Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 09:12 AM   #1
Davek
Squawk Box

Default Lott Wins Back Leadership Slot

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...111500533.html

By Daniela Deane
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 15, 2006; 11:28 AM

Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.), who was ousted as Senate majority leader four years ago because of racially insensitive remarks about America's segregationist past, was elected to his party's No. 2 spot in the chamber today by a single vote.

Lott came out of the political wilderness by beating Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) by a 25-24 vote to become the Republicans' vote-counting whip in the Senate, Sen. Rick Santorum (R-Pa.) told reporters, according to news agency reports. The Republican caucus elected Lott, a past whip, on a secret ballot after a night that saw both candidates lobby their GOP colleagues heavily for the job.

Lott will be the GOP's second-in-command to Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, who was unanimously elected to be the Senate minority leader in the new Democratic-led Congress that will be seated in January. McConnell, who will replace Sen. Bill Frist of Tennessee, ran unopposed. Frist is retiring from Congress as he contemplates a potential run for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination.

Lott resigned as GOP leader on Dec. 20, 2002, after a two-week furor following his suggestion that the country would have been better off if it had elected Strom Thurmond president in 1948, when he ran on a segregationist platform.
In other news tonight, Lott's wife looked back.

(sorry...I didn't even read the article or care what it was about...as soon as I saw the name, the punchline had to be written)

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Go Trent! Love him or hate him, he really helped us get proper funding for education in our state.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote