Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 PM   #51
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
Understand now dufus ?
Getting a little cockey there aren't you anus sucker?

Let me make this simple for you...

Bush would have vetoed the $87 billion if he didn't get what he wanted, but criticizes Kerry for voting no on the bill. That is not only a "flip-flop" but it is hypocrisy.

You can return to fingering your ass in order to scratch your chin.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:46 PM   #52
Rheaton

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
You see, that is your problem. They never voted in Congress to go to war.
Bumble... He voted to authorize war... he voted "Yes". He gave the president power to goto war. ....and everyone knew the stakes. Dont try to re-write history... only Kerry can do that. Kerry wants to say that he only authorized a "process", but not war. Its a lie. ...just read his little speech that started this thread.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:50 PM   #53
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
If you didn't guess, Rummy is in the Bush administration. He represents Bush on Defense Department matters. That's why Rummy has a job.
On your last post, did I miss where Bush would have veto'd such a bill?... or are you guessing or assuming he would have?
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
Old 08-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #54
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Rheaton
On your last post, did I miss where Bush would have veto'd such a bill?... or are you guessing or assuming he would have?
Rheaton, you apparently don't understand that a president relies upon their cabinent's recommendations over legislation because they can't read each document crossing their desks line by line from cover to cover.

Nice dodge attempt.

Here's this one again to show you how Bush really does support our vets...

Mr. Bush proposed last year to double co-payments on prescription drugs for many veterans, primarily those with higher incomes and no service-connected disabilities. The White House reaffirmed its support for that proposal in November.

In the last week, the Pentagon has been considering a new proposal to increase pharmacy co-payments for retirees with at least 20 years of military service. Under the proposal, the charge for a generic drug would rise to $10, from $3, while the charge for a brand-name medicine would rise to $20, from $9.

The Military Officers Association of America criticized this as "a grossly insensitive and wrong-headed proposal." In e-mail messages to the White House, members of the association asked Mr. Bush, "Why do your budget officials persist in trying to cut military benefits?"

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/04/p...print&position=
Old 08-18-2004, 12:59 PM   #55
crimsonedge

Getting a little cockey there aren't you anus sucker?

Let me make this simple for you...

Bush would have vetoed the $87 billion if he didn't get what he wanted, but criticizes Kerry for voting no on the bill. That is not only a "flip-flop" but it is hypocrisy.

You can return to fingering your ass in order to scratch your chin.
Youre a classless, clueless, clown Luri. You obviously have no understanding of how business or in this case politics works and that is sad for one who thinks he knows all.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:01 PM   #56
Rheaton

Rheaton, you apparently don't understand that a president relies upon their cabinent's recommendations over legislation because they can't read each document crossing their desks line by line from cover to cover.

Nice dodge attempt.

I am going to make a game rule here.. You may not suggest that a flip-flop exist based on an assumption. In order for it to be a flip-flop, the actuall physical actions must be done...and the assumed actions.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #57
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by crimsonedge
You obviously have no understanding of how business or in this case politics works and that is sad for one who thinks he knows all.
I had to laugh out loud at your stupidity. Did you even read that sentence after you wrote it? (Hint: business not equal to politics)

Old 08-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #58
Lurikeen
Freaky

I am going to make a game rule here..
Read as "I just had my ass handed to me, now I want to write the rules on my own terms so as to never let that happen again."

Old 08-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #59
Rheaton

Read as "I just had my ass handed to me, now I want to write the rules on my own terms so as to never let that happen again."

heheh I asked you to provide me with a comment by Bush saying he would veto such a measure, thus making him a "flip-flop". You came back and said "well.. since Rummy suggested it, Bush would have done it.. that equals flip-flop"... Well, no it doesnt. Who knows what could be worked out to make it acceptable. Does "in its current state" mean anything to you?
Old 08-18-2004, 01:30 PM   #60
crimsonedge

I had to laugh out loud at your stupidity. Did you even read that sentence after you wrote it? (Hint: business not equal to politics)

Again you need some remedial reading comprehension.
crimsonedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:36 PM   #61
Lurikeen
Freaky

heheh I asked you to provide me with a comment by Bush saying he would veto such a measure, thus making him a "flip-flop".
Ah, I see. You have to have Bush's very own words. You don't believe his own people can represent him. Right?

Bush Threatens Veto of Defense Bill
President Wants Costly New Disabled Military Pension Benefits Eliminated

By Vernon Loeb
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, October 7, 2002; Page A02

Alarmed by the cost of expanding military entitlement programs, President Bush has threatened to veto the $355 billion defense authorization bill for the new fiscal year if House and Senate conferees do not eliminate new pension benefits for disabled military retirees that could cost from $18.5 billion to $58 billion over the next decade.
Full text of article is here.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:42 PM   #62
Rheaton

I see. So Rummy is speaking on behalf of Bush. Well, he hasnt veto'd it..yet. And even if he did, it wouldnt make for a flip-flop. Please move along
Old 08-18-2004, 01:49 PM   #63
Lurikeen
Freaky

Good Bush lover! Poke out your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears.

/pats Rheaton on the top of his flat head.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:55 PM   #64
Rheaton

Good Bush lover! Poke out your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears.

/pats Rheaton on the top of his flat head.
Whatever.... I guess we need to pull out all Kerry's voting records and his campaign promises then.. right?

"I support our military ..so no matter what you do for the "betterment" of the military, I will support it... no matter what! Throw all the pork in it you like! Fuck it all up by all means! Rummy here knows nothing about what the military needs...nooo!"

Give me a break.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:59 PM   #65
Lurikeen
Freaky

Whatever.... I guess we need to pull out all Kerry's voting records and his campaign promises then.. right?
Go for it. Just make sure to link up the full text of the legislation he voted on and also include his reasons for voting yes or no.

"I support our military ..so no matter what you do for the "betterment" of the military, I will support it... no matter what! Throw all the pork in it you like! Fuck it all up by all means! Rummy here knows nothing about what the military needs...nooo!"

Give me a break.
No need to get so defensive. Just admit that Bush is a scumb sucking politician like the rest of them. Honestly, I think you have to not only be mentally ill to run for office, but you have to be corrupt too.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:05 PM   #66
Lurikeen
Freaky

Throw all the pork in it you like! Fuck it all up by all means! Rummy here knows nothing about what the military needs...nooo!"

Give me a break.
Yeah, "new pension benefits for disabled military retirees" is pork.
Old 08-18-2004, 02:17 PM   #67
Rheaton

Yeah, "new pension benefits for disabled military retirees" is pork.
New, extended - expanded pension benefits could be considered pork...esp when that money could be better used elsewheres.

Anyway, this is typical Washington DC politics in "negotiating" things ofthis nature. Like I said, do we want to dig up all of Kerry and Bush's campaign promises and compare those to the voting records?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:18 PM   #68
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

His reasons do not matter, only his vote.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 02:25 PM   #69
Lurikeen
Freaky

New, extended - expanded pension benefits could be considered pork...esp when that money could be better used elsewheres.
So you don't think updated health care benefits are important for our veterans?

Like I said, do we want to dig up all of Kerry and Bush's campaign promises and compare those to the voting records?
And like I wrote, "Go for it. Just make sure to link up the full text of the legislation he voted on and also include his reasons for voting yes or no".

Nobody is stopping you.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:43 PM   #70
Zolspaz

I love how the ignorant trolls here are trying to spin this thread into
a Bush Flipping quest. /Yawn

God Bless America
Max.
Zolspaz is offline   Reply With Quote