Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
Karthanon

Default Happy New Year, you dwindling bastards!

I know it isn't a new year yet, but this board is still on my Morning Coffee list, of all things. Might as well drop a message.

Still playing EQ, working IT in a telecom in Canada, and dealing with 14 and 10 year old daughters is making me lose my hair. Other than that, things are okay, I suppose.

Hope y'all have a good 2017!

Karthanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Neither of your daughters existed when this community was in its prime, and now they're reaching the age range that gives you heart attacks on a daily basis.

And even with all that time passed, this site's still a habitual check. Crazy how this game/community has such a hook in some of us, even long after moving on.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:57 PM   #3
Misty
Do Not Disturb

*Happy New Year!

I'm building inventory for huntin' and killin' Sambar ..with a compound bow.

Got my backpack, 3 season tent, forest directions and actual eyeball of my highway exit. A car jumping stag is a positive sign that there are deer around (that cost me a new windscreen, the deer is paying).

Got the game stalking licence, a compass, bow, arrows, back quiver (boggsleather), broadhead bladed arrow heads, fletching jig, bow press, arrow rest, bow sight, arrow release aid, hunting knife... long list of inventory stretching out toward the horizon like a Star Wars movie opening scene.

I'm getting it together. I'm feeling pumped. Those bastard deer are paying for the disdain and ignorance of my effort.

There's some d.i.y. Crafting projects I'm thinking about for hiking into more remote country.

The compound bow is a tight squeeze for the eberlestock tactical rifle/bow scabbard. But I'd prefer walking in with my hands free. So a custom-crafted tunnel-fit tactical pack scabbard is on the cards.

I've seen wild dogs, deer, foxes, rabbits, feral cats, wombats, lyrebirds, wallabies and kangaroos. I know there are definitely deer where I'm plannjng to hunt because one stood in the middle of the road in front of me, and jumped my car. Smashed a new windscreen.

My greyhound is staying home.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 02-19-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

Happy New Years everyone.

It's not quite a daily check for me anymore but a couple of times per week I'll drop by here.

Looking forward to doing some more travelling in March/April. Doing something a bit more "normal" this time. London, Amsterdam and Paris. Cuz ya know there's never been any terror attacks there.

Last year we had an amazing trip to Egypt (Cairo, Aswan and Luxor), Jordan (Petra and Wadi Rum) and then a cruise through the Suez Canal (yawn, dunno what I was really expecting for that) visiting various Greek Islands on our way to Athens. Then another short stay in Istanbul on the way home. I can now strike Egypt and Greece off my bucket list. Always wanted to go there after taking classes in ancient history in high school. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Other than that, life is life, work is work. Not gaming quite as much as I used to but still hanging out in WoW mostly with more breaks to check some other games here and there.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #5
zzapp the witch

I've been with the guy I met in EQ2 for almost a decade now, and my oldest is almost 18. God, we're all old.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:09 PM   #6
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by zzapp the witch View Post
I've been with the guy I met in EQ2 for almost a decade now, and my oldest is almost 18. God, we're all old.
Speak for yourself, old woman! I'm eternal, dammit! (Been married 7 years now, and happy as a clam by the way!)
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Other than that, life is life, work is work. Not gaming quite as much as I used to but still hanging out in WoW mostly with more breaks to check some other games here and there.

Glad you're still around and glad you're having fun. We went to BC last summer and had a blast. Will probably hit Newfoundland next summer (2018) and are going to Colorado this summer with the family.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote