Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #26
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I think judges weight the preponderance of evidence or call it balance of probability. Kewl sound anyway.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:45 PM   #27
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
I havent backed of my stance on Iota.
Bullshit.

YOU are WRONG, you CANNOT be legally bound to any contract if you are drunk whether you sign anything or not.
Sounds pretty certain to me. A few posts later, you back off and say it's not 100% that it will be voided.

Anybody may petition to have any contract voided at any time. That doesn't mean they have a legal leg to stand on. Simply being intoxicated is not necessarily enough to void a contract.
Old 11-17-2006, 02:34 AM   #28
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I have read the law, I went to fucking college for the shit, a contract is NOT legally binding if one party is to incoherent (intoxicated) to make a rational judgement............ the only thing is there has to be proof that this is so..... pretty simple but your husband was drunk when he signed the marriage certificate and you want to make sure you get your half when he leaves

What isn't 100 percent is the ability to prove one party was to intoxicated...... IF YOU PROVE YOU WERE OR THE OTHER PARTY OR WHATEVER THEN THE CONTRACT WILL BE NULL AND VOID. (that simple enough for you?).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 AM   #29
Brigiid

a contract is NOT legally binding if one party is to incoherent (intoxicated) to make a rational judgement............
I do wish you'd make up your mind. Either it absolutely will be voided or it won't.

You start out strong, saying they can't be bound to a contract if they're drunk. Then you start throwing in a bunch of if's and and's and conditions. Then you acknowledge that it's not 100% that it will be voided, and throw in some BS unsupported statistics about it probably happening more than half the time.

Perhaps you ought to be a bit more certain when you're SCREAMING IN CAPS that other people are WRONG. Just a thought.

pretty simple but your husband was drunk when he signed the marriage certificate and you want to make sure you get your half when he leaves
I can always tell when you're getting frustrated - you always always always resort to cheap personal attacks. Once again, you're wasting your breath. I don't think enough of your opinion of me to get my feelings hurt by what you say.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:04 AM   #30
Axgar

if you werent so goddamn hard headed, you just like to argue so you change your fucking wording like shitty diapers.

Let me make this simple for you if your intoxicated the contract can be voided...........

you still have to prove the intoxicated part.
Old 11-17-2006, 05:17 AM   #31
Brigiid

if you werent so goddamn hard headed
Thank you.

you just like to argue so you change your fucking wording like shitty diapers.
What wording have I changed?

Let me make this simple for you if your intoxicated the contract can be voided..........
You don't need to dumb it down for me. I understand how it works, and I understand that 'can be' is conditional and not a guarantee that it will be.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:18 AM   #32
Everclear

Yes, there is a big difference in.."can" be voided... and absolutely must be voided. Especially when the convention is that they aren't voided for such cases.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:23 AM   #33
Axgar

we are pretty much saying the same thing you two just like to piss off the crippled up white boy from ND.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:28 AM   #34
Everclear

Duh... if you are crippled.. you should be calling us bigots who discriminate against differentlyabled people!
Old 11-17-2006, 07:30 AM   #35
Axgar

Why would I do that? Im not that way, Im not gonna run to mommy crying because someone don't like me because of my health or skin color or whatever and yea Ive heard shit when I was younger....... guess what? I took care of it myself......cool concept huh?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #36
Brigiid

we are pretty much saying the same thing you two just like to piss off the crippled up white boy from ND.
If we're pretty much saying the same thing, why do you keep arguing and insisting that I'm wrong and/or don't understand how the law works?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #37
Everclear

Why would I do that?
Cause you can? LOL...I wasn't being serious!
Old 11-17-2006, 11:13 AM   #38
celedine169

We don't pick on you because you're crippled, we pick on you cuz we don't agree with your opinions, the same as you pick on us. That's like saying you poke at me cuz I'm bald and have bad skin, not because I'm a nutjob with weird opinions.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:03 PM   #39
ShardmoonVer.1

I went and saw the movie and laughed hard and often. I could have lived without the fat guys scrotum on Borats lips scene, but other than that, I highly recommend it.
Old 11-18-2006, 02:15 PM   #40
Axgar

Originally Posted by Brigiid
If we're pretty much saying the same thing, why do you keep arguing and insisting that I'm wrong and/or don't understand how the law works?
because your insisting Im wrong..........
Old 11-18-2006, 06:51 PM   #41
Brigiid

because your insisting Im wrong..........
Because you state with apparent certainty in one post that a contract signed while intoxicated WILL be voided, and in another that it MAY be voided. There's a difference in those statements - one is correct and one is not.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:25 PM   #42
Axgar

NO I still say that it WILL be voided

Once a person can PROVE (key word here) that they were intoxicated to the point that it fucked up their judgement the contract can be voided IF thats what the inebriated party in the contract wants.

You can differentiate between proving one party was drunk and them actually being drunk I guess.......... an instructor I once had mad us do problem solving reports for a business class, being shortsighted and only commenting on the obvious got you a bad grade........ I recieved A's on every single one of them.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #43
Everclear

I don't believe proving they were drunk is enough... it was self induced.. I beleive you have to PROVE that the OtHER party KNEW they were too drunk to make a rational decision.... not gonna say it again... good faith issue.

