Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 06:13 PM   #1
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Default Judicial Watch files official charges against John Kerry

http://www.judicialwatch.org/3794.shtml

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive...erryawards.htm

Looks like John Kerry gonna be losing those medals he nominated himself for.

I wonder if this might affect his election chances? anyone got a recent poll??
Old 08-18-2004, 06:33 PM   #2
bumbleroot

Care to tell me where a crime was committed?
Perhaps you think the public may notice this is purely political?
35 years after EARNING those medals and now they decide to do something?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
Alauradana

Hmmm....maybe because now Kerry is plastering it all over the press? Could that be why it is happening NOW? This is a non-partisan, non-profit organization. Making things up to get a medal is also known as lying--lying to get those medals is wrong Bumble. Aiding the enemy during war is TREASON. Sorry if they don't fit your definition of wrong.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:02 PM   #4
Zaniel

Non partisan?!?!

Maybe I'm missing something here but based on a quick look at that site every "open case" they had was against Kerry, Clinton or some other prominent Democrat. Can someone please point out to me all the investigations into Republican behaviour I seem to have missed?
Old 08-18-2004, 07:10 PM   #5
Alauradana

Last I checked Guiliani was Republican:

JUDICIAL WATCH v. GIULIANI
Judicial Watch, filed a request pursuant to New York State’s Freedom of Information Law seeking access to documents regarding the fundraising practices of Mayor Giuliani’s campaign for the United States Senate. When the Office of the Mayor did not respond, Judicial Watch filed suit.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:12 PM   #6
Alauradana

Oh look, another Democrat:

Stephen S. Stephens v. Richard B. Cheney, et. al.
Judicial Watch has filed a shareholders suit in Dallas, Texas, against Vice President Dick Cheney and the other involved directors of Halliburton, as well as Halliburton itself, for alleged fraudulent accounting practices which resulted in the overvaluation of the company’s shares, thereby deceiving investors and others
Old 08-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #7
LairdRagna

Stop it right now! Its just not fair when you use facts to prove liberal spin wrong!
LairdRagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 07:19 PM   #8
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Can someone please point out to me all the investigations into Republican behaviour I seem to have missed
The bottom ones are more recent, remember we had a dem president for 8 years so there will be more clinton stuff and IMO with regards to all the FBI messups and clinton affairs i can understand why there are so many. Here are the republican ones.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/1256.shtml
http://www.judicialwatch.org/1270.shtml
http://www.judicialwatch.org/1278.shtml
http://www.judicialwatch.org/1284.shtml
http://www.judicialwatch.org/1456.shtml
http://www.judicialwatch.org/2098.shtml
Old 08-19-2004, 04:36 AM   #9
bumbleroot

Unfortunately Nothing about receiving the medals is unlawful. Barking up a wrong tree.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:46 AM   #10
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I could be mistaken but i think there actually is a law against wearring government issued medals you didnt earn. I did say wear.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:45 AM   #11
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Alauradana
Hmmm....maybe because now Kerry is plastering it all over the press? Could that be why it is happening NOW? This is a non-partisan, non-profit organization. Making things up to get a medal is also known as lying--lying to get those medals is wrong Bumble. Aiding the enemy during war is TREASON. Sorry if they don't fit your definition of wrong.
And no legal case has been made that Kerry has done any of those things.
What is your point?
YOUR opinion carries no weight in court.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #12
LairdRagna

Chuk you are absolutely correct, the wearing of medals one did not earn is a crime. An admiral a couple years back committed suicide when it was revealed he was wearing a decoration he wasn't entitled to.

However, the fact is Kerry was awarded the medals. In theory the medals could be revoked, but I don't think he could be charged for wearing medlas he did not earn. There is the issue of whether he could be charged for falsifying records or giving false testimony which led to the awards. There is also an issue of statute of limitations.

An interesting aside, MSNBC is running a story today that one of the other boat commanders was awarded a bronze star the same day Kerry was awarded his. This commander contends that the patrol never came under fire, that one of the boats struck a mine and that was all. His citation states that the entire patrol came under fire. None of the other commanders reported fire, which begs the question where did this information come from? Whose after-action report contends there was fire? So far the only one we know of is Kerry, and it was not uncommon to use another officers after-action report as the basis for awarding citations. Bottom line, you would have a very hard time proving in a criminal court that Kerry knowingly falsified reports to be awarded the medals.

Bottom line, let him keep them. They were awarded to him. Let people make the decision for themselves whether he deserves them.
LairdRagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 06:08 AM   #13
Alauradana

Originally Posted by Chiteng
And no legal case has been made that Kerry has done any of those things.
What is your point?
YOUR opinion carries no weight in court.

As your opinion carries no weight either. That is what they are Chit, opinions, this is a board where we discuss. I think it has been a long understood fact that people's opinions are just that, opinions and this is an board where we discuss politics, opinions and facts. I think the judge's opinion will count, don't you?

Lying to your superiors is unlawful under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. As is consorting with the enemy during a time of war, this whole thread is about the fact that this organization is calling for an investigation to see if Kerry has done so. No, there hasn't been any case that he has done those things, that is why there is an investigation. If he has, that is his lookout. If he hasn't I am sure he will be cleared. There is no opinion in that Chit.

Sorry the thought that your glory boy may have a tarnished image upsets you. I am sure this board would be filled with insults had Bush met with the Vietcong in Paris during the Vietnam war. God I can imagine the comments that would be made over that.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:05 AM   #14
bumbleroot

I could be mistaken but i think there actually is a law against wearring government issued medals you didnt earn. I did say wear.
Seems to me that Kerry was too busy throwing his medals back or at least detaching them from his ribbons to wear them.

BTW, Judicial Watch is a conservative organization. This carries nothing but biasness through it and will hold little weight with the public. It merely pacifies Conservative bloodlust. This is really a big waste of time.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:37 PM   #15
Alauradana

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
BTW, Judicial Watch is a conservative organization. This carries nothing but biasness through it and will hold little weight with the public. It merely pacifies Conservative bloodlust. This is really a big waste of time.
Yes, I am sure that is why they are going after Cheney and Guiliani as well.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:45 PM   #16
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Judical Watch isnt a conservative organization. They are a watcdog group. They see a story in the media that gets a lot of press but not much substantial reporting and that sets them in action. It may seem they go after conservatives less than libbies but perhaps thats becuase the right wing can keep their scandals a secret a bit better