Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default The Moonbat sinks to a new low

Really, Nancypants?

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/28...ty-of-the-job-
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

The comments were made in the context of the looming sequester, which would force across-the-board cuts affecting most federal offices, including Congress. With lawmakers nowhere near a deal to avert those cuts, federal agencies are bracing for ways to absorb them with minimum damage to programs and personnel.

Pelosi, whose husband is a wealthy real-estate developer, was quick to note that a cut in her own pay would be far less significant than that for both staffers and less wealthy members of Congress.

"It's a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families," she said. "A pay cut to me doesn't mean as much."

She also emphasized that Congress should do everything it can to preclude such decisions by preventing the sequester cuts from taking effect at all.

"A sequester should be out of the question," she said.

Still, with the clock ticking down to March 1 and with both chambers of Congress out of town next week the chances of reaching a deal are growing slimmer. With that in mind, some lawmakers say they're hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

"We are, in fact, obviously contemplating a sequester," Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said this week. "Obviously we are going to take a cut, like everybody else, and we will have to accommodate that."
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
Pinkheart

Yeah, it sucks facing the same problem as most other Americans, doesn't it, Nancy?

I would also like to say that I find her comments regarding pay being commensurate with dignity offensive.

There are plenty of jobs out there that aren't high paying that deserve respect, and this elitist attitude is sickening. The single mother working at McDonalds deserves just as much respect or MORE than a career polictician.

I don't beleive for a second that Nancy is alone in her thought process on this, but she has the gall to vocalize the elitist mentality that permeates the entire Congress.

I don't care what she thinks. It should be up to the American people. They work for us, and if we can't afford to pay them, then cut their pay. (It's not like they are doing a good job)
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #3
Michael Cumberlan

I go one step further ... anyone who believes, in the world we live in today, that dignity and politician belong in the same sentence should have their FOID card taken away and their butts nicely esconced in the nearest mental health facility.
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote