyone else waiting in that line would have had access to that specific PS3.

Kinda like what I do on occassion....walk up to someone and buy a smoke from them....then I crumble it up in front of them. Why would they be so upset at that when the alternative results in the smoke being burned up and they wouldn't be the ones smoking it?

So again...what they do with their own property is their choice. Sure it's kinda rude to do that in front of the "have nots".
OMG! The perv made a GREAT point! GJ Canuck!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-21-2006, 04:17 AM   #12
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

Pete Townsend smashed guitars, PS3 gamers smash PS3s.

Performance art.

Next thread, please...
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:21 AM   #13
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Drysdale
OMG! The perv made a GREAT point! GJ Canuck!
Have I evolved into the Polkaroo yet?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:22 AM   #14
Wildane

Originally Posted by Davek
What, I can't have an opinion? You'll excuse me for thinking someone is an idiot for paying $600+ for something they just intend to destroy.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-21-2006, 04:55 AM   #15
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Wildane
What, I can't have an opinion? You'll excuse me for thinking someone is an idiot for paying $600+ for something they just intend to destroy.
Naw, you can have the opinion. But I was just pointing out that they can do what they want with what they bought. They bought 2. Smashed one and are planning to sell the other. To them they didn't waste the money and got some fun out of it.

Article

Pair buy a PS3 --and then smash it

Ben Lovatt and Victor Moukhortov waited in line for two days to buy a new PlayStation 3 only to take it to Dundas Square and smash it to bits with a sledge hammer.

"I did it for the thrill and to see people's expression," Moukhortov, a 17-year-old part-time student said yesterday after the public smashing of the PS3 he bought from the downtown Best Buy.

"It was like a social experiment to see people's reaction. It held up pretty well. It took about 15 hits to break it."

The pair both bought two PS3s -- a 20-gigabyte unit worth $550 and a 60-gigabyte unit worth $650. The 20Gb unit was the one destroyed.

"We are going to sell the 60-gigabyte one at a profit to cover the cost of the wrecked one," said Lovatt.

"Some people say we are anti-consumer, but we sure generate a lot of statements."

The downtown Best Buy had 100 PS3 units for sale yesterday. It's too bad someone would destroy a new PS3 when there are so many people -- like sick children in hospitals-- that would love a chance to play the new system, said Andrew Burt, a Best Buy manager who watched the unit being destroyed.

My comments: Well if Andrew Burt feels so strongly about sick children, why didn't he buy one for a hospital. His store made a profit from them buying the PS3...is he going to donate that to the hospital? Didn't think so.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:28 AM   #16
Wildane

Considering Andrew Burt doesn't control what happens to the profit, I don't see how he could donate it.

I never suggested that they couldn't do what they wanted to with their PS3, only that they were idiots for doing it. They bought it fair and square just like everybody else.

Old 11-21-2006, 05:35 AM   #17
Wulfhere

Wow Tuan, got your little panties in a bunch over me calling you a loser ehh? Going crossthread to sling shit, now that is class baby.

Go stand in a line for 5 hours, maybe there is something cool at the end of it that you can pay for!

Wulf
Old 11-21-2006, 09:01 AM   #18
Tuan00Dorf

Nice response, glad to see you had nothing real to come back with.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:09 AM   #19
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I'd rather spend 5 hours waiting for a Wii than spend 5 hours doing wipes and corpse retrievals in NToV pre-PoP. I spend 5 hours most saturdays playing WoW.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:10 AM   #20
Foust Farseer

thats because WoW > EQ.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #21
Wulfhere

Originally Posted by Tuan
Nice response, glad to see you had nothing real to come back with.
You want a real response, ok, here goes.

Wow I spent a whole 5 hours....... You mean like the five hours you probably spent in front of the tv or computer this weekend?
Firstly, I don't watch hardly any TV, and if I ever spent 5 hours in a row in front of one, I would probably kick my own ass for being a loser and wasting 5 consecutive hours of my life. What is on the tube that could possibly hold anyones attention for that long anyway?

As for the computer, most of my posting here is done from work, while I am either on break or waiting for a call to fix something. Same as above.

"so impatient" "must have it the second it comes out".. what, because I'm willing to spend a whole five hours outside with some friends instead of waiting another month or two? yeah, that's just sooo impatient....
Yes, you understand now.

And what's this "after which you won't have to pay as much money"? The price isn't dropping anytime soon. So it's not like waiting is going to save money.
Yeahhhh, are you actually trying to convince anyone here that the prices won't drop after Christmas, or that they won't add extra games to the package to entice buyers? Please, get a clue.

Oh noes the greedy corporations! What in the hell are you rambling about anyway? I support the innovation of Nintendo for this console. It's something new and different. And btw, I haven't owned a console since SNES. But this one is worth the money to me, because they are finally doing something new. I'm sooo sorry you can't understand that, please forgive me!
Reading comprehension FTW Tuan. I never said that I had a problem with someone wanting a gaming console, or with someone supporting new technology. What I said, if you hadn't been immediately defensive (guilty conscience maybe?) was that anyone who would wait in line for one or pay 6X the value to get it on Ebay is a loser.

Again, the fact that you (at least used to) play Everquest and come here bitching because I spent 5 hours outside "camping" for a Wii is extremely entertaining!
Yes, I did, in fact I played for 37 hours straight one weekend. Guess what, I was a LOSER. I also wasn't married, and had no child, but I was still a complete antisocial loser, who let a game take over his life for almost 4 years. It is amazing I still found time to party or get laid, let alone find a wife! All of those things made me a loser then, exactly like I am calling you NOW.

Get it? Got it? Good.

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I never once put a name to anything I said, or bitched at anyone. I said I thought the video was funny, and you got ultra defensive. Again, feeling a little guilty about waiting in line to pay someone a full 2 weeks of your fast food paycheck?

Wulf
Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #22
Tuan00Dorf

Originally Posted by Wulf
Firstly, I don't watch hardly any TV, and if I ever spent 5 hours in a row in front of one, I would probably kick my own ass for being a loser and wasting 5 consecutive hours of my life. What is on the tube that could possibly hold anyones attention for that long anyway?
So because you don't like TV anyone that watches a lot is automatically a loser? I'm sure you never spend any time in a way which others would consider a waste.

Yes, you understand now.
Option 1) Wait a few hours, get the console and have it available to play with friends for the next two months.
Option 2) Wait possibly a few months to get one, or maybe just a few weeks. I don't know.

So to you, there is something wrong with choosing option 1? Care to explain? And by explain.. I mean something more than your ever so clever "ur a loser!". I went with a few friends. Part of the time I sat there and read. What again is your problem here?

Yeahhhh, are you actually trying to convince anyone here that the prices won't drop after Christmas, or that they won't add extra games to the package to entice buyers? Please, get a clue.
Perhaps you should get a clue.
Xbox 360 released a year ago: $299.
Xbox 360 price today: $299.

In other words, there is no point in waiting with regards to price.

Reading comprehension FTW Tuan. I never said that I had a problem with someone wanting a gaming console, or with someone supporting new technology.
Yes, you did. See below.
By standing in line like a trained gerbil for garbage like this, you just reaffirm to the greedy corporations putting it out that they have not misplaced their belief that people are braindead lemmings, who they can milk money out of every 2 years when they release the new BEST console.

Yes, I did, in fact I played for 37 hours straight one weekend. Guess what, I was a LOSER. I also wasn't married, and had no child, but I was still a complete antisocial loser, who let a game take over his life for almost 4 years. It is amazing I still found time to party or get laid, let alone find a wife! All of those things made me a loser then, exactly like I am calling you NOW.
Ok now we get to the real issue. You were and still are a self proclaimed loser. Congratulations, why do we care?

EDIT: Oh, and for the record, I never once put a name to anything I said, or bitched at anyone. I said I thought the video was funny, and you got ultra defensive.
Ultra-defensive? All I did was say that I was one who waited, and mocked your comment. You came back with personal insults. Try remembering what actual happened instead of your deluded version of the truth.

Again, feeling a little guilty about waiting in line to pay someone a full 2 weeks of your fast food paycheck?
Aw you're so funny! Try more like a partial day pay instead of two weeks. I have a great job that I enjoy and pays very well.

Any other lies you care to come up with? Or random insults that have no basis in reality you'd like to spew?

Really I don't see what your problem is. I was/am excited for the Wii. It's something really different than before. I was willing to wait in line a bit for it. So what? Are you this insecure about yourself that calling people losers is the only thing that can cheer you up from your life?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:39 PM   #23
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Foust Farseer
thats because WoW > EQ.
.. if you're 13...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #24
Foust Farseer

The only thing EQ had going for it was that the content was difficult enough that it promoted group cohesion and skill development.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:57 PM   #25
Tuan00Dorf

Originally Posted by Foust Farseer
The only thing EQ had going for it was that the content was difficult enough that it promoted group cohesion and skill development.
I wouldn't say the only thing, but definitely true about that!