Why do I think this? ..well because technically you can enforce a contract if the party can PROVE they believed (due to the other party) that there was a contract in place, and therefor acted accordingly to thier detriment... that is grounds for a promissory estopple case. There are clear and present terms for a contract here, and the drunk defense.... although technically possible, is highly unlikely to be successful, imo.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:01 PM   #44
Axgar

I guess I just cant read then because I have read almost exactly what I said in multiple sites......
Old 11-18-2006, 10:30 PM   #45
Brigiid

Any monkey can copy and paste something from another website. What's missing is your ability to understand what you're copying and pasting. Simply being drunk does not guarantee that the contract will be voided. It might be, it may be, it could be, and it can be, but it is not guaranteed that it will be.

You've said that it will be, and you've also said that it's not 100% that it will be. You're contradicting yourself.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 AM   #46
Axgar

Like I said you just argue for the sake of arguing.

The law specifically states that a contract can be voided if one party is intoxicated to the point it affects his ability to enter into a contract.

The simple fact of the matter is people who have to wait till their husband goes to work to go to bed are just argumentative because they are tired.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:41 AM   #47
Axgar

Intoxicated persons

A contract made by an intoxicated person is voidable. When a person is inebriated at the time of entering into a contract with another and subsequently becomes sober and either promises to perform the contract or fails to disaffirm it within a reasonable time after becoming sober, the person has ratified his or her voidable contract and is legally bound to perform.

http://www.answers.com/topic/contracts-legal-term

here is the site that come from.......... any pig can click on it and go look since they cant seem to comprehend what the monkey copied and pasted.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:06 AM   #48
Brigiid

Like I said you just argue for the sake of arguing.
Aren't we all? Or are you under the impression that you're accomplishing something for the greater good of humanity by posting here?

The law specifically states that a contract can be voided if one party is intoxicated to the point it affects his ability to enter into a contract.
Can be. That doesn't mean it will be. Can you not see the difference?

The simple fact of the matter is people who have to wait till their husband goes to work to go to bed are just argumentative because they are tired.
LOL, I'm not even remotely tired, nor am I waiting for my husband to go to work so I can go to bed. You don't know shit.

And your reason for being awake and arguing at this time of morning is...?

any pig can click on it and go look since they cant seem to comprehend what the monkey copied and pasted
/sigh

You don't understand what you copied and pasted. 'Is voidable' means that it can be voided. It does not guarantee that it will be voided. You'd have a lot less trouble with this discussion if you understood the difference between 'can be' and 'will be'.

Last edited by Brigiid; 11-19-2006 at 02:13 AM.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 02:55 AM   #49
Axgar

What part of "A contract made by an intoxicated person is voidable" don't you understand?

what part of "When a person is inebriated at the time of entering into a contract with another and subsequently becomes sober and either promises to perform the contract or fails to disaffirm it within a reasonable time after becoming sober, the person has ratified his or her voidable contract and is legally bound to perform." dont you understand?

IS VOIDABLE dont mean that you HAVE TO VOID IT........

and IF YOU DON'T void the contract in a reasonalbe time it CANNOT be voided OR if you do something to reaffirm the contract......

Its a good thing EC and yourself can pat you on the back comprehension because it's obvious you have none.

My reason for being awake is I had to drunk ass women show up at my house and keep me awake all fucking night and now I cant sleep ,,,,,, no Im not drinking, which could be the reason Im crabby as hell....... that ok with you?
Old 11-19-2006, 11:48 AM   #50
Brigiid

What part of "A contract made by an intoxicated person is voidable" don't you understand?
There's nothing there that I don't understand. The contract can be voided.

Can be.

Not will be.

NO I still say that it WILL be voided
This is where I take issue. It is not certain that the contract will be voided.

Like I said, I think you'd have less trouble with this discussion if you understood that 'can be' and 'will be' are two different things, and that what you're saying is two different things.

and IF YOU DON'T void the contract in a reasonalbe time it CANNOT be voided OR if you do something to reaffirm the contract......
Another nail in their coffin - advanced releases of the film were available for viewing in March 2006, so it's been done for awhile. What happened...happened months ago - probably close to a year. They didn't start bitching until after its release, in November 2006. Is that a reasonable time frame to you?

Here's the thing: they weren't unaware that they'd signed a contract. They weren't unaware of what they'd done. Their recollection of the events in question seems pretty rock-solid to me, even though they were intoxicated. I think they understood exactly what they were doing, they just didn't understand how it was going to be used.

I don't think that's got anything to do with intoxication. Several other participants that weren't drunk are now coming forward and saying they were lied to about the film's distribution. It looks like the confusion was pretty wide-spread, and not the result of intoxication.

Its a good thing EC and yourself can pat you on the back comprehension because it's obvious you have none.

My reason for being awake is I had to drunk ass women show up at my house and keep me awake all fucking night and now I cant sleep ,,,,,, no Im not drinking, which could be the reason Im crabby as hell....... that ok with you?
I don't personally care what you were doing. You took it upon yourself to assume my situation, so I wondered what more noble cause had you up and posting at the exact same time that I was.