Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2003, 05:34 AM   #1
Kerryn

Exclamation Warning. Gainward FX Ultra Cards

Further to an earlier thread in the General section I've been doing some research into Graphics cards on the net.

After a week or so I've spoken to people in Taiwan on the phone and by e-mail, and also to Gainward in Germany. Nobody in England seems to know anything about the exact technical specifications of the Gainward cards.

If you have purchased a Gainward Geforce FX ULTRA within the last 6 months please have a good look at your card. Gainward labelled many of their products "Ultra" as a brand name of Gainward.

This branding is not to be confused with nVidias ultra line which has heightened clock speeds. I'm finding that after several phone calls I'm actually having to tell a lot of distributors over here that they are unintentionally mislabelling their products.

5200 Ultra, 5600 Ultra, 5800 Ultra and 5900 Ultra will bear a symbol on the bottom left of the box which clearly says Ultra. There is a yellow or white sticker on the card which will also say ultra.

Ignore what the packaging says. If it does not bear this logo you have not been supplied the correct card.
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #2
Kerryn

Edit. Can anyone with any of the FX Ultra cards confirm whether it says "Ultra" in the Display Settings window?
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote