Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 05:41 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default Stimulus worked

We have added 151k jobs in October. That follows two straight months of adding jobs to the private sector. I should remind you that we were losing around 750k jobs a month when Bush left office. This is a turnaround and it happened because of the stimulus as there was no other effort made anywhere but the stimulus to boost jobs.
You can argue your little feeble ideologies all you want. But I have laid some facts out. Argue with those.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:55 AM   #2
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Yes, stimulus has worked so well that unemployment has gone from 7.6% when obama took office to 9.6% currently. And all for the low, low cost of a trillion dollars.

That said, I do expect to see business spending more now that we have a conservative house. Most businesses have been sitting on there money because they were petrified of what the goverment was going to do next. Expect jobs and economy to pick up over next 6 months as the "runaway spending" is curbed. America spoke loudly in the elections. If the obama admin doesn't listen, it's gonna be decades before we have another liberal goverment.
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
We have added 151k jobs in October. That follows two straight months of adding jobs to the private sector. I should remind you that we were losing around 750k jobs a month when Bush left office. This is a turnaround and it happened because of the stimulus as there was no other effort made anywhere but the stimulus to boost jobs.
You can argue your little feeble ideologies all you want. But I have laid some facts out. Argue with those.

We've added 151K jobs after losing 3 million. At this rate it'll be 2020 before we've recovered from the effects of the actions of the last 4 years of Democrats controlling Congress. Plus, the stimulus hasn't done shit to boost jobs. In fact, we probably would have recovered by now if businesses weren't scared shitless of the idiocy of the Democratic new new deal.

Whooo!

Welcome Back Bubbles! What's it like to see your wet-dreams going down the pipes because people are learning what a loser your hero is?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #4
bumbleroot

You guys are true idiots.
The car was speeding down the ditch when Obama took office. I suppose you expected the sheer fact of his election to stop the job losses. If you will look at the job activity since he was elected and since the stimulus went into effect, you will see an exact correlation to job creation once the stimulus took effect.
In fact, Obama has reversed the course of manufacturing job loss in this country.

The stimulus plan for the most part started in June of 2009. By that point the unemployment rate was already at 9.5%. This is the baseline that Bush left Obama with.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...%3Dinteractive

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2311303720100223

And I should remind everyone that THIS HAPPENED before the Republicans were even elected into office.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:58 AM   #5
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Good to hear there's no need to extend those unemployment benefits. I was kind of worried that cash might be cutting into my upcoming 2011 tax breaks.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:10 AM   #6
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
...all kinds of jobs being posted around here... for seasonal jobs.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

You guys are true idiots.
The car was speeding down the ditch when Obama took office.
You mean the car driven for the last 2 years by the Democrats who controlled Congress, the group who controls the purse strings? The group who ignored Bush's warnings for 8 years to reform Freddie & Fannie? That car?

Dumb AND butthurt... man you're just hilarious, boy-o!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #8
Drysdale
RSS Feed

And I'll admit the stimulus did exactly what Obama and crew wanted it to do. Grow government.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
The only jobs currently available in my area for an experienced tech/admin (bachelor's degree and over 10 years of work) that actually pay enough to afford a house are government contracts that want to send people to Afghanistan. The others're trying to pay $10/hour for standard tech, and some employers are willing to add $1/hour for every additional language beyond English that an applicant speaks fluently.

So for an IT guy trying to find employment here, you either have to settle for making less than half what you should be earning or agree to live in a warzone for 6-12 months (or longer, since some of those hazard pay jobs are labeled "career" positions).
Old 11-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Problem with IT is that all the jobs are going overseas. If gov wants to raise taxes, tax jobs sent overseas and put americans in the service type industries on even footing. The funny thing is, after a business sets up a shop overseas.. they end up spending more (at least for IT type shop) due to lack of training, and inability to do yuor work because of lag.
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X View Post
The only jobs currently available in my area for an experienced tech/admin (bachelor's degree and over 10 years of work) that actually pay enough to afford a house are government contracts that want to send people to Afghanistan. The others're trying to pay $10/hour for standard tech, and some employers are willing to add $1/hour for every additional language beyond English that an applicant speaks fluently.

So for an IT guy trying to find employment here, you either have to settle for making less than half what you should be earning or agree to live in a warzone for 6-12 months (or longer, since some of those hazard pay jobs are labeled "career" positions).
Desktop is paying around $17+/hr in Dallas. FYI.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Aolynd

Your Kung Fu is weak!

I beat you to this by seven months!

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37986&highlight=economy

Your predictability has made you such an easy target I don't even need to be there to slap you down. Just affix a fake hand to the wall and leave, comfortable in the knowledge that you will be dumb enough to walk into the hand seven month later.

I also like this btw:
there was no other effort made anywhere but the stimulus to boost jobs.
really? NO other effort...by anyone? Anywhere? You did specify that they were PRIVATE SECTOR jobs though right?
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:51 PM   #13
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:52 PM   #14
Drysdale
RSS Feed

You're slipping, Paffy.... You used this one already this week.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You're slipping, Paffy.... You used this one already this week.
Same ol' tired troll gets same ol' tired troll meme. He's not even interesting anymore.
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #16
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Pafuna View Post
Same ol' tired troll gets same ol' tired troll meme. He's not even interesting anymore.
Heh... point.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Paf still wins teh intraw3bz!

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Desktop is paying around $17+/hr in Dallas. FYI.
That's actually less than I was making at my old job, and it's a few hundred dollars less a month to rent a place here than in the D/FW area. They pay more than the other local openings, but they also cut positions because they can't afford them.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:47 PM   #19
bahlaal

My mother is an IT recruiter for the government and cant fill all her positions. She cant find properly educated Americans who can pass a security clearance. All the applicants are either foreign born, have dui, bankruptcy, terrible credit. She says literally only about 1 in 10 applicants that are qualified can actually pass the security screening.
bahlaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 AM   #20
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Originally Posted by bahlaal View Post
My mother is an IT recruiter for the government and cant fill all her positions. She cant find properly educated Americans who can pass a security clearance. All the applicants are either foreign born, have dui, bankruptcy, terrible credit. She says literally only about 1 in 10 applicants that are qualified can actually pass the security screening.
I call bullshit. I've applied to many fed tech jobs and never got a call. I have excellent credit and would pass a security clearance.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #21
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by bahlaal View Post
And the fact that your mother shared this much information with you is proof positive that there are those people WITH security clearance that shouldn't have it, regardless if she shared names or not. She shared private agency information with someone who is not in a position to know it.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #22
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
And the fact that your mother shared this much information with you is proof positive that there are those people WITH security clearance that shouldn't have it, regardless if she shared names or not. She shared private agency information with someone who is not in a position to know it.

None of that was ntk info. No security breach here.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote