Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Do I need a machine gun? No.
Point of clarification: He didn't use a machine gun. Although those are legally attainable, they're stupidly expensive. He used a semi automatic rifle chambered in the same caliber as an M-16.

That being said, I agree with the rest of your point.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #27
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
I'm sorry. I just don't believe these kinds of bans keep the weapons out of the hands of criminals and the criminally insane.
Of course not, because having fewer guns out there wouldn't diminish the number of guns available to criminals and the criminally insane, right? If that doesn't make sense, neither does your argument.
Originally Posted by Pinkheart
I think it stops law abiding citizens from getting these guns..but they aren't he problem. I think an insane person could just as easily make pipe bombs or devise any other number of ways of committing violence, including getting illegal weapons off the black market.
Well sure, if a few people can make dangerous weapons, why the hell NOT have them readily available? Oh, and why does a law-abiding citizen need this type of weapon again?
Originally Posted by Pinkheart
Do I need a machine gun? No. Does me not getting one stop criminals and insane people? I really don't think so.
Why not try it and find out? The UK seems to do great with no guns at all. All these assholes that say "Well, they'll just use other weapons" don't really make sense when you realize that people aren't mass-killing students in schools with knives. If you gun nuts aren't willing to make a few concessions, then that's where we could be heading.
Originally Posted by Pinkheart
I civilian center like a school or hospital is not going to have many guns, period... and so will almost always be fairly defensless against armed assault of any type.
So, you think teachers should be carrying? Are we going to require all our teachers be ninjas now, so they couldn't be disarmed easily? Yeah, put MORE guns in schools; that makes complete sense.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #28
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Define reasonable.

Define powerful.

You're talking like a moron here. You're spouting from sheer ignorance, and you don't even know how absolutely blithely ignorant you're coming across with this.
And you're coming off as an ignorant redneck who sees absolutely no correlation with guns and gun violence.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Ahh... "compromises". What is the other side giving up?
What other side?
Originally Posted by Drysdale
The fact that you just called a rifle a toy shows how absolutely pig ignorant you really are.
Third definition on dictionary.com calls a toy "something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious pratical use." An assault rifle is a toy the way a ski boat is a toy or a chopper is a toy, dumb ass. I haven't seen any of you gun nuts give me one practical use for having such a weapon.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
No, the best is that we could forget this stupid, dangerous line of thinking. People like you are the reason the murder rate is higher in Chicago than in Mexico City.
No, that would be the fault of the murderers, dumb ass.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Grow up boy. You're a sad little hoplophobe who doesn't understand the subject that he's spouting about. If you did, you'd shut the fuck up. But you don't, so the little sheeple bleats again:

Ohhhh! I'm scawed of the big black gun! Pwease Mr Pwesident! Save me fwom it!
Well, I knew it wouldn't be long before you were pulling things out of your ass. Congratulations, you certainly don't disappoint. Listen, Godboy, you're a bigger sheep than I ever could be, so it's really hypocritical of you to accuse anyone of blind allegiance (never mind the fact that I never mentioned Obama, dumb ass).
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Oh, and in your righteous pig ignorance, you've forgotten a true gem of wisdom:
No, I'm just tired of seeing it exploited by simpletons. Goddamn, I can't see your name without immediately thinking "DEY TERK ERR JERBS!"
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by Wildane; 12-19-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #29
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
The assault weapons ban was an embarrassingly idiot piece of legislation that deserved to disappear and not be spoken of again. Even IF you want to ban automatic or even semi automatic weapons, any sane reading would have to conclude that this legislation did nothing you want while being ignorant to the point of being sad.

It had little to do with banning any 'type' of weapon and more to do with banning weapons that look a certain way.



Then there's the really uncomfortable and embarrassing fact that there's not really any such thing as an assault weapon. That's not an actual type of weapon. It's a made up phrase designed to cover a number of oddly unrelated firearms that may have one or more obscure cosmetic similarities, not necessarily at all related to function, but mean sounding enough to get legislation passed so that come election time we can go on TV and say we got legislation passed.
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=assault+rifle
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #30
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And you're coming off as an ignorant redneck who sees absolutely no correlation with guns and gun violence.
You're coming off as a petulant child who only sees guns as scary things and doesn't understand the good they do.

What other side?
You need 2 sides for a compromise. And in a compromise, both give up something to meet somewhere in the middle. So if you don't even understand what the word compromise means, and that there are 2 sides involved in a compromise, you're a tool for calling for a compromise.

So do you want to reword your statement, or answer my question?

Third definition on dictionary.com calls a toy "something that serves for or as if for diversion, rather than for serious pratical use." An assault rifle is a toy the way a ski boat is a toy or a chopper is a toy, dumb ass.
Again, you have no concept of the usage of a semi automatic rifle.

The fact that you're calling it an "assault rifle" just goes to further illustrate your pig ignorance. Keep it up. You're absolutely making the biggest ass of yourself that you've ever accomplished. And for you, that's saying quite a lot.

I haven't seen any of you gun nuts give me one practical use for having such a weapon.
Which weapon is that?

No, that would be the fault of the murderers, dumb ass.
The murderers wouldn't be emboldened if they weren't enabled by little turds like you bleating for gun bans.

Well, I knew it wouldn't be long before you were pulling things out of your ass. Congratulations, you certainly don't disappoint. Listen, Godboy, you're a bigger sheep than I ever could be, so it's really hypocritical of you to accuse anyone of blind allegiance (never mind the fact that I never mentioned Obama, dumb ass).
Oh, so you didn't mention him, but you're parroting his talking points. Whoo! Such plausible deniablility!

No, I'm just tired of seeing it exploited by simpletons. Goddamn, I can't see your name without immediately thinking "DEY TERK ERR JERBS!"
This from the guy who

A> Doesn't know a thing about the differences between an AR-15 and a Mini 14
B> Can't tell me why he thinks a specific rifle is "powerful." Just that it is.
C> Doesn't know what an Assault Rifle actually is
D>Throws around the talking point weasel-word "reasonable" and can't actually define what he considers reasonable
E>Can't think of a use for s semi automatic rifle and blames others because he's not too bright

Yeah, you get to call other people simpletons... NOT.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:49 AM   #31
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
OThe UK seems to do great with no guns at all.
Wow... You shouldn't lob softballs like this, stupid. It's just too easy!

1993
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-soars-35.html
The Government's latest crime figures were condemned as "truly terrible" by the Tories today as it emerged that gun crime in England and Wales soared by 35% last year.
2007
http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/g...8/26/id/321524
Gun crimes in England have almost doubled since 1997, when a ban on firearms began.
According to the Sunday Times of London, crimes in which guns were used numbered 4,671 in 2005-06.
Also, government officials report that most gun crime is committed by children and teenagers under 18 years old.
David Davis, the shadow home secretary, told the Telegraph: "What this shows is that the majority of these crimes are committed by youngsters under 18.
"The government's policy has failed with the group most responsible for this increase in crime. It is long past time the Government stopped believing its own propaganda, and took measures to get a grip."

While in the US...
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/29/justic...ime/index.html
Violent crime in the United States fell for the fifth consecutive year in 2011 with murder, rape and robbery all going down, although crime remains a serious problem in many urban areas, the FBI said on Monday.



God, you're a tard.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 PM   #32
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And you're still an illiterate dumbfuck I see.

First line of the first link to show up on your smarmy ass search that you apparently couldn't even read yourself:

An assault rifle is a select-fire (either fully automatic or burst capable) rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine. It is not to be confused with assault weapons
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #33
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 988
Now, just in case someone who actually finished third grade ever wants to debate it, the point was that FOR LEGAL PURPOSES (which would be what retards like Wildane are campaigning for without even knowing what it means) it's a catch all phrase that leads to illogical laws, such as banning the first of the rifles Drysdale showed pictured, but not the second, for cosmetic reasons.

Or you can just continue spouting mindless dogma and wondering why O why the world doesn't just agree with you and let it all get better.



edit: to save the non retards the trouble of clicking his dumbass link...its a google search for assault rifle, which is not the same as the descriptions used in the assault weapons ban (ACTUAL legislation under discussion). Assault rifle itself is also slang, his little google search reveals a wikipedia article which describes it as a rifle with an intermediate shell and a detachable cartridge, which includes such ganglang terror machines as the 1870's mauser classic

The Assault weapons ban had similar troubles dealing with the slang, defining it by nuances such as any semiautomatic rifle with a detachable magazine and at least two of the following five items: a folding or telescopic stock; a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a bayonet mount; a flash suppressor or threaded barrel.

But the phase has a nice kick to it and appeals to brain dead morons like Wildane who don't ask any questions, but just latch onto the phrase like it's a magic spell to save the world.

Last edited by Aolynd; 12-19-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #34
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
And you're still an illiterate dumbfuck I see.

First line of the first link to show up on your smarmy ass search that you apparently couldn't even read yourself:
It was a joke. For some reason, I thought you had stopped being a humorless cunt. I guess playing semantics between assault rifle and assault weapon should have clued me in. Although, I think I'd rather be a dumb fuck than a douche nozzle.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #35
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 988
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
It was a joke. For some reason, I thought you had stopped being a humorless cunt. I guess playing semantics between assault rifle and assault weapon should have clued me in. Although, I think I'd rather be a dumb fuck than a douche nozzle.

Don't sell yourself short. You've gone for both.

It was an attempt to be smarmy and it failed. Pretend otherwise if it makes you feel less like a dumbass. It's easier than actually taking 5 minutes to actually learn something about a topic before mouthing off sarcastically about it.

By the way, the original comment was relevant because the attempts to legislate have been toothless precisely BECAUSE of the semantics: You cannot ban a slang term because there's no clear consensus on what the term even means.

telling me to google it (aside from not actually being a a good joke) just means that once again you failed to understand what you read before responding to it.

It's what makes debating you on anything pointless. It's like having this debate with my mothers poodle. He wont understand what I say either, but he'll continue barking as long as we want to play.

Last edited by Aolynd; 12-19-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You're coming off as a petulant child who only sees guns as scary things and doesn't understand the good they do.
Did I not imply that Drysdale would accuse me of hating all guns in my first post?
Originally Posted by Drysdale
You need 2 sides for a compromise. And in a compromise, both give up something to meet somewhere in the middle. So if you don't even understand what the word compromise means, and that there are 2 sides involved in a compromise, you're a tool for calling for a compromise.

So do you want to reword your statement, or answer my question?
Neither. The compromise is among us all. We all give up something in hopes of creating a better world. Being a part of a society means you don't get to have everything you want. Go live in the hills if you want that kind of freedom, and don't forget to expatriate yourself.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Again, you have no concept of the usage of a semi automatic rifle.

The fact that you're calling it an "assault rifle" just goes to further illustrate your pig ignorance. Keep it up. You're absolutely making the biggest ass of yourself that you've ever accomplished. And for you, that's saying quite a lot.
OK, one of you is lying, because this says the AR-15 is an assault rifle.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Which weapon is that?
That would be the .44 Obtuse Hillbilly.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
The murderers wouldn't be emboldened if they weren't enabled by little turds like you bleating for gun bans.
There you go again. Am I prophetic or what? I'm perfectly OK with pistols (revolvers and semi-autos), hunting rifles and shotguns, but it doesn't take a genius to conclude that ordinary citizens do not need access to the equivalent of an M-16. But hey, keep calling me the tard while your arguments exude from your rectum.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Oh, so you didn't mention him, but you're parroting his talking points. Whoo! Such plausible deniablility!
I don't even know his talking points, dumb ass.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
This from the guy who

A> Doesn't know a thing about the differences between an AR-15 and a Mini 14
Sue me. Can you tell me the difference between a Super Glide and a Low Rider without looking it up? Then I guess we're both dumb asses.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
B> Can't tell me why he thinks a specific rifle is "powerful." Just that it is.
I do not recall being asked to provide specifics, but since I can't stand to hear whining, here you go: anything that holds more than a dozen rounds in a magazine that can be quickly replaced and fired in rapid succession.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
C> Doesn't know what an Assault Rifle actually is
Yes I do.
Originally Posted by Drysdale
D>Throws around the talking point weasel-word "reasonable" and can't actually define what he considers reasonable
See, that's the magic of that word: I shouldn't have to explain what is reasonable. lulz
Originally Posted by Drysdale
E>Can't think of a use for s semi automatic rifle and blames others because he's not too bright
And I still haven't gotten one from you smart fellers. How else can I learn?
Originally Posted by Drysdale
Yeah, you get to call other people simpletons... NOT.
In point of fact, I already did. Simpleton. See, I did it again.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #37
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
It was an attempt to be smarmy and it failed. Pretend otherwise if it makes you feel less like a dumbass.
Oh no, I've been busted. I should have known better than to mess with you clever people. I forget there is a possible upside to being a humorless cunt.

Curse you meddling kids! I'd have gotten away with it if it weren't for your wacky antics!
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Guess I will weigh in on this with a few thoughts.

My brother owns an AR-15. It is a nice rifle which happens to shoot a .223 cal round that that puts a quarter of the lead downrange that my PD issued Glock 21 (.45 auto) pistol does. With that said, that same .223 round will penetrate my Type IIIA ballistic vest like a hot knife through butter. My .45 auto pistol will not but, most deer rifles and varmint rifles will also penetrate my vest. Most deer rifles and some varmint rifles are more "powerful" than an .223 cal round in terms of weight of bullets, velocity, range and delivered kinetic energy. I really do not see a big deal with private ownership of semi auto "assault rifles" like an AR-15 and the government rightfully heavily regulates full auto weapons.

I am all for the legal ownership of firearms like an AR-15, it does not matter if there is "need" for said rifle, there is no "need" for speedboats, privately owned aircraft, sports cars, etc. Why should something protected under a Constitutional Amendment be prohibited? What is it that makes an AR-15 worthy of banning over say my .257 Roberts, my .270, my brother's Government 45-70 or a .22 cal semi auto you probably pick up at any Wal Mart.

I also find it interesting on that same day a Chinese man attacked 22 students and a teacher with a knife in a primary school in China.

Oh and leave it to Texas

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12...ers-carry.html
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #39
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
In other news, terroist caught at airport!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUHvpszbilc
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #40
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
Wow I didn't think it could get fired out that hard.. clothes and whatnot..
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #41
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
It was a joke.
Isn't everything you post?
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #42
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Did I not imply that Drysdale would accuse me of hating all guns in my first post?
If the shoe fits...

Neither.

The compromise is among us all. We all give up something in hopes of creating a better world. Being a part of a society means you don't get to have everything you want. Go live in the hills if you want that kind of freedom, and don't forget to expatriate yourself.
And what are you giving up? So far, you're saying it's your way or the highway. That's not exactly a compromise. But I wouldn't expect you to actually... y'know.... use a word properly.

OK, one of you is lying, because this says the AR-15 is an assault rifle.
Wow... that's all you've got?

That would be the .44 Obtuse Hillbilly.
Says the obtuse hillbilly...

There you go again. Am I prophetic or what? I'm perfectly OK with pistols (revolvers and semi-autos), hunting rifles and shotguns, but it doesn't take a genius to conclude that ordinary citizens do not need access to the equivalent of an M-16.
Ahh... so you admit you aren't a genius. Good boy. Now you just need to admit you're a fucking moron who really shouldn't open his piehole when his betters are speaking and we'll be getting somewhere.

But hey, keep calling me the tard while your arguments exude from your rectum.
I know you're looking right up my brown eye, but seriously, you need to learn that all you'll get from there is another brown shower. I know that turns you on, but stick with the points.

I don't even know his talking points, dumb ass.
Yet you parrot them so perfectly. Sorry, you're lying worse than Chit right here, boy.

Sue me. Can you tell me the difference between a Super Glide and a Low Rider without looking it up?
No, but I'm not calling for the banning of either of them because I know that I don't know the difference. I'm not stupid enough to speak when I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Then I guess we're both dumb asses.
No, you're by yourself.
I do not recall being asked to provide specifics, but since I can't stand to hear whining, here you go: anything that holds more than a dozen rounds in a magazine that can be quickly replaced and fired in rapid succession.
Fail.

Yes I do.
No you don't.

See, that's the magic of that word: I shouldn't have to explain what is reasonable.
I find it reasonable that a law be passes that you have a large dildo rammed up your ass and programmed to squirt Tabasco sauce into your anal cavity once every 6 hours.

Of course you have to explain what is reasonable. What's reasonable for a pathetic little sheep-bitch who's bleating along waiting to be ass raped is completely different that what's reasonable for a citizen of this country who's been raised on self reliance and actual American traditions. Hell, even Support is more American than you, and he's fucking Canadian. (That was meant as a compliment Support.)

lulzAnd I still haven't gotten one from you smart fellers. How else can I learn?
Apparently you can't. You aren't a genius after all, and I'm sure you'll someday realize that you're a fucking moron and finally admit it. Then you can get on with your retarded, barren existence.

In point of fact, I already did. Simpleton. See, I did it again.
Wow. Another word you don't know how to properly use. Keep dancing, though monkey. It's funny to see you totally bitch slapped like this.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:35 AM   #43
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Lith Ahntalon View Post
I am all for the legal ownership of firearms like an AR-15, it does not matter if there is "need" for said rifle, there is no "need" for speedboats, privately owned aircraft, sports cars, etc. Why should something protected under a Constitutional Amendment be prohibited? What is it that makes an AR-15 worthy of banning over say my .257 Roberts, my .270, my brother's Government 45-70 or a .22 cal semi auto you probably pick up at any Wal Mart.
It scares Wildane and makes him wet his pants. That's all.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #44
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
I guess I just don't get it.

I don't get why we would ban these guns, while allowing guns that someone could shoot people donw from the UT tower with would be okay.

I know the argument is that guns that can shoot lots of rounds allow for more death... but I don't think so. Okay, sure, in some situations... but I think a sharpshooting gun would be more lethal from someone in a vantage spot taking people out... I mean a machine gun from a tower would be pretty useless.

The best weapon for any situation varies. We have latched on to the movie-style machine gun down scenario... but do we really have an epidemic of that kind of thing? I mean compared to the violence that happened during the heyday of organized crime killings, I think we have relatively few examples of highly publicized incidents.

We will still have guns on the black market. Maybe it is true that fewer guns in general would mean less access.... but how much less? Does anyone know that? For the complete shutoff of access to law abiding citizens... how much does that REALLY decrease access...and what difference would it have made? Have ALL the recent shootings been guns that would be illegal under a ban... or just some of them? Are we looking for a giant solution to only a tiny part of the problem? That is how it seems to me.

Am I saying that teachers should be ninjas? No, certainly not. I have seen law enforcement in schools with guns and security guards in dangerous schools with weapons... I am fine with that. If a teacher is licensed to carry... do I have a problem with it? Not really. Considering the proliferation of guns in Texas, it's really not hard to get your hands on one... and I don't see a huge issue with mass shootings in our schools.

I think maybe the difference in my perspective is that I have been around guns my whole life. Lots of guns. I have shot guns, hunted, my grandfather got a beautiful rifle when he retired... he and my father have both taught me gun safety, how to clean guns, etc. I have been normalized to the presence of guns. With that said, I haven't been normalized to gun violence. There hasn't been gun violence in my life. (With the exception of having a gun pulled on me once when I was a kid by another kid that took the gun from his POLICE father)... so I just don't see a correlation with guns and insane activity.... well... aside from the political insanity that we have in Texas.... I mean Rick Perry and the rest of them... but whatever.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 AM   #45
Misty
Do Not Disturb
 
Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,071
On the news footage of the guy in China(?) attacking school-kids at the school gate, the guy had a meat cleaver and the reporter was calling it a knife. Some parts you couldn't see what he was holding, and the reporter was just winging his story based on that footage, not witnessing events directly.

There's one point where the guy came through the gate and you could see. It wasn't a knife. The reporter didn't spare much attention for that kind of detail.

Assault Rifles are for one thing, killing people. Americans have a Police Force, an FBI, a CIA, A National Guard, a Coast Guard, a Navy/Army/Air Force. Also you have access to the many kinds of other firearm that can be used for self-defense or offense. Do you need mentally ill, suicidally depressed "I hate the world" types maintaining their legal access to 'Assault' weapons - when there's ultimately only one thing anyone is meant to do with 'em?

Progress starts with that first step. You know what you have to do.
__________________
Originally Posted by Drysdale
"Fair enough. I don't agree with anyone all the time."
Originally Posted by Davek
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #46
Lith Ahntalon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: GA
Posts: 1,193
Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
Assault Rifles are for one thing, killing people. Americans have a Police Force, an FBI, a CIA, A National Guard, a Coast Guard, a Navy/Army/Air Force. Also you have access to the many kinds of other firearm that can be used for self-defense or offense. Do you need mentally ill, suicidally depressed "I hate the world" types maintaining their legal access to 'Assault' weapons - when there's ultimately only one thing anyone is meant to do with 'em?

Progress starts with that first step. You know what you have to do.
Any police officer, if he is honest with you, will tell you the truth of the old saw "police are only minutes away when seconds count." Don't use the local and state police as well as the federal alphabet soup agencies or the military as excuse to ban something. As a side note, the CIA has no law enforcemnt authority nor does the military except in extreme cases.

When I hear the term "assault weapons" I think of an older term that a couple decades ago brought about a similar mindset in people who want to ban guns, that term was a "Satuday Night Special." There was mass wailing and and crying for the banning of "Saturday Night Specials" but, no one could define what constituted a "Saturday Night Special."

So called assault weapons are honestly not the best weapons to use for mass killings in an enclosed area.
__________________
Right mind, right action.
Lith Ahntalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:57 AM   #47
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
There we go- you fellas still got it!
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #48
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,988
Originally Posted by Misty View Post
Assault Rifles are for one thing, killing people. Americans have a Police Force, an FBI, a CIA, A National Guard, a Coast Guard, a Navy/Army/Air Force. Also you have access to the many kinds of other firearm that can be used for self-defense or offense. Do you need mentally ill, suicidally depressed "I hate the world" types maintaining their legal access to 'Assault' weapons - when there's ultimately only one thing anyone is meant to do with 'em?
But deys needs all dem gunz cuz da Kommies are a commin. I saw it in Red Dawn. Gotta be troo since dey gone and done made that talkie show twice.
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #49
Davek
Squawk Box
 
Davek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ini is the wind beneath my wings.
Posts: 7,988
Originally Posted by Davek View Post
But deys needs all dem gunz cuz da Kommies are a commin. I saw it in Red Dawn. Gotta be troo since dey gone and done made that talkie show twice.
But seriously, I don't really have a problem with the types of guns. I don't understand the US fascination with guns in general, that I admit. Paranoid society in that regards.

I do think that there should be better in depth background checks in order to buy both guns and ammo.

Considering the number of guns in the US, I'm surprised the numbers of gun deaths/injuries isn't higher.
__________________
Davek Bonemender ~ Guild Leader of Sunrunners ~
~ Retired with 8 years of service ~
~ Semi-unretired 2012 ~

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:42 AM   #50
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
So, do statistics support that homicides are lower per capita in places where they have lots of bans in place?


That would be good info to have.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.