Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #51
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You haven't proven Romney's "non-relatable status" whatsoever. You just parroted some DNC talking points. Most of which can be reflected right back to Obama. Why? Because you made such general assertions that they can be equally attributed to O. Just change the color of the skin in question, and you could very well have used the exact same sentence in regard to Obama.

Try a little harder next time, mmmmkay?



And do you understand the context? Apparently not, so I'll use small words.

He was asked about strategy to gain votes. He said that 47% won't vote for him no matter what, so he's not concerned with them.

Wow.... what a fucking racist shitbag!

Or maybe you need to get some more sleep, bud. You're spouting off based on something you heard while masturbating to videos of Janene Garafolo or something.

Umm he DID say that, but he also said they considered themselves victims and that they were entitled to health care, etc.

Stop sucking that dong so hard. He said what he said. You are really straining to spin on this one. Yes, there are people that will vote for Obama... but nice try at just trying to ignore his little rant against them. He let it slip, and got caught. It is costing him. Big. The worst part is that he was at least careful not to just say "negros" or "blacks".... that would have been more acceptable to his base... but not distinguishing the elderly and veterans, etc. That is a problem. Lumping those people in with blacks will piss them off just as much as being called victims. Oops!
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 AM   #52
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Why vote for Obama over Romney? To offset the extremist GOP in the House, produce as much gridlock as possible,

Hopefully the sequester will happen, massive cuts across the board-
The problem is, that in four years Obama had dug us so ass deep in debt and is piling more on we cannot afford gridlock we need reform and Obama has shown he is incapable of it.

Oh and you last sentence, still sold on HOPE and CHANGE are ya? I hope your one issue is worth wanting to send your nation in the crapper.
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #53
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Lith Ahntalon View Post
The problem is, that in four years Obama had dug us so ass deep in debt and is piling more on we cannot afford gridlock we need reform and Obama has shown he is incapable of it.

Oh and you last sentence, still sold on HOPE and CHANGE are ya? I hope your one issue is worth wanting to send your nation in the crapper.
Yeah, because the GOP controlled government did such a great job at getting us on this path of destruction. Neither party is able to be trusted.

So yes, hope.. but not for change. Hope that nothing can be done, that cuts will happen, and that no more big changes can get through. Nothing good comes from either party. They are both outrageous spenders. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool that hasn't been paying attention. There is no longer a party of small government and fiscal conservatism. There is only re-distribution of wealth and giveaways, and consolidation of wealth and kickbacks. There is no good side to this coin. "There is evil, ever around fundamental- sister of government quite incidental"... quite true.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #54
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You haven't proven Romney's "non-relatable status" whatsoever. You just parroted some DNC talking points. Most of which can be reflected right back to Obama. Why? Because you made such general assertions that they can be equally attributed to O. Just change the color of the skin in question, and you could very well have used the exact same sentence in regard to Obama.

Try a little harder next time, mmmmkay?
As I already stated, I don't know the DNC talking points, my opinion is my own. As such, I don't have to prove shit to anybody, even though I have given one of my reasons. And like I've already said, just because something could be attributable to Obama, doesn't make it not attributable to Romney. Try to keep up.

Edit: And just for the record (again): I DON'T LIKE OBAMA!
Originally Posted by Drysdale
And do you understand the context? Apparently not, so I'll use small words.

He was asked about strategy to gain votes. He said that 47% won't vote for him no matter what, so he's not concerned with them.

Wow.... what a fucking racist shitbag!

Or maybe you need to get some more sleep, bud. You're spouting off based on something you heard while masturbating to videos of Janene Garafolo or something.
First of all, I never called him a racist; Beal is the one who brought race into the discussion. Second, he did indeed say that the 47% saw themselves as victims. It's one thing to not be worried about their votes, but it's quite another to call almost half the people freeloaders. Now spin, DJ, spin! Tell me which context to use so that it doesn't make Romney look as if he's looking down his nose at 47% of Americans.

For someone who allegedly doesn't like Romney, you sure are sucking his dick pretty hard.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Wildane; 09-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #55
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
LOL:

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...debate-stakes/


Lowering expectations... probably a good idea.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #56
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post

For someone who allegedly doesn't like Romney, you sure are sucking his dick pretty hard.
Which is strange... because he's sucking Romney's dick... he's accusing others of sucking Obama's dick... but lots of us like Ron Paul... where's his dick?
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #57
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Which is strange... because he's sucking Romney's dick... he's accusing others of sucking Obama's dick... but lots of us like Ron Paul... where's his dick?
The GOP is much too scared of Ron Paul's dick. More than anyone, Paul threatens the status quo (which is something we could use), so they just shove him off in a corner somewhere. It is only because of his fans that he has been in the news as much as he has. This is what puzzled me so much about him not wanting to run as anything other than a Republican. His loyalty to the GOP is a one-way street, off which he should have turned by now.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #58
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
http://www.seattlepi.com/news/articl...ry-3902153.php

Oh good, Romney is starting to learn what's going on... and as he finds out is less and less different than Obama. *Surprise*

I just saw this story about Bob Dole:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...b91_story.html

He is a good man. Such a shame the GOP isn't running men like this anymore. During the election, I was too young to vote- but I wanted Dole to win.

Last edited by Pinkheart; 09-28-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #59
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Yeah, because the GOP controlled government did such a great job at getting us on this path of destruction. Neither party is able to be trusted.

So yes, hope.. but not for change. Hope that nothing can be done, that cuts will happen, and that no more big changes can get through. Nothing good comes from either party. They are both outrageous spenders. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool that hasn't been paying attention. There is no longer a party of small government and fiscal conservatism. There is only re-distribution of wealth and giveaways, and consolidation of wealth and kickbacks. There is no good side to this coin. "There is evil, ever around fundamental- sister of government quite incidental"... quite true.
Soooo... you would rather go with the party that digs the finacial hole faster without giving the other one even a chance, gotcha.
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #60
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Yeah, because if you say something bad about Romney, you have to do the same to Obama, or I'm going to make with the pouty face.
You compared Romney to Obama. You. I responded to you, when you claimed that Romney would be worse that Obama. Get it yet? I'm guessing not. This is obviously too difficult for you to follow.

How many more times do I have to remind you of your own argument, Wildane?

This is what you wrote:
"This would worry me more if I didn't think Romney's relations with foreign dignitaries would be much more abysmal. The guy just can't relate to anyone that's not Christian, conservative and wealthy."

You seem to believe that you were only bashing Romney, without commenting on Obama. For the umpteenth time, you did comment on Obama because you compared him to Romney. You wrote that Romney would be much more abysmal (in foreign policy) than Obama. See that? That's a comparison that you made. The only way for me to challenge your comparison is to make my own comparison.

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you try defending your argument for once? How about that?

Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Saying Obama is worse at something isn't the same as saying Romney is better.
That is exactly what it means. If A is better than B, B is worse than A. That's pretty much how logic works, Wildane.

What you mean to write is: "Saying Obama is bad at something isn't the same as saying Romney is better." See the underlined word? Being bad does not create a comparison. Being worse does draw a comparison. You didn't just write that Romney would be bad. You wrote that he would be worse.

You're still confused, aren't you?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #61
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Lith Ahntalon View Post
Soooo... you would rather go with the party that digs the finacial hole faster without giving the other one even a chance, gotcha.
You mean ANOTHER chance.

.. and no- I would rather no one get anything done than either party get something done.

Digs the hole faster. Hah!

They are both full steam ahead on digging that hole. The GOP set the spending bar pretty damn high. Obama met the challenge, sure. But pretending nothing happened and the GOP hasn't "gotten a chance" is hilarious.

They have both failed. If the Dems had the House, I would prefer Romney. Between Obama and Romney I think Obama is a better speaker. That is really all I am interested in the President doing. Talking. No more single party government screwing things up.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #62
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
As I already stated, I don't know the DNC talking points, my opinion is my own.
Suuuuuuure it is you little DNC monkey-boy...

For someone who allegedly doesn't like Romney, you sure are sucking his dick pretty hard.
It's like the attacks on Bush: If you attack him for things he actually DID, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Instead, you're just acting like a prole.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #63
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
You mean ANOTHER chance.
Between 1950 and 2010, the House of Representatives the Democrats have been the majority for about 46 of the last 60 years. The Senate has been controlled by the Democrats for about 40 of those 60 years. The Democrats have controlled at least one or the other of the 2 branches over 50 of the 60 years. The Democrats have controlled both Houses from 2007 to 2010, and have had the Presidency since 2008.

Yeah, they've had SO many chances...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #64
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Beal View Post
You're still confused, aren't you?
And you're still arguing semantics. I guess that's more important than telling me how Romney is relatable. "Yeah, let's just talk about Wild's poor communication skills since I can't actually contradict his assertion."
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Suuuuuuure it is you little DNC monkey-boy
Really? That's all you have? An unsubstantiated claim that you pass off as fact (with indignation even!)? I mean, I guess you're used to doing that, since you hate science (which requires evidence), but even if it were true, that's not much of an insult.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
It's like the attacks on Bush: If you attack him for things he actually DID, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Instead, you're just acting like a prole.
Where have I attacked Romney for something he didn't do? I shared my opinion of Romney, which isn't something I'm obligated to justify, and so far I haven't seen any contradictory evidence from either of you.

Can neither of you provide me with any substance? You both just sit there and tell me I'm wrong, but you fail to tell me why I'm wrong. I'm usually a pretty open-minded guy, but it's going to take more than browbeating to change it.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #65
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Between 1950 and 2010, the House of Representatives the Democrats have been the majority for about 46 of the last 60 years. The Senate has been controlled by the Democrats for about 40 of those 60 years. The Democrats have controlled at least one or the other of the 2 branches over 50 of the 60 years. The Democrats have controlled both Houses from 2007 to 2010, and have had the Presidency since 2008.

Yeah, they've had SO many chances...
The current GOP has a lot more in common with the 2008 party than the 1950 party.

So yes, they have had a chance. Both parties have changed substantially over the years, so pointing out historical control back to the 50s seems rather pointless. If they had actually changed and not just gone further radical, I might be inclined to agree that a chance for a new way of doing things was called for, but that is unfortunately not the case.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #66
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And you're still arguing semantics. I guess that's more important than telling me how Romney is relatable. "Yeah, let's just talk about Wild's poor communication skills since I can't actually contradict his assertion.
If B is worse than A, then A is better than B. That isn't semantics, Wildane, it's logic.

This is how this conversation has gone:
You: "B is worse than A."
Me: "No it isn't. B is better than A."
You: "Why are you comparing the two? We can't we just talk about B? Why do you think I am such a big supporter of A? I don't care about A. This conversation is only about B. Blah, blah, blah."

You won't defend your argument, Wildane. You just prefer to pretend you never made it and attack me for having the audacity to make a counter argument. That is a deal breaker, Wildane. It is impossible to get in to a meaningful discussion with someone who is just going to keep revising what his argument was, accusing the other party of going off topic, and berating the other party for building strawmen.

So no, I won't let it go. This kind of bullshit is why I don't bother with Pinkheart anymore. Defend your original argument, concede you were wrong on your original argument, or even just drop the subject if you feel the other party is being irrational or the topic bores you, but fuck you when you pull bullshit like this.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:43 PM   #67
furo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,740
What ever happened to the good ol days when I could kick back, raid the ele planes and Uqua, all the while watching the Dems get swift boated to death?
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #68
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
The current GOP has a lot more in common with the 2008 party than the 1950 party.

So yes, they have had a chance. Both parties have changed substantially over the years, so pointing out historical control back to the 50s seems rather pointless. If they had actually changed and not just gone further radical, I might be inclined to agree that a chance for a new way of doing things was called for, but that is unfortunately not the case.
The current GOP has more in common with the DNC of 1950 than anything else.

Gives a real perspective on where the current DNC has gone.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #69
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And you're still arguing semantics. I guess that's more important than telling me how Romney is relatable. "Yeah, let's just talk about Wild's poor communication skills since I can't actually contradict his assertion."Really? That's all you have? An unsubstantiated claim that you pass off as fact (with indignation even!)? I mean, I guess you're used to doing that, since you hate science (which requires evidence), but even if it were true, that's not much of an insult.Where have I attacked Romney for something he didn't do? I shared my opinion of Romney, which isn't something I'm obligated to justify, and so far I haven't seen any contradictory evidence from either of you.

Can neither of you provide me with any substance? You both just sit there and tell me I'm wrong, but you fail to tell me why I'm wrong. I'm usually a pretty open-minded guy, but it's going to take more than browbeating to change it.
Your righteous indignation is so cute!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 PM   #70
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
yah know


You guys are fucked. doesn't matter which one of those two you put in power. they are both the incorrect person.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #71
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Your righteous indignation is so cute!
Your lack of substance is so expected!
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #72
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Beal View Post
If B is worse than A, then A is better than B. That isn't semantics, Wildane, it's logic.

This is how this conversation has gone:
You: "B is worse than A."
Me: "No it isn't. B is better than A."
You: "Why are you comparing the two? We can't we just talk about B? Why do you think I am such a big supporter of A? I don't care about A. This conversation is only about B. Blah, blah, blah."

You won't defend your argument, Wildane. You just prefer to pretend you never made it and attack me for having the audacity to make a counter argument. That is a deal breaker, Wildane. It is impossible to get in to a meaningful discussion with someone who is just going to keep revising what his argument was, accusing the other party of going off topic, and berating the other party for building strawmen.
You haven't made a counter argument. My original assertion was that Romney isn't relatable to those outside his demographic. That has been the focal point of my argument. The notion that I believe he's better or worse than Obama is subjective; it's not something I can ever prove, so why bother? I've given my reason (that he's completely disregarded 47% of the population, and it's not exactly the first time he's ignored the poor), but any "evidence" required to "prove" he's better or worse would be purely anecdotal. Apparently this doesn't go without saying.
Originally Posted by Beal
So no, I won't let it go. This kind of bullshit is why I don't bother with Pinkheart anymore. Defend your original argument, concede you were wrong on your original argument, or even just drop the subject if you feel the other party is being irrational or the topic bores you, but fuck you when you pull bullshit like this.
Wow, you should really learn to pick your battles. You're getting pretty worked up over your misunderstanding. If you can't learn to let things like this go, I'd hate to see you when you encounter a real problem.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:07 AM   #73
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
The current GOP has more in common with the DNC of 1950 than anything else.

Gives a real perspective on where the current DNC has gone.
Such as what? Social equality? Yeah, sad that it is still required.

I looked at :

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29600

and those are a little dated, but not terrible. We still have the nuclear issue, but with a different country. Other than that... it's just a little sad that we are still fighting a lot of the same battles.

Of course, the current GOP extremists want to re-fight a lot of battles the country has already moved past.... instead of focusing on the economy, they have wasted time and resources in Congress with social issues while voting against legislation such as the bring jobs home act.

This campaign is going down in flames because they can't keep on message, the lunatic fringe keeps getting in the way with their uncontrolled hate and it looks like it might cost the GOP the White House.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #74
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Your lack of substance is so expected!
I'm just acting as a mirror. At this point, you aren't worth more than crass pot shots. If you were worth my time, I'd actually put some effort into this. As it stands, you're so far out in la la land that I'm just enjoying watching you whine like a bitch.

You're one step away from Chit level these days. Go get some sleep and maybe you'll eventually be worth my time.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #75
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Such as what? Social equality? Yeah, sad that it is still required.

I looked at :

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=29600

and those are a little dated, but not terrible. We still have the nuclear issue, but with a different country. Other than that... it's just a little sad that we are still fighting a lot of the same battles.

Of course, the current GOP extremists want to re-fight a lot of battles the country has already moved past.... instead of focusing on the economy, they have wasted time and resources in Congress with social issues while voting against legislation such as the bring jobs home act.

This campaign is going down in flames because they can't keep on message, the lunatic fringe keeps getting in the way with their uncontrolled hate and it looks like it might cost the GOP the White House.
I just love how you never talk about the Democratic extremists. It's hilarious how partisan you actually are. If we listened to you, we'd only think there were GOP extremists, and that the DNC was somehow normal & middle of the road.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.