Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2004, 11:32 AM   #1
bumbleroot

Default Question about the Draft and this war

If this war with Iraq is so important to win we should be totally committed to winning it. If that is the case, then like WW II, a draft would be extremely helpful. If a president knew that the stakes were so high, being righteous and not political would be the right thing to do. After all political expediency is not as meaningful as doing the right thing.
That all being said I began to wonder why Bush's girls haven't siigned up for duty in the armed services. When I look at FDR's son, who signed up for duty because the stakes were tremendously important and I compare it to the Bush girls, I wonder why they haven't signed up. To begin with, Bush could score a great recruitment movement by showing how important it is that he would allow his girls to sign up. Secondly it would signify to the country that he believes this war is so meaningful that he would even send his own kids.
If Bush and other politicians don't see it necessary to send their own kids to this war, how important is it really? Not many politicians are making that sacrifice and they sure as hell are not setting an example for the rest of the country in that way.
My contention is that this war is important only to the politicians if someone else's kids are fighting it. I have yet to see a politician show me where its so important that they will send their kids.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 11:38 AM   #2
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

We won't see a draft, not for Iraq anyway. And even if Bush wanted to, you sure as shit would't see a draft before November- reinstating the draft would guarantee a Kerry win.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
Alauradana

Bumble, you do understand that people CHOOSE to join the military? They are not being forced. No ones' "kids" are being forced to go. There aren't any 12 year olds in Iraq. I would like to hear your military experience. You keep running on about it, but I have never heard of your military days. Please enlighten us.
Alauradana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:55 PM   #4
ShardmoonVer.1

I am beginning to think Bumble is trying to win a bet for goofiest post.
Old 08-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Alauradana
Bumble, you do understand that people CHOOSE to join the military? They are not being forced. No ones' "kids" are being forced to go. There aren't any 12 year olds in Iraq. I would like to hear your military experience. You keep running on about it, but I have never heard of your military days. Please enlighten us.
Tell it to my 18 year old brother who was DRAFTED in 1967.

Oh yes they DO get forced. Just not yet for the Prez little project

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 01:27 PM   #6
ShardmoonVer.1

"There was one" Stripes
Old 08-21-2004, 01:43 PM   #7
bumbleroot

Bumble, you do understand that people CHOOSE to join the military? They are not being forced. No ones' "kids" are being forced to go. There aren't any 12 year olds in Iraq. I would like to hear your military experience.
If this war is so fucking important why doesn't Bush have his kids enlist. We know FDR had the power of his convictions because his son joined for that war.
As far as 12 year olds in Iraq? Where do you get that from? Bush's kids are just freshly out of college. A perfect time to join.
As far as my military service, that doesn't mean shit here. I am opposed to this war so even if there was a draft and I was young enough to be drafted I would choose to go to jail instead. As for the importance of this war, Bush has not shown it and he hasn't asked America to stand up for it either as FDR did. I honestly believe that this Iraq war wasn't important because if it was, Bush sure as hell hasn't acted like it. Instead he has acted more like it is all political and not about running the country right. And the fact that there is not a draft and we are not being asked to step up for this war proves it.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #8
ShardmoonVer.1

So unless this country is participating in a war you believe in, you will not serve it? How was Kosavo? I heard it was sort of cold in the winters.

This may be your dumbest thread yet, and I gotta say, thats saying something. Kennedy drug us into Vietnam, wonder why Teddy didnt go?
Old 08-21-2004, 02:49 PM   #9
Felessan

Bumble, once again...you speak without a single clue of what you're talking about. Quit ranting about military matters of which you have no inkling.

BTW...Bosnia/Albania were both a cold mutha. The UXO's didnt help any either.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:13 PM   #10
bumbleroot

So unless this country is participating in a war you believe in, you will not serve it?
I will not die for an empty cause. I also will not expect others to die for an empty cause. Unlike you I will not be like sheep led to the slaughter. Of course its ok for you as long as someone else is that sheep. If the cause is right I will fight it. It is disgusting to hear you big idiots go apeshit happy over this war but none of you will fight it. PUt your money where your mouth is please. Go put your ass on the line for something you believe in. Or could it be that you don't believe in the war, but rather in the politicians winning. If that is so, then you are the same as Bush.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:54 PM   #11
Alauradana

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
If this war is so fucking important why doesn't Bush have his kids enlist. We know FDR had the power of his convictions because his son joined for that war.
As far as 12 year olds in Iraq? Where do you get that from? Bush's kids are just freshly out of college. A perfect time to join.
As far as my military service, that doesn't mean shit here. I am opposed to this war so even if there was a draft and I was young enough to be drafted I would choose to go to jail instead. As for the importance of this war, Bush has not shown it and he hasn't asked America to stand up for it either as FDR did. I honestly believe that this Iraq war wasn't important because if it was, Bush sure as hell hasn't acted like it. Instead he has acted more like it is all political and not about running the country right. And the fact that there is not a draft and we are not being asked to step up for this war proves it.
You keep referring to children, children aren't 18 year old soldiers. That is just your spin. Is Kerry's girls over there? I don't think so, that is the most pathetic argument you have ever come up with Bumble. Most people who go on to college DO NOT enlist. Bill Clinton didn't did he?

How come you won't list YOUR military service? How come you won't answer whether you consider Bill Clinton to be a coward? Come on, you don't answer one question, you just spew more crap.

At least come here with something logical to debate, I think you have gone completely crackers.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #12
Felessan

I will not die for an empty cause. I also will not expect others to die for an empty cause. Unlike you I will not be like sheep led to the slaughter. Of course its ok for you as long as someone else is that sheep. If the cause is right I will fight it. It is disgusting to hear you big idiots go apeshit happy over this war but none of you will fight it. PUt your money where your mouth is please. Go put your ass on the line for something you believe in. Or could it be that you don't believe in the war, but rather in the politicians winning. If that is so, then you are the same as Bush.
I have, Bumble...and have a couple of scars to remind me what I did it for and where. You? Or is this just the same sactimonious horsehit you routinely spout?

Dont tell others to go where you have not.

Old 08-21-2004, 06:29 PM   #13
ShardmoonVer.1

Typical crap from one of lifes many spectators instead of one of its participants. DONT DO AS I DO..... DO AS I SAY!!! You are killing yourself on these threads Bumble.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #14
Foust Farseer

"There was one" Stripes
Keep good movies out of this

Also

I have, Bumble...and have a couple of scars to remind me what I did it for and where. You?
He's already expressed his distate for this "war." There isn't much else he can do to flex the strength of his convictions. By openly denouncing the war, he's opening himself to ridicule from a good number of people in this country.

By not fighting, he's technically "fighting."

So he's doing what he thinks is right: trying to convince others of the utter fallacy of our current administration and that falsehoods that led to this war.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:20 PM   #15
bumbleroot

I have, Bumble...and have a couple of scars to remind me what I did it for and where
Well then you are the fool for fighting for a cause you don't believe in. What a tool you are. I could give a shit if you were a soldier or not, if you didn't believe in it, why the fuck did you go and fight it?

That is just your spin. Is Kerry's girls over there? I don't think so,
Kerry didn't start this war, Bush did. This is his baby and he fucked it up, pretty much like he has fucked up everything else he has done in life.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:30 PM   #16
ShardmoonVer.1

Bumble hasnt laid anything on the line by making these post. Certainly not his credibility. He checked that shit at the log in screen long ago.

I do think its funny that Bumble is calling Fellesan a fool for honoring his committment to his country. Currently soldiers dont pick and choose who they get to fight. They commit to the defense of this nation in what ever endeavor our government sees fit. Agreement is for civilians, even the ungrateful ones like you Bumble.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:48 AM   #17
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Well then you are the fool for fighting for a cause you don't believe in. What a tool you are. I could give a shit if you were a soldier or not, if you didn't believe in it, why the fuck did you go and fight it?
31. Always have unkind and accusatory slurs cocked and ready to use
regarding any armed forces personnel, especially military people in
harm's way other than your own candidates, sell-outs, turncoats,
traitors and those who are guilty of or advocate treason.
Old 08-22-2004, 06:46 AM   #18
Felessan

I never said I didn't believe. As has been mentioned...I don't get to choose. I did my duty and I shall again. Just because you have no sense of duty/repsect/honor dont for one second believe I do not.

You make a habit of insulting that which you do not understand. How very small of you. I daresay, your pathetic attempts at self justification for personal cowardice go a long way in exposing the true "you".

Old 08-22-2004, 07:25 AM   #19
bumbleroot

I never said I didn't believe.
Then why the hell are you arguing my point. My point is fighting for something that you believe in. Not fighting for anything. You are arguing a different argument then I am.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #20
bumbleroot

Just because you have no sense of duty/repsect/honor
Apparently you believe that this precludes no free thought. Duty and honor is as empty without meaning as worshipping a god without loving that god.
Old 08-22-2004, 07:32 AM   #21
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by bumbler
We know FDR had the power of his convictions because his son joined for that war.
Wrong. We know FDR's SON had the power of his convictions because he joined the military. Do you really think Bush isn't committed because he isn't taking away his daughters' free will? You are a fool, bumbler.
I am opposed to this war so even if there was a draft and I was young enough to be drafted I would choose to go to jail instead.
And you would deserve death for being a traiterous scumbag. You registered for the draft, you have no say in where they choose for you to serve. By fleeing the draft, you are breaking your bond to your country. Why the hell should we listen to you?
Originally Posted by Foust
He's already expressed his distate for this "war."
And yet he supports war in Afghanistan, but didn't sign up. That's what we call hypocrisy, not conviction.
Originally Posted by Foust
By not fighting, he's technically "fighting."
Wrong, but not fighting, he's technically not fighting.
This is his baby and he fucked it up, pretty much like he has fucked up everything else he has done in life.
Yeah, he fucked up so much, he became President of the United States. What do you do again?

PS - I think this war belongs to anyone who voted in favor of it, no?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 07:57 AM   #22
Felessan

Then why the hell are you arguing my point. My point is fighting for something that you believe in. Not fighting for anything. You are arguing a different argument then I am.

You called for those to step up and fight for what they believe. Your exact words were...

It is disgusting to hear you big idiots go apeshit happy over this war but none of you will fight it. PUt your money where your mouth is please. Go put your ass on the line for something you believe in.
I simply called you on your hypocrisy. That is all. You constantly bash those who defend this country, without any inkling of what it takes to defend something. Well at least personally and not on some board.

Well, Ive "put my money where my mouth is". Unless you can/will step up...shut the fuck up about things you dont understand.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:46 AM   #23
bumbleroot

I mentioned about why you fight for something you don't believe in and you said you did. You mentioned that you fought without questioning. Pretty anti-American if you ask me.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:23 PM   #24
Alauradana

So Bumble WHERE IS YOUR MILITARY SERVICE? Or do you conveniently NOT believe in any war so YOU shouldn't have to serve??????

IS CLINTON A COWARD?

Come on, why are you afraid to answer?? Might contradict yourself? Grow some cojones. Right now you mouth is writing checks your ass can't cash.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #25
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Alauradana
So Bumble WHERE IS YOUR MILITARY SERVICE? Or do you conveniently NOT believe in any war so YOU shouldn't have to serve??????

IS CLINTON A COWARD?

Come on, why are you afraid to answer?? Might contradict yourself? Grow some cojones. Right now you mouth is writing checks your ass can't cash.
As cowardly as Bush in any case. They both avoided active service in a combat area.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote