Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2003, 12:30 AM   #26
Kemora

Send a message via AIM to Kemora
I'm really enjoying Frozen Throne myself.

AIM: Kemorakementari
Kemora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:09 AM   #27
Ancientwalker

Send a message via ICQ to Ancientwalker Send a message via MSN to Ancientwalker
The ladder bit actually does sound nice, may have to dust off D2 after the patch (if it really does stop all the hacks).

The reason Blizzard waited so long to patch hacks is because of what they said. They most likely want to make sure this patch will do it so they don't have to keep patching around all the hackers.

What you forget Slayne, is that d2 is not EQ. You can make a level 80 character in one weekend, from scratch, no hacks, no help. Without hardcore playing, I can make multiple level 80s in one weekend without joining random cow games. So starting over and what not is no big deal, it's probably the saving grace of the Diablo line of games. Being able to start a new class and have fun with it very quickly is the big selling point in those games, to me.

*edit*

After reading http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/chat/030619.shtml

You can see that blizzard does care about their players and products. Any company that puts a lot of effort, such as that into a free to play game (no monthly/yearly fee) is high in my books.

Last edited by Ancientwalker; 07-05-2003 at 09:19 AM.
Ancientwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:19 PM   #28
Atroxis Crotalus

loving Frozen throne right now, the additional units really balanced out what i felt were some of the weak area's of the different factions. some of the minor gameplay improvements made the biggest impression on me, like the ability to que upgrades like you can with unit creation, i LOVE that.
Atroxis Crotalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #29
Slayne

Send a message via AIM to Slayne
Ancient:
I understood that. I've played diablo myself, well the second one. I found it to contain to much hack and slash for my tastes. So my experience with it lasted about 2 days in 3-4 hour periods before I sold the whole thing to a friend.

Course, this was back when D2 first came out. Who knows how it may have changed over the course of time. But I'm a sucker for a good story and npc interaction. Both of which D2 didn't really provide.

Oh well, back on topic.

I'm enjoying Frozen Thrones. Getting my ass handed to me on one of the Undead Missions. Blah
Old 07-05-2003, 08:11 PM   #30
Metzen
United States Army EOD

Which undead mission? they seem hard O.o beat most of em though.... now I'm lookinfor someone to play on B.Net
Chaosmaster
60 Mage
Kargath
Metzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #31
Slayne

Believe its the 5th mission. Where you have to sneak in and destroy as much of the enemy before they wake up.

I've managed to sneak in and destroy all the main buildings(minus farms and towers) and the calvery guy for the humans, but after the time runs out. The undead just slaughter my main town and then head down to finish off the rest of me.

Blah.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:16 PM   #32
Tae Kwan Joe

Slayne, your other hero should have a scroll of town portal. Make sure you take control of the dwarven mortar teams (all 4 of them) and stomp out the humans. When the Dreadlord comes knocking at your door, portal back and kill him. When I played, he never resurrected after the first attack either.

This mission is no sweat compared to mission 8.
Tae Kwan Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #33
Slayne

Keep forgetting they even carry items. I normally just look long enough to see what their current stats are and forget about it.

I like to just chisel away at their defenses. Run in, smack shit around, then run away.

I'll check that out next time. Knocking out the humans was easy, was the aftermath that got me.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #34
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Im currently on the 3rd scourge mission
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 10:23 PM   #35
Laoke

Brought it, liked it a lot, still playing through the single player before I get my ass handed to me on a silver platter in Battle.Net and I swear never to play the game again.

RTS's are a real humility lesson for me : ) I suck at them.

Laoke
Laoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 12:57 AM   #36
Benalan Windsong

Send a message via AIM to Benalan Windsong
The undead one where u have to navagate the traps is a bitch...
Fironia Vie

Benalan Windsong
Level 65 Maestro
Erollisi Marr
<Retired>
Benalan Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 04:53 AM   #37
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
battle.net wouldnt be so bad if the assholes wouldnt talk shit as they hand me my ass...
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 10:59 AM   #38
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

Originally posted by Trech
battle.net wouldnt be so bad if the assholes wouldnt talk shit as they hand me my ass...
I hate those a-holes. I remember my men getting the shit kicked out of them in Starcraft all the while being told "purple, you suck!"
Valleycrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:07 AM   #39
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Haha welcome to pvp.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:31 AM   #40
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
single player story was entertaining. but way to short and easy, Just like warcraft 3 itself. I only lost twice I think, and both times it was because I went afk midmission and forgot about it
Old 07-07-2003, 12:21 PM   #41
Benalan Windsong

Send a message via AIM to Benalan Windsong
Snareguy02
US East
Fironia Vie

Benalan Windsong
Level 65 Maestro
Erollisi Marr
<Retired>
Benalan Windsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 03:04 PM   #42
Valleycrest
Defrocked Irish priest

Well, I picked up Warcraft III, (I have been a long time Starcraft enthusiast, so I wasn't too interested in WC3) and I got to tell ya, I hate the upkeep and the "Hero" BS, I have enough to worry about during a game then to see my harvesting reduced by 60% because I have too many men. The single player version is pretty easy, but the upkeep thing is annoying to me and takes some of the fun out of it. When is there going to be a Starcraft 2?
Valleycrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 04:08 PM   #43
Talloak

I am also a starcraft nut....

Did you catch the starcraft 2 hint at the end of WCIII credits(you won't get it if you use the level skip or insta-win cheat on the last mission)? If not, check it out.... also, in one of the night elf missions, forget which one (the one where you have to bring Tyrande to the base, not the first mission) if you use your bolt-throwers on the trees, a bit hidden from view is a Hydralisk that will join you when you bring a unit near it. Nice lvl 7 unit to pound the undead with.

Have fun and light that candle for SC 2!

skoal
Old 07-10-2003, 04:14 PM   #44
darue_ivywood

seen the credits after beating the game on mid level...but they were cut off before the StarCraft teaser came on.

said I had to beat it on hard...

so, rather than go through the entire game again on hard level setting, ...well to make the story short..the cheats worked so i could view the 'out-takes'.

i think it was like, " all your base belong to us" or something like that. Think Fori was the one that had mentioned it on these boards ages ago.
darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #45
Tae Kwan Joe

Originally posted by Valleycrest
Well, I picked up Warcraft III, (I have been a long time Starcraft enthusiast, so I wasn't too interested in WC3) and I got to tell ya, I hate the upkeep and the "Hero" BS, I have enough to worry about during a game then to see my harvesting reduced by 60% because I have too many men. The single player version is pretty easy, but the upkeep thing is annoying to me and takes some of the fun out of it. When is there going to be a Starcraft 2?
The goal for WC3, if I remember correctly, was to focus on smaller, more microable armies (hence the upkeep for large armies). In the Frozen Throne, the upkeep is raised to 50 for Low and 70 for High. I do agree that the game would have been better without the things you mentioned, but it's not really fair to say that it's not a good game as-is.

I'm just as eager to see Starcraft 2. They should keep mining just the way it was in SC1. No heroes, no upkeep. Yeah, that sounds nice.
Tae Kwan Joe is offline   Reply With Quote