Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Technical Related

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #1
korast

Default Bet ya cant figure this one out

I have a game folder with 1.7gigs of info i want to delete... but well cant. Maybe one of you can figure this one out, cause its stumping me. Trying to open the folder with windows brings up: "ERROR C DRIVE IS NOT FORMATED. DO YOU WISH TO FORMAT IT NOW?" yes/no. With internet explorer/firefox opening folder freezes up the program, with explorer i cant open either, basically this is the mystery folder now. Properties claims the folder has 0bytes of info in it. So i go to add remove programs and click remove and it just locks up. Any idea what the hell is happening here? Im prolly just gonna format sicne this pissed me off.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:01 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Have you tried attacking it from the dos prompt?
Old 05-29-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
Asmodious

Hmmm.. possibly a malware or virus type program might be preventing you from deleting it? Can you manually enter the folder and delete small portions of it at a time?
Asmodious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 06:04 PM   #4
aganitte

Do you have two hard drives? Is drive C: the one your Windows is on? If so, it smells like serious malware.

If the folder is on a different hard drive than the OS, there's a chance the hard drive is in fat32 format or some such, and your main OS is in NTFS format. and hence your 'folder' is unreadable.

Don't mess with 'add remove programs' because a folder is not a program.
aganitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
korast

it was a game i bought off the shelf. if it was serious malware im seriously confused. I nuked my computer and just formated though. Its always nice to notice how gdamn huge the difference in speed is between a fresh xp install and a two + year old one is.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote