Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #1
Veo

Default Rumsfeld strikes again!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/27/rum...t93/index.html

*snicker*
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
Heretic

When I first heard people talking about this, I was like "whoa, can you say coverup." However, I downloaded an audio link of the incident and I do believe it was a slip of the tongue. Would be nice to get an official statement from Ole Rummy though.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:17 AM   #3
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

I think having Rumsfeld's people make a statement is enough. Having him make an official statement makes this more of a big deal than it really is. In my opinion, one of Kerry's downfalls was giving the swiftboat vets as much attention as he did. All he managed to do was give them more of the spotlight, which is what happens when you validate conspiracy theories by addressing them.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:24 AM   #4
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I had always assumed that plane was shot down anyway, if they say they did it fine, i rather it have been 200 dead than another 3000 somewhere else. there was going to be no reasoning with those tewrrorists, so the only alternative was to shoot the plane down. If they say they didnt then fine too. The internet black helicopter theory wasnt that anyway. The tinfoil hat theory was that the pentagon was hit with a missile and not a plane. CNN should get their idiot speak right.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:28 AM   #5
bumbleroot

Umm, Wil- Kerry ignored the swifties for weeks. It was the press that kept the swifties in the forefront.

What I can't understand is how this "misstatement" can even be made. It paints a clear narrative. It is not one word misstated. Its an entire story. I don't see how you can misstate an entire story.
As far as what happened, I think we need to come forward and stop lieing about it. I applaud them if they did shoot the plane down. I would have done the same. Its a very hard choice to make and just as hard to live with. I don't applaud them for lieing about it though. We need the truth. If they did it I would respect them more for owing up to it.

In all honesty, I think this very reason may have been why Bush did not want the 9/11 commission at all. I think, given the circumstances of that day, shooting that plane down was entirely justified. Sacrificing the lives of 100 people to save possibly thousands is a hard choice but necessary.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:44 AM   #6
Heretic

Originally Posted by Wildane
In my opinion, one of Kerry's downfalls was giving the swiftboat vets as much attention as he did. All he managed to do was give them more of the spotlight, which is what happens when you validate conspiracy theories by addressing them.
What was he supposed to do? Just let lies be spread like wildfire? Until the media starts backing up the truth in campaign ads there is no alternative.

As to the plane story, I don't think anyone would argue that the military shooting it down was justified. Also, if you listen to clip, it sounds as if he means the TERRORISTS shot down the plane.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #7
Veo

Everyone is right. There would have been justification if our military did shoot down Flight 93. 200 dead is better than 200 + anyone in the crash site. If he is referring to terrorists shooting down the flight, then I can see why the Bush admin is hiding that fact. How much more would the flight industry suffer if people knew that there are terrorists out there capable of shooting down our airlines?

1) If the passengers of Flight 93 forced the plane down, nothing to hide.
2) If the military shot the plane down, nothing to hide. Admit the truth and deal with the backlash. It's justifiable.
3) If terrorists shot the plane down, tons to hide.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:07 AM   #8
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Well Veo the terrorists shot down flight 800 in 96 yet the Clinton government covered that one up.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:24 AM   #9
kanya

Send a message via ICQ to kanya
i think the whole 'slip of the tongue' thing can be rationalized, actually. without even stretching that far.

ultimately, the terrorists were responsible for the plane crashing. his exact wording could have been a poor choice to convey that they brought down, or caused the plane to crash. similar to one saying they 'shot down' an agrument, caused it to fail...

with all of the slips the president has made, is it really that illogical that others might use the wrong word to express something? i would say if anyone else was going to do just that, it would probably be rumsfeld...he's got to be the second least polished orator i've heard in today's political world. (As portrayed by the media, of course!)

kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
Oakinbier

I downloaded the sound clip. Sounded like a slip of the tounge to me but would it matter one way or the other?

Hard call but I would have backed the decision to shoot it down also.
Daane 70 Priest
Core of Valor

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
BEWARE MY E-PENIS WRATH!!!!
Oakinbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 08:28 PM   #11
bumbleroot

Well Veo the terrorists shot down flight 800 in 96 yet the Clinton government covered that one up.
Elaborate.....
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 05:00 AM   #12
Oakinbier

Originally Posted by chukzombi
Was this the flight up in michigan where the terrorist are supspected of using shoulder fired missle to take the plane down from a boat?
Daane 70 Priest
Core of Valor

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
BEWARE MY E-PENIS WRATH!!!!
Oakinbier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 09:06 AM   #13
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Nope this is the paris bound flight out of new york , hundreds of witnesses saw missiles fly up and hit the ascending plane. The rockets came from a boat in the harbor.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:34 AM   #14
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

My wife's maid of honor actually lost 2 of her grandparents in that flight
Old 12-29-2004, 10:12 AM   #15
Offem
Aiming to heal the world

Send a message via AIM to Offem Send a message via Yahoo to Offem
I remember when that happened too, you could see it from Long Island when it happened. My employers at the time witnessed it, and said they saw the same thing. They were traumatized, to say the least.

fav quotes:

You typing in caps just makes me laugh thinking you're stomping your feet saying "mom, they're doing it again". - Oakinbier

Beware, the gays are coming! The gays are coming! - Gauche

In America, death is the most common way that people legally die - Random Article
Offem is offline   Reply With Quote