Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2006, 12:17 AM   #26
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I put the uber hot chinese sauce and mustard on damn near all my dinner when i order chinese. i think from years of eating that stuff it destroyed my taste buds so that i need to have it on my food for me to taste anything. ditto for regular food, if it aint spicy i cant enjoy it.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:42 AM   #27
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally Posted by korast
I eat habaneros like candy, Its rare anything phases me anymore.
That's cuz you got nutz like watermellons.

They may be big but there's no substance.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:04 AM   #28
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I shot myself in the face once just to see what it'd feel like. Didn't hurt. 'Cause I'm the ▄bermensch.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:01 AM   #29
korast

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I shot myself in the face once just to see what it'd feel like. Didn't hurt. 'Cause I'm the ▄bermensch.
I guess I Should of added on some more.... but pepper spray still fucked me up. I recovered faster than most people, but in a typical apprehension you dont get to say, "Wait! Time out for 5 mins real fast that wasnt fair!"

Only tesla would be immne to pepper spray. Only tesla.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:43 AM   #30
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Brigiid
Those little red peppers in Chinese food can get pretty hot. I'm not sure what they're called. I just know that I avoid all red peppers in Chinese food anymore. That's probably the most pain I've ever been in. I thought I was going to die. True story.
Thai chilis.

They can be as hot as Habeneros on occasion.

0-100 Scoville Units includes most Bell/Sweet pepper varieties.
500-1000 Scoville Units includes New Mexican peppers.
1,000-1,500 Scoville Units includes Espanola peppers.
1,000-2,000 Scoville Units includes Ancho & Pasilla peppers.
1,000-2,500 Scoville Units includes Cascabel & Cherry peppers.
2,500-5,000 Scoville Units includes Jalapeno & Mirasol peppers.
5,000-15,000 Scoville Units includes Serrano peppers.
15,000-30,000 Scoville Units includes de Arbol peppers.
30,000-50,000 Scoville Units includes Cayenne & Tabasco peppers.
50,000-100,000 Scoville Units includes Chiltepin peppers
100,000-350,000 Scoville Units includes Scotch Bonnet & Thai peppers.
200,000 to 300,000 Scoville Units includes Habanero peppers.
Around 16,000,000 Scoville Units is Pure Capsaicin.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #31
Segis

Many years ago I inhaled so much CS gas that I had problems breathing for two days. I hate the gas chamber to this day. The watery eyes and snotty nose are bearable, but what it does to your respiratory system truly sucks.

Does OC do anything like that?
Segis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:54 AM   #32
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by korast
Only tesla would be immne to pepper spray. Only tesla.
Tesla truly is die ▄bermensch
Old 03-13-2006, 11:30 AM   #33
Wulfhere

Originally Posted by Segis
Many years ago I inhaled so much CS gas that I had problems breathing for two days. I hate the gas chamber to this day. The watery eyes and snotty nose are bearable, but what it does to your respiratory system truly sucks.

Does OC do anything like that?
Think military CS gas chamber x50 Segis. Full strength pepper spray truly sucks dog balls. I thought the little teary eyes, blurry vision, difficulty breathing that comes with CS was nasty, until my first experience with a full face shot from pepper foam. Total loss of vision, intense burning sensation, (felt like my face was on fire) and I felt like I was going to suffocate. Even forewarned about it and assured that it was not life threatening, it was a terrifying feeling, and it completely shut me down, 100%. The trainer allowed us to get a good run at him too before he sprayed, we all thought we could 'take him out' not 1 of the 25 people I was training with made it within 10' of the guy holding the spray.

I think the worst part of it all was after we were done, and they let us hose off, the residue ran down and soaked my underwear with OC juice, my shit felt like it was on fire for about 15 minutes.

It is no joke at all, and if my wife wanted to get a gun I would talk her into carrying OC instead, myself as well, when I feel the need to have protection, I choose OC over a gun any day of the week to be honest, its that good.

And Drys, I am pretty sure that Scotch Bonnets and Habanero's are 1 and the same.

Wulf

Last edited by Wulfhere; 03-13-2006 at 06:12 PM.
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #34
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Wulfhere
Think military CS gas chamber x50 Segis. Full strength pepper spray truly sucks dog balls. I thought the little teary eyes, blurry vision, difficulty breathing that comes with CS was nasty, until my first experience with a full face shot from pepper foam. Total loss of vision, intense burning sensation, (felt like my face was on fire) and I felt like I was going to suffocate. Even forewarned about it and assured that it was not life threatening, it was a terrifying feeling, and it completely shut me down, 100%. The trainer allowed us to get a good run at him too before he sprayed, we all thought we could 'take him out' not 1 of the 25 people I was training with made it within 10' of the guy holding the spray.

I think the worst part of it all was after we were done, and they let us hose off, the residue ran down and soaked my underwear with OS juice, my shit felt like it was on fire for about 15 minutes.

It is no joke at all, and if my wife wanted to get a gun I would talk her into carrying OS instead, myself as well, when I feel the need to have protection, I choose OS over a gun any day of the week to be honest, its that good.

And Drys, I am pretty sure that Scotch Bonnets and Habanero's are 1 and the same.

Wulf
I thought they were too, but this chart differentiates them.

Wiki:
The Scotch bonnet is often compared to the habanero, as they are two varieties of the same species. Both the Scotch bonnet and the habanero have the characteristic thin, waxy flesh; the Scotch bonnet is generally of a narrower diameter and longer fruit. Additionally, the bonnet may be a bright yellow to light orange, while the habanero tends towards deeper orange and red colorings. They have similar heat level and flavour. Although both varieties average around the same level of heat, the actual degree of "spiciness" varies greatly with genetics, growing methods, climate, and plant stress.[
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:40 PM   #35
Wulfhere

Ahh, I stand corrected, thanks!

Wulf
Wulfhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:14 PM   #36
korast

Originally Posted by Wulfhere
Ahh, I stand corrected, thanks!

Wulf
Two varieties of the same species is what I read. So maybe not so corrected.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote