Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 02:30 PM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default Kerry: 'Hypothetical questions are not real,"

Kerry did 2 interviews this weekend. he still hasnt had a press conference in 43 days even though he claimed he would hold them every 30 days.

Kerry on Iraq
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...5825-3,00.html
TIME
Speaking of clarity, a number of your allies have said that you haven't drawn a clear contrast between yourself and President Bush on Iraq.

KERRY
The contrast could not be clearer. They spent a lot of money trying to confuse people, but I have been consistent. I would not have taken the country into war the way he did. I would not have put young Americans in harm's way without a plan to win the peace. I would not have interrupted as abruptly the effort to build alliances with other countries. I would not have turned my back on the international community. And Americans are paying a $200 billion cost today because this President rushed to war.

TIME
Is the President being as aggressive as he should be in dealing with insurgent strongholds in Iraq?

KERRY
At this moment in time, I'm not sitting with the generals in front of me for the full briefing. I'm not going to comment on that right now. That is up to the President. It's his decision to make. But I will tell you this, that we've gone backward in Iraq, and we've gone backward on the war on terror. I'm not President until Jan. 20, if America elects me. I don't know what I'll find in Iraq.

But I'll tell you this: I will pursue a far more aggressive, proactive statesmanship role to bring countries to our side in an effort in which they have an interest. Ninety percent of the casualties and costs are being borne by Americans. That's inexcusable.

I believe very deeply that it takes a new President, a new credibility, a fresh start, to change the whole equation in Iraq. I will get countries involved in ways that the President doesn't have them involved today, and I will get our troops home.

TIME
How? Diplomats say that it is not in our allies' political interest—KERRY
George Bush has made it not in their interest today. There are all sorts of options with respect to Shi'ites, Sunnis and Kurds in the region that this Administration is not exploring. They have failed in their diplomacy utterly. In fact, they have made it easy for countries to say no, because of their arrogance, because of the way the President chose to go to war.

TIME
As President, who would be the first person you would phone?

KERRY
I'm not going to say one, two, three. I will tell you that I have 20 years of experience on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. I have personal relationships with leaders around the world. I will not cede our security to any other country. I won't cede our security to any institution, but I know how to reach out to countries and leaders and build bipartisan-support structures necessary to strengthen the country.

TIME
You can't be more specific?

KERRY
I know exactly what I'm going to do, but I'm not the President today. I've already laid out the international conference, the shared responsibilities between European and Arab countries, the more rapid training of Iraqi police and military. I think it's almost pathetic the rate at which we have done that. They [the Bush Administration]are hardly behaving like we're truly a country at war. It's pathetic that they left ammunition dumps and nuclear facilities unprotected.

They disbanded the Iraqi military. They didn't protect the borders. It's one of the most catastrophic jobs of management that I've ever seen.

TIME
Will you be more specific about timetables for getting troops out?

KERRY
I have said that I have a goal to be able to bring our troops out of there within my first term, and I hope to be able to bring out some troops within the first year. But what's important here is that I can fight a more effective war on terror. George Bush diverted the focus from Afghanistan. The 9/11 commission makes it clear that Saddam Hussein had nothing to do with 9/11, nothing to do with al-Qaeda. The war was against al-Qaeda and for getting justice for 9/11. George Bush diverted attention from that. And we're spending $200 billion over there [in Iraq] now that could have gone to schools in America, could have gone to after-school programs, could have gone to health care, could have gone to infrastructure.
Kerry sure was giving straight answers to tough questions ! ooh another toughie!

TIME
If I could get back to politics
—KERRY
I don't talk politics.

Kerry on the situation in North Korea

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/13/po...agewanted=2&hp

When Mr. Kerry was pressed about how he would handle the threat of a North Korean nuclear test if he was in the Oval Office, he declined to be prescriptive, other than to say that the issue would probably have to be taken to the United Nations Security Council. "Hypothetical questions are not real," he said,
What a dumbass. all questions are hyopthetical to a candidate running for president. You cant vote someone into office without knowing what they would do to make us have a reason to vote for him. the people who vote for this turkey are either complete morons or so inflicted with ABB they would turn the US into a mockery for all time.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:53 PM   #2
Lurikeen
Freaky

Chuk, can't you admit that Kerry is right about the answer he gave, or are you such a Kerry hater you can't give him any credit at all?

Take a guess what the answer to a hypothetical question is? It is a hypothetical answer. It is merely an assertion of what sort of response is possible. Given a NK nuclear test, there are surely many possible responses. Naming off one possible response is engaging in pure speculation. Kerry is at least smart enough to know that.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:56 PM   #3
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

He gave no answer becuase he has no answer. Why would you vote for him if he gives you no reason to vote for him except "i am not Bush and my plan is different"
Old 09-13-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
Lurikeen
Freaky

Why are you pretending to be so certain he has no answer?? Oh, yes, the answer to that question is in your sig.

While we are here, let me take some of the wind out of your anti-Kerry sails. I am not at all in 100% agreement with Kerry on the issues. I certainly have more choices this election than just Kerry or Bush. I can't help the fact you're a crack lover who only understands a simpleton's black and white world.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #5
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Why are you pretending to be so certain he has no answer??
49 days away from election and he has not given an inkiling of what he plans to do about anything. Oh wait in Iraq Kerry will get 'real' allies (Britain Italy Poland, S Korea, Australia are "phoney, coerced, bribed and bullied" allies according to Kerry) to pay for the Iraq war and die in our place. Nice fairy tale except russia france and germany have already said they wont touch Iraq even if Kerry is elected.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #6
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by chukzombi
49 days away from election and he has not given an inkiling of what he plans to do about anything.
You're not voting for Bush because of his record. You're voting for Bush because you are one of those "anyone but Kerry" dunces.

BTW, I would say the following is more than just an "inkling" of what he plans to do on "something"....

Launch And Lead A New Era Of Alliances
The threat of terrorism demands alliances on a global scale - to utilize every available resource to get the terrorists before they can strike at us. As president, John Kerry will lead a coalition of the able - because no force on earth is more able than the United States and its allies.

Modernize The World's Most Powerful Military To Meet New Threats
John Kerry and John Edwards have a plan to transform the world's most powerful military to better address the modern threats of terrorism and proliferation, while ensuring that we have enough properly trained and equipped troops to meet our enduring strategic and regional missions.

Deploy All That Is In America's Arsenal
The war on terror cannot be won by military might alone. As president, John Kerry will deploy all the forces in America's arsenal - our diplomacy, our intelligence system, our economic power, and the appeal of our values and ideas - to make America more secure and prevent a new generation of terrorists from emerging.

Free America From Its Dangerous Dependence On Mideast Oil
To secure our full independence and freedom, we must free America from its dangerous dependence on Mideast oil. By tapping American ingenuity, we can achieve that goal while growing our economy and protecting our environment.
If you would actually like to start researching your opposition's positions go here. You are simply proving how uninformed you are with responses like that above.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:49 PM   #7
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

None of that junk says how, it just lists the goals. Its easy to say what things you will do without telling how you will do them.

You're not voting for Bush because of his record
Bush's record has kept america safe. If the dems had put a guy who was a competant equal or better than Bush, id be voting for him. I care about my family first, everything else takes a backseat to that.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:34 PM   #8
Lurikeen
Freaky

None of that junk says how, it just lists the goals. Its easy to say what things you will do without telling how you will do them.
Really, Captain Obvious?? The point was that the man has offered more than just an "inkling"; your point was he didn't even offer that much. Why not just admit you were wrong?

Bush's record has kept america safe.
What, just because we haven't been attacked yet we are safer???

I watched an interview on Lou Dobb's show tonight where it was pointed out that in 2001 we had 1 million illegals entering the nation. A conservative estimate is that we will have 3 million for this year! Our borders are just as porous today as ever! You call that keeping the US safe? /boggle

Attacking Iraq didn't keep us safe. Oh, yeah, you want to claim that we are fighting terrorists in their country and not ours. Well, the country of the 9/11 terrorists was Saudi Arabia; not Iraq! Bush got it right by going into Afghanistan, but he lost focus with Iraq. Why not finish the job in Afghanistan first? Where is the rebuilding of Afghanistan at the level of the Marshall plan for Europe, as Bush had promised?

Bush hasn't kept us safe at all. We have as yet to see the next terror attack. Just because we haven't seen it yet doesn't mean we are safe. Fighting terrorists abroad doesn't mean there are none in the US and that an attack can't happen.

If the dems had put a guy who was a competant equal or better than Bush, id be voting for him. I care about my family first, everything else takes a backseat to that.
Where is Bush competent? You mean spending more money than any liberal since FDR? You mean raising the federal deficit to all time highs? You mean creating the second largest beauracracy since FDR? Is that competence? Is Bush competent for attacking Iraq with no real exit strategy costing the lives of over 1000 service men and women? Are you saying our porous borders are evidence of his competence?

Chuk, you are obviously huffing paint. Can you point to a single thing that Bush has accomplished, that we could directly link to his administration that is positive for the average American... positive for our families?
Old 09-13-2004, 06:50 PM   #9
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

insult insult insult insult
Anyway, Bush looks good next to Kerry . Bush can keep america safe. all Kerry can do is make america dead.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #10
Lurikeen
Freaky

Chuk, why not toss insults your way? After all, you are incapable of providing an intelligent response. Also, when asked for specifics about what Bush has accomplished you have as yet to ever provide a single thing.

You write above that you care about your family first, and that is why you are voting for Bush; yet, you can't provide a single instance of where the Bush administration can be credited for helping your family. I can only think of one word that descibes you accurately: moron.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 PM   #11
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

insult insultyet, you can't provide a single instance of where the Bush administration can be credited for helping your family. insult insult
Deposed saddam hussein
lower taxes
helped the economy
created 1.7 million jobs over the last year
Destroyed 2 tyranies that were a terrorist breeding ground
liberated 50 million people who would have been used to kill americans under their old regime.
took the war on terror to the enemy on their homeland

All these things have keptme and my family safe and secure. maybe you dont like those things but then again you are who you are.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:13 PM   #12
Usna

On the one hand Kerry offers nothing:

49 days away from election and he has not given an inkiling of what he plans to do about anything.
Yet on the other hand this translates into

all Kerry can do is make america dead.
How does that work? If he has no ideas, offers no answers or alternatives to Bush then how can you conclude the above?
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:17 PM   #13
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

If Kerry gets elected we will be attacked again and we wont do anything about it. Kerry calls our president a cowboy who goes it alone yet he wont do anything if we dont have germany russia and france helping us. We will still be dead but at least we didnt 'go it alone' to protect ourselves.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:20 PM   #14
Lurikeen
Freaky

If Kerry gets elected we will be attacked again and we wont do anything about it.
You are one sad retard.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:21 PM   #15
Usna

Chances are if Bush is elected you will be attacked again also. And what he did last time hasn't seemed to stop anything from happening. If anything attacks have increased around the world.
Usna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 07:23 PM   #16
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Those are acts of desperation
good article

http://www.nationalreview.com/ijaz/ijaz200409101000.asp
September 10, 2004, 10:00 a.m.
Jihad in Chaos
The extremist ideology is in collapse.

On this third anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, we have much more to be thankful for than some of our political leaders would have us believe. Islamist terrorism's global scourge has been unable to launch anything more than verbal tirades at America. And while the jihadists have won successes in lesser form — the train bombings in Spain that unseated a government, hostage-taking dramas in Iraq that forced minor players from the global antiterror team, and Iran's successful effort to sow divisiveness in the West about its nuclear ambitions while harboring much of al Qaeda's senior leadership — the fact remains that they have not been able to execute a spectacular strike in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks.

Osama bin Laden's global vision — of jihadists crawling from the cracks in every enemy state to strike out at infidels with weapons of mass destruction — is drowning in a swamp of confusion among senior jihadists debating who to attack next, how to do it, and for whose benefit. In short, global jihad has turned on itself, and is being destroyed from within — one botched and more wretched attack at a time.

This is largely a function of the sacrifices made by our fallen heroes — the men and women of the U.S. armed forces, and their Coalition colleagues — in the battlefields of Iraq and Afghanistan. Their courage and valor in conflict zones has battered the very thesis — that the enemy is too corrupt of mind, too decadent in spirit, and too weak of body to sustain the battle to victory — on which bin Laden and his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, have sent thousands of "martyrs" to their deaths.

Zawahiri's appearance on al Jazeera this week to once again threaten the U.S. was particularly poignant, since it was the Egyptian physician who, in his infinite wisdom, wrote in 2001 prior to the September 11 attacks that if the "jihadist vanguard" improperly executed its plans to spread Islam's words by force, the movement would become isolated and separated from the Muslim masses. He was right, and is now desperately trying to rekindle the unified spirit al Qaeda had achieved prior to the 9/11 attacks.

Zawahiri went so far, at that time in 2001, to set forth the thesis of "shock-and-awe" terrorism as a way to galvanize the Muslim masses against the infidels and win the hearts and minds of the feeble in the Muslim world. And so it was that he conceived the attacks of September 11. Galvanize he did, but the wrong masses. And now global jihad is showing real signs of coming apart.

Just look at recent terrorist acts to see how desperate the jihadists have become to regain their footing among Islam's increasingly skeptical masses. The most informative example is what happened in Russia last week.

The massacre of innocent children at Beslan, where terrorists turned guns on each other to coerce obedience to the plan, demonstrated the very failure of extremist Islam's ideology to inspire — and how the hideousness of their actions could sow doubt in even the most criminally hardened minds. When even the terrorists are at a loss to see how killing over 150 schoolchildren can help their cause, you know they have a problem. Most Chechens have now turned away from the very radicals who seek to free them because they see the horrific lengths to which the extremists will go, and realize that they too could be the targets of the assassins.

Like him or not, Vladimir Putin's resolve to stare down Beslan's terrorists — about whom he understood nothing — will (if by accident) be seen one day as a turning point in the war against extremism, because the depravity of Beslan's architects has turned the silent majority in the Muslim world on its ear. Editors, political leaders, and mullahs from Jeddah to Istanbul to Jakarta are decrying the insanity of the Beslan murders. And they are beginning to realize that always blaming others for their woes won't help elevate their disaffected people or spread the word of their failed vision any faster or better.

We Muslims (I am an American whose faith remains that of the humane and dignified Islam) have no legs to stand on anymore when those who proclaim our religion are willing to put a gun to a child's head, pull the trigger, and call it an act of martyrdom. Islam no longer carries a message of hope, only the indelible impressions of cruelty. Its purveyors are bankrupt of ideas that inspire, and have failed in an ideology that in its very heart today has become hypocritical. To top it all off, America's Muslims — whose freedom to craft and convey an opposition to the terrorist cancer is protected by the very people those terrorists seek to destroy, sit silent — stone cold silent.

Islam's "vanguard," as Zawahiri called it, has an opportunity to redefine the message and turn away from the extremists. America will win the war against extremism because America's values are righteous, and because God, whatever you conceive Him to be, is at our side. But Islam will surely lose its credibility as a great religion if its benefactors don't stand now and drive the final nail into the coffin of the terrorists who have hijacked a noble faith.

The terrorists have turned on themselves because they have no morality and no code. Let's now finish the job and rise up against them en masse with ideas that reflect human values, not just Islamic values: to mobilize the Muslim masses against their own extremist creed for the good of humanity. To do otherwise is to show the ultimate disrespect for our fallen heroes, both here in America and now in the fields of Beslan, where the innocence of our children was lost as well.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:34 PM   #17
Lurikeen
Freaky

Nice op-ed from the National Review no less. Hey, why not just quote Bush saying he is a good guy and that he has accomplished a lot??

And read this dumbasses' remark again and think about Nick Berg and others...

Islamist terrorism's global scourge has been unable to launch anything more than verbal tirades at America.
Think about the 100s of children recently blown up in Russia. The absence of attacks, or the lack of frequency, doesn't mean an attack isn't going to happen at all.

Even more important, such doesn't mean that Bush has done anything that is actually preventing such attacks. In fact, Homeland security is a complete joke! According to a Time Magazine article we will have 3 million illegal aliens who have crossed the border this year alone! That's three times the amount we had in 2001. How has Bush made our borders more secure??
Old 09-13-2004, 07:48 PM   #18
Lurikeen
Freaky

Deposed saddam hussein
lower taxes
helped the economy
created 1.7 million jobs over the last year
liberated 50 million people who would have been used to kill americans under their old regime.

All these things have keptme and my family safe and secure. maybe you dont like those things but then again you are who you are.
Yeah, Saddam was coming for you.

How much lower are your taxes and how does lower taxes keep your family safe?

Has Bush gained more jobs than he lost?

Oh, and here is comedy pure and simple...

Originally Posted by Chukles da Clown
Al Qaeda is still alive an well in Afghanistan. Just thought you should know that and if Iraq was a "terrorist breeding ground", then what is Saudi Arabia??

/boggle

BTW, taking the "war on terror" to Iraq doesn't entail that terrorists aren't in this country now and that they can't carry out attacks. Blowing up people on foreign soil doesn't guarantee that terrorists can't enter this country and blow up Americans. Of course, I am sure you can't understand plain and clear logic. Bush is counting on your ignorance.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:51 PM   #19
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

You dont know what logic is, it doesnt matter what you say. I know what Bush has done, it has made the US safe and my bank account robust. you dont know what your guy will do becuase he hasnt told you yet and probably never will. He changes his position every minute it wouldnt matter if he did.

I feel bad for you.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:57 PM   #20
Lurikeen
Freaky

Fighting Iraqis has made America more safe??

Bush's tax cuts has made you much more financially solvent? Yeah, right! Tell you what, why don't you share your gross annual income with us so we can see just how much more money you have now?

As far as the "flip-flop" sound bite goes... that is old and tired. Kerry has remained consistent with his campaign message.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #21
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Kerry has remained consistent with his campaign message.
Consistently wrong
Old 09-13-2004, 09:07 PM   #22
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Dang, can't get a word in edge-wise...you guys are monopolizing this thread!
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:01 AM   #23
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
I watched an interview on Lou Dobb's show tonight where it was pointed out that in 2001 we had 1 million illegals entering the nation. A conservative estimate is that we will have 3 million for this year! Our borders are just as porous today as ever! You call that keeping the US safe? /boggle

Lurikeen, welcome to the wonderful world of statistics! In 2001, more illegals got past agents. They were not being accurately accounted for. Now we have technology and we are making more apprehensions, we are accounting for more illegals. Without the technology, we could not effectively see exactly how many were crossing, they could only estimate. It is pretty hard to know how many people sneaked past you--the whole point being they sneaked past so how can you count them? Now they can track more effectively (with technology in use now that was not available then) how many are getting across without being picked up. We are catching more, hence a jump in crossers. They also believe they are going to be granted amnesty, hence more crossers.

If you go outside and you use a 1" diameter net to catch flies, you will catch less than if you use a 14" diameter net. Same principle. The technology is here on the border. The manning is still short. If you have a station with 500 agents, on any given shift, you will have about 100 in the field (different shifts, days off, leave, sick call and management subtracts from the number out) and they have vast amounts of land to cover (hundreds of square miles). Do the math and you will see why it is so easy for them to cross. Add the fact that when an agent is picking up groups, he usually has back up and transport, then it will usually take hours to process them all--so that is more subtracted from the field. There are enough people coming over that alot of agents are in the station processing--and then they go out, get another group, spend hours processing, and so on, etc.

You can look at the statistics all day. If you really want to know what the situation is on the border, you need to look at more than just the statistics. You need to know what is really happening here and how things work, otherwise those statistics are meaningless and can easily be manipulated, which they have been from time to time depending on the direction of the political wind at the time
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:03 AM   #24
Alauradana

"I would not have taken the country into war the way he did. I would not have put young Americans in harm's way without a plan to win the peace. I would not have interrupted as abruptly the effort to build alliances with other countries. I would not have turned my back on the international community. And Americans are paying a $200 billion cost today because this President rushed to war."

Quote Mr. Kerry

If he believed this, why in the hell did he vote FOR it? Doesn't make sense does it. I don't want someone in the White House he does things he doesn't believe in. I also don't want someone whose only consistency is that he consistantly changes his mind.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:31 AM   #25
Inmountains

Hehe Martigan, it's "The Luri and Chuk Show", starring, on the left, Lurikeen, uber poster on the Emarr Boards and from the right, Chukzombi, the Rush Limbaugh of the Emarr Boards.

Today's discussion, does Kerry have a point besides being a Rich Lady's lap poodle?

By the way, I am voting for Bush EXACTLY because of his record. I agree with attacking Afghanistan and Iraq. I just wish he had also included a couple of other countries. I don't fully agree with Bush's economic plan, but I do agree with about 80 percent of it.

If Kerry would just stand up and say, "I am going to do xxxxxx about terrorism", "I am going to do xxxxxxxx about the economy", or "I am going to do yyyyyyyyyyyyy about zzzzzzzzzzzz", then I might listen. But all I hear is "I am not Bush" or "Kennedy Rhetoric", and nothing that shows a really strong, thinking man! Tax Cut for the Middle Class just doesn't cut it for Economic Policy!