Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2004, 09:26 AM   #26
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Inmountains: I just hope you'll be moving to the new Retardopia

I guess you didn't catch the /wink at the end of my napalm quip. Not surprising- you miss a lot of things that are obvious to most sentient beings.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:30 AM   #27
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
I thought the wink was to your buddys up in the 101st so will know to turn off the lights and act like they are away when you show up at the base
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:32 AM   #28
Jelceie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by Gerick
Some of our founding fathers thought that christianity, regardless of being a religion, has a solid foundation to build laws on.
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
George Washington (1732 - 1799)

There was no mention of God in the constitution, and the mention of God in the Declaration was actually added during the editing process in order to make it more appealing to the southern states. The founding fatehrs did not want this nation to be a theocracy, as much as I hate to take a stance on Horm's side of the fence here, you're wrong.

J.
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:34 AM   #29
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic
 
Caoilfhionn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sweet home......
Posts: 686
Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
The most hilarious thing about this is they think this is a new concept.

They're from Tyler, they can go join up with the Republic of Texas guys, they've been around forever.

http://www.republic-of-texas.net/

Free Texas!

They can have it, but if the Cowboys or the Stars ever get decent again, we'll have to take it back.
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:43 AM   #30
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,326
Originally Posted by bumblefootinmouthdisease
You cons look to Bush for your moral leadership. When he provides it and enflames the issue by promoting it in his State of the Union address (remember a constitutional amendment) he pretty much is advocating reactive measures. Strong leadership doesn't advocate divisive measures but inclusive measures.
bumble,

Do you know that your boy, for now, Kerry is against gay marriage too? I guess Kerry is also advocating divisive measures.
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:20 AM   #31
Trith
The lesser of two weevils
 
Trith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 3,490
Send a message via MSN to Trith
Of course they do, Bush is doing far more harm than Clinton ever did
ROFLMAO..I call Bullshit to that stupid statement. The shit we are having to deal with now is a DIRECT result of Clinton's absolute ineptitude as a president. If he had dealt with terrorism when the problem's arose instead of getting his dicked sucked by a chubby intern at the taxpayer's expense we would still have the World Trade Center and 3000+ of our fellow citizens would be alive.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 10:46 AM   #32
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
It all goes back to Monica!!

__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:29 PM   #33
Inmountains
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,501
Woo hoo, being attacked by Hormadood, it's about as challenging as being attacked by an earthworm!!

I could not live in a place like that, I love diversity, even when it is with something I disagree with. I am against abortion, but was married for 12 years to a woman who had an abortion. I am against homosexuality, but have friends, party and work with them. I don't judge or condemn them, nor do I condone them. It is you libs who want to hang together and block out opposing views. I even enjoy the liberals on this board who know how to debate, discuss and reason things out. Its the libs like Horm, Luri, Bumb who all they do is whine that take away from intelligent debate.
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:56 PM   #34
fenoiel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 35
I do find it amusing that the "Liberals" are liberal about everything except a "conservative" expressing his viewpoint. When the conservative voices his opinion they resort to name calling. /boggle
fenoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:16 PM   #35
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by IM
I could not live in a place like that, I love diversity, even when it is with something I disagree with. I am against abortion, but was married for 12 years to a woman who had an abortion. I am against homosexuality, but have friends, party and work with them. I don't judge or condemn them, nor do I condone them. It is you libs who want to hang together and block out opposing views. I even enjoy the liberals on this board who know how to debate, discuss and reason things out. Its the libs like Horm, Luri, Bumb who all they do is whine that take away from intelligent debate.
You need to put up a disclaimer before posting stuff like that IM- I nearly choked to death laughing. You are against homosexuality but claim not to judge or condemn homosexuals for their preferences? Huh? Explain to me how that works. You think they are committing some sort of sin/crime against God and nature yet you remain friends with them? Don't get me wrong- I think your opinion on homosexuality is a horrifically misguided crock of shit- but I'd at least think you'd be consistent.

Since when are liberals interested in blocking out opposing views IM- show me examples of that.

You just don't like me because I can, will, and do call you on your bullshit whenever I feel like it. Speaking of bullshit IM- have any new statistics to share with us today?

You're a known liar kid, and your credibility is zero.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 03:12 PM   #36
Ulujain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: La La Land
Posts: 1,930
Originally Posted by Trith
ROFLMAO..I call Bullshit to that stupid statement. The shit we are having to deal with now is a DIRECT result of Clinton's absolute ineptitude as a president. If he had dealt with terrorism when the problem's arose instead of getting his dicked sucked by a chubby intern at the taxpayer's expense we would still have the World Trade Center and 3000+ of our fellow citizens would be alive.
Where would we have been had George Sr not called a ceasefire on the outskirts of Baghdad? How many more of your fellow citizens would've been alive?
__________________
S.I.G.N.A.T.U.R.E.
Ulujain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #37
fenoiel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 35
Hormadrune you are the one who is misguided. I personally think abortion is horrific however I would never presume to tell someone else they shouldnt do it. Everyone has differant feelings on every subject. Because his is differant from yours he is wrong? You can extend the homosexuality thing a bit further, I personally find it repulsive, however I don't care what another person does. It is their life and their business. I have gay friends but the thought of suckin some guys dick makes me gag. (irony) Because you don't agree with something doesnt mean you are telling others not to do it. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with pornography but I don't watch it because its not my thing. There a thousands of things that fall into that realm. I believe that a person should be allowed to do whatever they please as long as it doesnt interfere with others. However because they have the right to do it does not mean I have to embrace it.
fenoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 05:49 PM   #38
Foust Farseer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,406
the problem with that statement is that some people are deadset on believing that 2 men getting married does interfere with them.

