Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Raiders' Get-Together

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 09:29 AM   #26
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
I'm with Net.. VT last year was perfect. The average person couldn't waltz in there and expect to win.. it took some well geared folks to take key positions to win. I expect with PoTime.. it's going to be much the same. Strong tank, offtanks, and resists will be needed to win. With full cultural and a full set of AC augs on the tanks and offtanks, it's going to be doable to a certain extent.

The scripts aren't difficult in PoTime. So unless they changed them, the content will still be pretty straight forward. Recent expansions have really narrowed the gap between the end game player and the not-so end game player. Hitpoints have been inflated to the point where two or three thousand difference is realy negligible. Class important mod 2's can be capped rather easily. Mana pools have gone the same way as HP, and with as many ways as casters have to get mana back these days.. it's pretty much a non-issue anyway.

The biggest difference between end game guilds ad not-so end game is dps, and PoTime was never a very dps dependant zone. You only needed enough dps to beat timers for phase 1 and 2. With a 72 man raid, I don't see that being an issue.

I'm looking forward to this one, I expect it to be fun for lots of folks.. which is the way a game should be. There are alot more non-end game subscribers then end-game subscribers.
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #27
Caeelar

Oh, and you have to be a bit silly to call cultural stupid-easy to get. Unless your Demi + geared, your probably not going to be able to tank the stuff that drops what you need with any regularity. Likewise, getting group in a tier 3 or tier 4 zone is an unlikely option as well. You can still farm it in tier 2 zones I believe, but you can double the amount of time it will take to get the item you need. In the end, the amount of time finding the items, getting the item crafted, getting the last blood+ done, and getting the sublime/exalted is FAR more then it takes to learn a new event when you have people already geared and full raids.

If fact, I'd say getting raid gear is far, far easier then getting elegant armor/sublimes/last bloods made. Especially for someone like yourself.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #28
Trugwa

i honestly didnt see that same argument with katta gear vs coa drops ? same thing, can go buy the orum and buy the katta gear, and get coa level gear <3 year old at the time>

whats the difference? other then it steping on some eqplayers / magelo's?

half hte people in the high end guilds, didnt help their guilds get there.

I think the gear is balanced just fine the way it is.

and btw... i hate fabled, always have always will.

waste of time.
Trugwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #29
Aramelus

I was Demi+ geared back when I was raiding Demiplane. I was also level 70. I could tank the stuff then, without much problem.

At level 80, killing those mobs is pretty trivial, even if you're geared out with Katta gear and a smattering of stuff from Dragonscale Hills (droppable - bazaar) and Loping Plains (droppable - bazaar).

That stuff is considerably better than what was available when Last Bloods were current content, and then you've got 10 levels on top of that, which is just huge -- too huge to measure even.

I'm thinking about the various mobs that drop Last Bloods, and i can't think of any that would truly be one groupable by a casual team. However, the bazu augs are a totally different story, and they are still pretty fierce when you slap them in the new armor with the appropriate augment.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for worthwhile and competitive gear for the grouping game and all that -- I just think it's ridiculous that you can buy it all in the bazaar minus the LB or Bazu aug (which shouldn't even fit, and their replacement should drop in current content).

As far as farming the loams and spinneret fluids and whatever else to make all the stuff -- sure, it could take a relatively long time to actually farm them yourself. Then again, there's pretty much 24/7 Crystallos groups from guilds of all levels. People sit in the zone LFG and get groups. Admittedly, I haven't seen that in SHIP, SF, or MMM though.

Alternatively, you could just go to the bazaar and buy them too. Lots of people have tons of plat sitting around with nothing to do with it. Also, one has to consider the eBay plat contingent.

What's this have to do with PoTime though? Nothing!

As far as PoTime goes, the devs have stated it's going to be aimed at Solteris+ guilds. So presumably, the loot coming out of there is going to be 550hp and up, along with current focuses and some heroic stats on top of that. I'll be disappointed if PoTime is a joke like Vex Thal was and drops loot like that, especially since it's instanced (unlike Vex Thal) and has 8 gods + quarm + minibosses worth of loot.
Aramelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #30
Aramelus

That's partially true, Trugwa. You at least needed to do some work (faction) for the Katta armor though.

I also hate fabled, and the idea that the developers are wasting time on it when there's so much broken stuff in the game that we play all 12 months of the year.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #31
Trugwa

You beat..mayong, 2006-10-29

full month and a half, after TSS came out, btw.
so ya you did DP at 70,..give or take 5 levels / what ever spells/gear that came out of that expansion.

does that mean you did it in easy mode?

same holds true for the PoR content, didn't finish off Ayonae Ro, for 2 months after TSS.

so was that easy mode? or did no one in rev level to 75 or get any aa's until that content was finished?

did you use any gear / drops from por / tss, while doing DP or DK ?

does this diminish your accomplishments at all because you didn't do it, prior to the next expansion coming out?

or is it different, because "it was cutting edge content" ? dispite being a whole expansion and a half behind.

So what, If gear may or may not Nerf content, each expansion has been more mudflation stacked upon mudflation.

Its only going to get worse. and Old content is going to be Easier and Easier.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:50 AM   #32
Aramelus

Of course it was easier with an extra 5 levels. I don't see that as relevant to this conversation.

They release these fabled with gear dropping that's roughly equal to what's dropping in current raid content. A year ago, that was TSS-level drops in Vex Thal. This year, it will be SoF level drops in PoTime. The raids should be roughly equal in difficulty to the raids which have equivalent loot. Maybe just slightly easier because there won't be much time to learn them (assuming they've done some scripting and not just cranked up the damage output and hit points).
Old 03-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #33
Aramelus

Well, straight from the horse's mouth on EqLive just now. It appears the mobs will behave the exact same, with more hit points, damage, and different spells.

Originally Posted by Nodyin
I'm going to address this one more time.

The events have always been tuned with current top end content in mind. But let me clarify what that means.

For Plane of Time I took each raid in the zone and assigned it a value in the script that runs the fabled. That value is then used to set up the hit points and damage values. Additionally the spells that are cast in the raid are (in many cases) swapped out for a "Fabled" version.

For those of you that have done content in Demiplane or beyond you may notice what was not added - a large number of chaos inducing mechanics. No emotes were added, no additional phase based transformations were added to the NPCs, no complicated scripting of any type was included in this or any prior Fabled set.

So what you end up with is a guy that hits as hard as, and has as many hitpoints as a current end-game target minus some of the ancillary effects that add up to a good portion of the difficulty. That's going to have an impact on the overall challenge level of the fight. We are well aware of that.

I hope this clears up our tuning intentions and methods on this.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:22 PM   #34
Trugwa

not relevant because you beat 2 expansions using the next expansions level/gear.? or not relevant because it doesnt support your contention that cultural / fabled VT gear etc is ezmode raiding?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 PM   #35
Aramelus

not relevant because my whole point is that if the stuff is dropping Solteris-level gear, for example, then it should be about as difficult as Solteris.

(not as difficult as something was for my guild, or as difficult as person_01 walking into the bazaar after having been gone from the game for 2 years and dusting off the old last bloods and a hundred bucks on ebay, and suddenly being geared end-game)

nodyin's post seems to indicate that this is their goal, but i doubt they'll do it right anyway. some real interesting itemization discussion in the same thread, too. frenzy damage on silk caster armor, etc.

forget i said anything about the cultural gear. you're totally right, someone who plays a couple hours a week, buys all their gear in the bazaar, and has some last bloods laying around from a few years back totally deserves to have the best of the best.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #36
Trugwa

its not the best of the best though...

nor will be the fabled gear. nor has the fabled gear, ever been the best of the best.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:14 PM   #37
Caeelar

No, but it's close enough. You don't have to have the best of the best gear to be the best player. If you have close, skill becomes more of a deciding factor. With cultural, the option is out there for a skilled guild that fields numbers to hit end game content pretty fast. Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing, and it could quite possibly spur some folks to return to game since catching up no longer requires gearing through 2 or 3 expansions.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:28 PM   #38
Trugwa

They should delete anyone that doesnt have at least a mana stone ! other wise its to easyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Old 03-14-2008, 10:39 PM   #39
Chongdamonk

A friend guided me to this thread.
Sorry about farming RZ! He's all yours. It passed the time.
Chongdamonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #40
Bruddarr

Got RZ, and finished sol ro minis and sol ro . Just in time for fableds too. Sitting in a fabled raid in pofire atm . But thanks anyway.

member of <Reviction>
Bruddarr is offline   Reply With Quote