Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #51
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

You do realize you're possibly the only person in the country other than the guy himself who is defending his actions, right?

His actions were inexcusably stupid- and I apologize for using this again so soon- but just stop it.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #52
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
You do realize you're possibly the only person in the country other than the guy himself who is defending his actions, right?

His actions were inexcusably stupid- and I apologize for using this again so soon- but just stop it.
Don't be sorry, Bob Newhart is teh funneh.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #53
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

I bet for the next election, candidates will be planting oppenent-supporting hippies in their own crowds so they can show them being stomped down in viral videos. "Fuck restoring sanity; Stomp a hippie!" is the wave of the future - at least until something better comes along (maybe spraying down a hobo with a fire extinguisher? Gotta keep innovating).
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #54
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Tell that to Bobby Kennedy.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:27 AM   #55
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Yes, this was totally the same thing

Seriously though, you're really going to vouch for the headstomping as some sort of assassination defense? That simple removal/restraint of the individual wasn't enough, that the headstomping was justifiable in order to keep your wittle Randypoo safe? What if he'd shot and killed her instead? Justifiable?
Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 AM   #56
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Yes, this was totally the same thing
At the time of the incident, they had no way of knowing whether or not it was the same thing.

Seriously though, you're really going to vouch for the headstomping as some sort of assassination defense? That simple removal/restraint of the individual wasn't enough, that the headstomping was justifiable in order to keep your wittle Randypoo safe? What if he'd shot and killed her instead? Justifiable?
How many times do I have to say this: (Lemme write it big. I guess you're a little slow on the uptake today)
She still shouldn't have been stomped, but again, if they guy was acting as security and was acting out of concern for Rand's life/health, he was right to restrain her.
http://www.erollisimarr.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=16

They didn't know what her intentions were, or what she was packing, now did they?

What if she'd shot and killed him instead?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #57
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
At the time of the incident, they had no way of knowing whether or not it was the same thing.
Wasn't she already on the ground and subdued at that time? Kinda hard to stomp them when they are standing up.

I don't think we're arguing that she shouldn't have been restrained. Stomping is not restraining.

You make your bold point: She still shouldn't have been stomped

Yet you're doing a piss poor job of supporting that statement.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #58
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

What a violent world it would really be if we were all justified to conduct ourselves as DD and the Paul ex-henchman seem to think we are.

"Hey, that lady is coming down the cereal aisle awfully quickly, God knows what she's hiding in her cart..."

*LEGSWEEP*
*HEELSTRIKE*
*SKULLSTOMP FINISHER!!*

"Yeah, but officer, Ole Mrs. Johnson could have presented a serious threat to my person. She can't just roll towards me like that!"

I guess I'm just glad I'm not as scared of the world as you seem to be sometimes. Sounds depressing, and I'm hardly a rosey-lensed optimist.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #59
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Wasn't she already on the ground and subdued at that time? Kinda hard to stomp them when they are standing up.

I don't think we're arguing that she shouldn't have been restrained. Stomping is not restraining.

You make your bold point: She still shouldn't have been stomped

Yet you're doing a piss poor job of supporting that statement.
I'm not defending the stomping. I'm defending the taking her down.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #60
Drysdale
RSS Feed

What a violent world it would really be if we were all justified to conduct ourselves as DD and the Paul ex-henchman seem to think we are.

"Hey, that lady is coming down the cereal aisle awfully quickly, God knows what she's hiding in her cart..."

*LEGSWEEP*
*HEELSTRIKE*
*SKULLSTOMP FINISHER!!*

"Yeah, but officer, Ole Mrs. Johnson could have presented a serious threat to my person. She can't just roll towards me like that!"

I guess I'm just glad I'm not as scared of the world as you seem to be sometimes. Sounds depressing, and I'm hardly a rosey-lensed optimist.
Yes, because going at a candidate is exactly like that.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #61
Davek
Squawk Box

I'm not defending the stomping. I'm defending the taking her down.
The implications of your talking "around" the issue is that you are defending everything the guy did when you're really on the same page as everyone else on this thread.

You're throwing out all this extra bullshit which makes it look like you think this guy should get off scott free.

If this were a hockey game, the guy should have gotten a roughing penalty while the chick got a diving/unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:40 AM   #62
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
You're throwing out all this extra bullshit which makes it look like you think this guy should get off scott free.
I don't have 1 single problem with him putting her on the ground. He was acting to protect someone from an unknown threat.

I don't like his stomping the woman, although he didn't stomp her head, she stomped her back. But that's semantics because he stomped HER. If he gets any time at all, it'll be because of this. Should he? Dunno, probably. But only for this, not for the actions leading up to this.

Clear enough?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #63
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Man, such a big issue! Yeah, this woman shouldn't have been stomped, so you won't see me crying should the guy get charged with assault. What's the new story beyond that? Well, there really isn't one, but hysteric America would have you believe his actions were indicative, if not encouraged, by the TEA Party. As this person was quickly released from service over this incident, we know it is not the case. But, that just won't do where our 24/7 news machine is concerned. You know, if the news reported as much truth as they did produce conspiracy, perhaps the American public wouldn't be so in the dark.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #64
Aolynd

Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
I bet for the next election, candidates will be planting oppenent-supporting hippies in their own crowds so they can show them being stomped down in viral videos. "Fuck restoring sanity; Stomp a hippie!" is the wave of the future - at least until something better comes along (maybe spraying down a hobo with a fire extinguisher? Gotta keep innovating).

You're probably kidding, but I am betting that in two years we'll see candidates giving the microphone to the most obnoxious of their opponents. "Get more shots of the crazy bitch calling me racist!"

There was some sabotage caught in 2008, but from what I saw it was way more widespread this year. Things like planning to go to tea party rallies waving racist signs to make the tea partiers look bad. Charges of "He spat on me!"(that one was just unfortunate...how was he to know anyone would check?) The recent Alaska reporters planning to go comb the crowd at a miller rally to find the one pedophile.

There's just going to be more and more of that on both sides. Manufactured "evidence" that the other side is up to no good.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:07 PM   #65
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Aol,

My response to the violence comment was really not directed at you. It was more a general statement of a pet peeve of mine because when I usually hear that or something along those lines it is from people that are happy to let me use "violence" on thier behalf and then just as happy to condemn me for using it. these same people spend inordinate amounts of time trying to reason with someone that is unreasonable, call the police and expect my presence to automatically make the person reasonable. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. When force is actually required to resolve the situation the first thing out of their mouth is "you did't have to do that" or " I didn't want that" or some similar turn of phrase and then they proceed to berate me or other officers even though they are relieved that the situation has been resolved. I have been doing my job for almost two decades now and am very patient and adroit at resolving problems without resorting to violence/force but, some people only understand one thing.

In the situation on the video violence/force was used to restain the female in question it just happened to be the appropriate amount until the man "stomped" her. From what I could see, she made and "agressive" move towards the candidate and was taken to the ground not all that forcfully and then when she was no longer a threat, she was "stomped" which is where the use of violence/force exceeded that which was rquired to restrain her.