either way, gays should be allowed to be married, none of this civil union bullshit. marriage existed before catholicism made it a sacrament.

let the churches decide if they will marry gays or not. they seem to think that if gays were allowed to be wed that by law they would have to comply if such a couple chose their particular church.


i think that is one of the misconceptions surrounding this.
__________________
"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
Foust Farseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:58 PM   #39
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by Fenoiel
Because his is differant from yours he is wrong?
Clearly you haven't followed IM's little crusades against homosexuality on these boards, including posting horrifically bogus statistics in order to villify and demean homosexuals. Only a fool would buy into his whole "Oh I've got gay friends and they love me- everyone loves me. I have a genius IQ!" act.

Look, I don't much enjoy the idea of sipping from a cock faucet either, but I don't try to withhold basic rights and protections of citizenship from people based on their sexual preferences- whereas the Inmountains, Triths, and Chukzombies of the board are all in favor of doing so.

Originally Posted by Foust
let the churches decide if they will marry gays or not. they seem to think that if gays were allowed to be wed that by law they would have to comply if such a couple chose their particular church.


i think that is one of the misconceptions surrounding this.
A good point often ignored by the cons here
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:37 AM   #40
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
Some of our founding fathers thought that christianity, regardless of being a religion, has a solid foundation to build laws on.

Jefferson and jackson both had something along the lines to say, We may seperate church and state, but these freedoms wont work without morality, and that is what christianity is.
Jackson wasn't a founding father, and here is part of a letter Jefferson wrote;

The Christian priesthood, finding the doctrines of Christ levelled to every understanding and too plain to need explanation, saw, in the mysticisms of Plato, materials with which they might build up an artificial system which might, from its indistinctness, admit everlasting controversy, give employment for their order, and introduce it to profit, power, and pre-eminence. The doctrines which flowed from the lips of Jesus himself are within the comprehension of a child; but thousands of volumes have not yet explained the Platonisms engrafted on them: and for this obvious reason that nonsense can never be explained."
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 05:50 AM   #41
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
I'll just stay here in Georgia. When they announced that the ban on gay marriage passed the senate and will be put out for the people to vote on in November, they were interviewing some gays. Several said "We're moving, we don't want to live in a bigoted state".

No reason for me to move to South Carolina I already live in a state that trys to uphold moral values.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 06:44 AM   #42
Gerick
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 359
why do so many ignore "regardless of being a religion, has..."

They were saying it may not of been the model religion, and they were not saying it was wrong or right, they were saying it had a good starting point for people to learn morality

And did i say jackson was a founding father? i used his proper name instead of "founding fathers" as second time so there would be no doubt in my meaning, i guess you just didnt take the time to really understand the context
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:02 AM   #43
fenoiel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 35
I have to laugh when someone says "uphold moral values". Whose morals? Whose values? Therein lies the problem.
fenoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 08:20 AM   #44
Caelie123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by fenoiel
I have to laugh when someone says "uphold moral values". Whose morals? Whose values? Therein lies the problem
and I have to laugh when someone has to ask whose morals and whose values. If you have to ask, then you have none and thats where the real problem lies.
__________________
Caelie
65 Human Cleric
Caelie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:25 AM   #45
Maximus Faticus
Registered User
 
Maximus Faticus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,291
So what founding fathers were you talking about?
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:47 AM   #46
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
I love how open-minded Caelie can be. I just wish we'd met at another time, another place, I could see a beautiful romance between us...
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>

Last edited by Hormadrune; 05-26-2004 at 04:35 PM. Reason: I don't know how to use ingrish?
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #47
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!
 
Flub Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Geaux Tigers
Posts: 3,326
You know angry love can be a beautiful thing.
__________________
Dirty Ol' Flub <retired>
My Sports Blog

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 10:34 AM   #48
Muertissimo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
Neat, so if this takes place then religious extremists of all types will have a nice staging area for divine retribution into the US of Satan. Complete with their own seaport and all. I say let em have it, then proceed with Operation Hormapalm.
__________________
Muertissimo Drachmarr
Pain Dread Blood Lord......Thingy
Proud member of Greylords
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)


"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:06 AM   #49
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by Muert
Operation Hormapalm
I sometimes conduct my own Operation Hormapalm when the wife-to-be is out of town visiting family
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #50
Foust Farseer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,406
religious fundamentalism to angry relationships to masturbation in 2 pages.




My work here is done.
__________________
"Any people that would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserves neither liberty nor safety."
-Benjamin Franklin
Foust Farseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:41 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.