Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
Abrucx

Default Natural Selection - Anyone play this?

Found this mod a few weeks ago, seems pretty cool. Lots of teamplay involved, and lots more strategy than in other FPS. Was wondering if anyone has played it or does atm?

If you are interested, and have Half-life, check it out at natural-selection.org
Old 01-26-2003, 01:18 AM   #2
Azraelwrath

My roommate has played it b4. Its like the movie aliens. I saw it and its fucking cool. Its a half life mod.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 01:53 AM   #3
Igota
Supporter

Yeah, I have played it alot. very very nice change from the usual kill as much as you can before you die type of FPS mod. Good stuff.
Igota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:26 AM   #4
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
was thinking about giving it a try.
Old 01-27-2003, 10:55 AM   #5
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Tried it last night. Didn't like. DOD and CS were much more fun than this.
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 03:41 PM   #6
Abrucx

NS is a refreshing change from CS. It's nice not having to worry about some AWM whore, that is most likely cheating, owning the entire team. And, no, I am not one of the whiners that likes to spam "omg u r teh suck use a real weapon" in games, I like using the awm (scout is my fav though), it is just unbalancing in the hands of a skilled person, or in the hands of the evil, evil cheaters!

CS is fun, NS is fun. I think comparing them though isn't good, since they are really very different mods, in terms of gameplay.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #7
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Fair enough, Abrucx. It IS different from any other HL mod out there. Didn't play too long. But it looks like there is a lot of evolving and ugrading..

I don't like these indoor arenas (unreal tournament, quake) and all the maps I played seem to be. Know if any are outdoors, Abrucx?
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:04 PM   #8
Abrucx

Nah, all the official ones I've seen are indoors. Some are less dark and closed in than others, but none are outdoors.

As to evolving and upgrading, yah, that is why I like it so much. Aliens, especially, have a lot of customizability to them. Can choose to be stealth or just ass kicker or an assistance role. Marines, while not as diverse, get a wide arsenal. Combined with jetpacks and heavy armor, you can take on many roles as well, like hit and fall back with a jetpack and whatever weapon you like, or full assault with heavy armor and HMG/Gren Launchers. Nothing worse than 4 marines traveling as a team with HMG and Grens, combined with jetpackers assaulting from the sky. Of course, nothing worse than 4 Onos too :P

Anyways, cool game, anyone reading make sure to try if you can (give it some time too, being a different type of mod, it takes a little time to get used to and get to try all the features).
Old 01-27-2003, 05:26 PM   #9
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
It's nice not having to worry about some AWM whore, that is most likely cheating, owning the entire team.
What, cant kill a cheater? And I do belive its awp...What servers are you playing on anyways? I've had to worry about a cheater 4 times since I started CS a year ago.

I played NS...it's just not any good. As for the maps being dark, depending on your monitor/video card you can just up your brightness and never see a dark corner. Dont think I'll be playing it again.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:10 PM   #10
Cookoo

sorry i'm confused but does awm=awp?
Cookoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:37 PM   #11
CrypteXY
Banned User

Cant think of what else it could be.

/shrug
Old 01-27-2003, 08:13 PM   #12
Igota
Supporter

AWM and AWP are the same. It is the Artic Warfare Magnum (AWM) I don't really remember why it was called the AWP, I just know I have been calling it that since beta 3
Igota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:58 PM   #13
Abrucx

Been playing cs for 2 years now, on and off between EQ breaks, and I've run across plenty of cheaters. I can kill them perfectly fine, unless they are being really obvious about it and using scout/ak/awm to get all headshots, then it can be a pain. As to why NS is no good, please elaborate. They are constantly upgrading and tuning the game, so something you may not like wille be adjusted later on.

Artic Warfare Magnum = AWM = AWP. It was called AWP in earlier versions, I beleive.
Old 01-27-2003, 11:20 PM   #14
cnjmorris

Default oh, its a game?

I play "natural selection" every time I get in my car and get on the roads with total morons.

So far I have done pretty well....
cnjmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 11:50 PM   #15
Azraelwrath

LOL Cnjmorris
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:33 AM   #16
CrypteXY
Banned User

I cant really explain it. I enjoyed it at first, but thats just the new factor. Played for 2 hours and just got bored after. Havent been able to bring myself to play again.

I'll try and explain more after work.