Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2004, 12:40 AM   #1
Foust Farseer

Default You crazy ass christians...

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38571

TESTING THE FAITH
Christians look to form
'new nation' within U.S.
Same-sex marriage called last straw prompting plan for 1 state to secede

Calling the approval of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts "the straw that broke the camel's back," a group of Christian activists is in the beginning stages of an effort to have one state secede from the United States to become its own sovereign nation.

"Our Christian republic has declined into a pagan democracy," says Cory Burnell, president of ChristianExodus.org, a non-profit corporation based in Tyler, Texas. "There are some issues people just can't take anymore, and [same-sex marriage] might finally wake up the complacent Christians."

Burnell is leading the charge for a peaceful secession of one state from the union, and after originally considering Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina due to their relatively small populations, coastal access, and the Christian nature of the electorate, Burnell says South Carolina has been selected as the target location.

The plan initially calls for at least 12,000 Christians willing to be active in political campaigns to move to the Palmetto State.

"We're not an invading force, we're reinforcements," Burnell tells WorldNetDaily, saying it would be a waste to move to liberal-minded states such as Massachusetts, New York or California where conservative votes would be diluted.

According to the ChristianExodus website, which is slated for a major relaunch next month, "Christians have actively tried to return our entire land to its moral foundation for more than 20 years. We can categorically say that absolutely nothing has been achieved. If you disagree, consider this:

* Abortion continues against the wishes of many states

* Children may not pray in our schools

* The Bible is not welcome in schools except under strict federal guidelines

* The 10 Commandments remain banned from public display

* Sodomy is now legal and celebrated as 'diversity' rather than perversion

* Preaching Christianity will soon be outlawed as 'hate speech'

* Gay marriage will be foisted upon us in the very near future

"All these atrocities continue in spite of the fact that we now have the 'right' people in places of power. Indeed, the occupant of the White House is a professing Christian. The U.S. attorney general is believed to be a devout Christian. 'Conservatives' control both Houses of Congress, and Republican presidents appointed seven of the nine Supreme Court justices."

The idea of moving thousands of people to affect the voting in one state is not new. As WorldNetDaily has previously reported, the Free State Project has goals of restoring certain personal liberties and limited government but without seceding from the union. Last year, a group of 4,500 libertarians decided New Hampshire would be the best state.

S. Carolina state flag

Burnell, a math teacher and cell-phone dealer, stresses he's not looking for bloody battles that took place in the American Revolution and the Civil War, but is rather seeking a "political divorce."

"It's got to be different today," he says. "It has to be peaceful, brokered."

But he admits if the federal government decides to use military force to stop the effort, "Then it can't happen."

Already a dozen people are actively working on the project, and some 1,500 e-mails of support have been received.

If all goes according to plan, Burnell is hoping to have a constitutional convention by 2014, with a president of the new nation still to be known as South Carolina elected in 2016, which is also a presidential election year in the U.S.

He says the nation would be founded on Christian principles, and the people writing its constitution would have to hash out details to safeguard it as a Christian republic.

For now, Burnell prefers to shy away from specifics on the precise laws governing the country.

"Independence first, details later," he says.
Old 05-25-2004, 01:13 AM   #2
Gerick

I think that these guys should get togeather along with the freestate group, pool their money and buy alaska, rather then trying to overwelm the votes from the state etc.

I see no problem with them going off and doing their own thing, it doesnt really affect me, but they should be ready to pay full market value of everyone they piss off to the point they move out.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
ShardmoonVer.1

Considering most of Alaska is owned by the US Government and Native groups, that probably wouldnt work out. What they need to do is go to Iraq and get on with their missionary work. Its a win win proposition for the genepool. We can even air lift ammo in and suggest new and interesting ways for them to send each other to their makers.

What a glorious day that will be, when they walk hand in hand with God. The sooner the better.
Old 05-25-2004, 02:08 AM   #4
Gerick

You're twisted, and if I were in the goverment I would probibly have to say you're hired
Old 05-25-2004, 02:17 AM   #5
AtticaX'Layan

Default Alaska

If they were wise and wanted to alienate themselves from society which they view as evil, and in many ways it is, I'd aim for the Pacific. There are thousands of islands covered with nothing, but habitable.

It is like calling the Amish ignorant. They just don't want to to live in a society they believe is corrupted with evil. I respect Amish folks, even being a Catholic. They live off the land and keep to themselves, making contracts with one another. Self sufficient and living a hard, but honest life.

I don't know about taking S.C., but if they want land, it is out there. Will take a lot of work to set it up though. Would need folks of every profession and countless donations.
Nuzzley Bardstomper
AtticaX'Layan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:48 AM   #6
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

You guys aren't really taking this seriously, are you?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 04:55 AM   #7
Gerick

No one thought israel was anything but a joke to start with.... if you have a problem with it speak up before it is its own nation
Old 05-25-2004, 05:08 AM   #8
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Well...as wierd as it sounds this is the kind of thing that happens when you force perversion and immorality on people that do not want or deserve it. Although it won't happen..I can't say I blame them much for wanting to try it. Would be a great way to get away from the sickness that our society has been spreading recently.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:02 AM   #9
Gerick

It can be accomplished but they need to be watchful of people who are overly radical, they would drive others away and cause legal problems.

The new nation would probibly be amish+electricity
Old 05-25-2004, 06:16 AM   #10
Sarrin Kanth

Send a message via AIM to Sarrin Kanth
I would move to south carolina if this happened.
Sarrin Kanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:18 AM   #11
bumbleroot

Calling the approval of same-sex marriage in Massachusetts "the straw that broke the camel's back," a group of Christian activists is in the beginning stages of an effort to have one state secede from the United States to become its own sovereign nation.
Hey cons, wouldn't it be great if presidential strongman George W. Bush's legacy was to create another civil war in this country? Would that be enough to pacify your hatred and bloodlust?
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:42 AM   #12
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Hey cons, wouldn't it be great if presidential strongman George W. Bush's legacy was to create another civil war in this country? Would that be enough to pacify your hatred and bloodlust?
Actually, the only hatred and bloodlust I see is from Islamin estremists...and liberal democrats who hate Bush with a passion. I am serious about this. Liberal democrats hate Bush more than conservatives hated Clinton...it's that obvious.

As for a civil war or secession, it will never happen...but liberal Democrats would love anything, even a US military defeat in Iraq, or a civil war, just for Bush to lose. I don't know any conservatives who would want a civil war.

As for the Christians in this story, they are not making an attempt at fulfilling the "great commission"...instead they are wanting to create an island for themselves. These are misguided Christians. There are those who are misguided in every group...and those who are not. You cannot generalize when describing a group of folks.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 06:49 AM   #13
Gerick

Way i see it is as it is bad enough americans want to have an exodus because of lack of rights, but now another group is so sick of the lack of morality that they decide to exodus themselves as well?

dark days m'lord

dark days indeed
Old 05-25-2004, 06:51 AM   #14
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
What exactly does this have to do with Bush? Some Christians are reacting to same-sex marriages, something Bush is opposed to, yet it's somehow his fault? And the only hatred I see around here is you hating Bush. You know, I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so comical.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 07:25 AM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

This would be comedy genius.

By the way- I'm volunteering to fly the first napalm run when we retake the area
Old 05-25-2004, 07:32 AM   #16
Ulujain

Originally Posted by Gerick
No one thought israel was anything but a joke to start with.... if you have a problem with it speak up before it is its own nation
Really? Name a country or organization that thought the creation of Israel was a joke.
Old 05-25-2004, 07:54 AM   #17
Sakkath

Originally Posted by Martigan
Liberal democrats hate Bush more than conservatives hated Clinton.
Of course they do, Bush is doing far more harm than Clinton ever did.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:27 AM   #18
bumbleroot

Bush is opposed to
Well Gee that right there says it all.
You cons look to Bush for your moral leadership. When he provides it and enflames the issue by promoting it in his State of the Union address (remember a constitutional amendment) he pretty much is advocating reactive measures. Strong leadership doesn't advocate divisive measures but inclusive measures.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:29 AM   #19
fenoiel

Why don't we create a country so all the fags can cornhole each other in peace? /duck
fenoiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #20
Inmountains

Very nicely put Martigan. I have to agree that in addition to the Islamic Extremists, the most HATE on this board is from the Liberal Democrats towards Bush and his supporters. We Conservatives have a set of beliefs that we stand for and support. This drives you Liberals nuts, even to hatred. All the celebrity liberals claiming they will MOVE OUT of the US if Bush were elected, well, they are ALL still here, the wimpy folks that they are. I really feel sorry for you libs, no moral compass, no ethical standards, everything has a 'gray' area! Conservatives have many "absolutes" in which we believe, but we also understand and respect opposing views, even when we vehemently oppose them. When you Libs oppose them, like Horm said, you want to NAPALM the opposition. In the original post, did they say anywhere that they want to be violent, to be bloody, to be warlike? NO! But you libs are the ones mentioning violence! You truly have a sad existence and want to eliminate those who oppose you. Hmmm, who else does that sound like?
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #21
Gerick

Originally Posted by Ulujain
Really? Name a country or organization that thought the creation of Israel was a joke.

people were kicking the idea around thinking nothing would come of it, then someone who though it was a good idea to piss off an ass load of Muslims pushed it through.

if you notice they are not talking civil war, so you can shove that napalm plane up your ass horma, we all know you would like the rich burning sensation this is a prime example of why many states joined the union with the understanding they are free to succeed when they feel the union no longer represents or supports them, you getting pissy over a group exorcising their rights is really childish.

Oh and for fuck sake don't call bush a con, he only uses that title to titillate himself, we all know he couldn't conserve shit, and we all know he was a bonesmen worshipping some dirty hoe of a goddess in his little frat, we all know he could give a flying fuck about conserving resources or protecting the enviroment or city air standards, his slogan was just a banner to get votes and his actions prove how far off his little battle cry of compassionate con really was, and him being Christian? dont make me laugh, the mother fucker went to china and clapped his hands to scare the Shinto<sp> demons from the shrines while he was with their leader, Christians know that you don't fuck around with other religions unless you want a thunderbolt in your ass, i am really sad that bush thinks he is religious and that others believe him.

I don't have any love for any party, they all lie and they are all shadows of their former glory, and they all say their are this or that, but don't stick to the principles of their party

Last edited by Gerick; 05-25-2004 at 09:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:04 AM   #22
Jelceie

Originally Posted by Ulujain
/hijack
Unfortunately, people all over the world still view Israel as a joke. The Middle Eastern countries have refused, on many occasions, to recognize Israel as a soverign nation and award rights they are due as such.
/hijack off

Back on track.
I personally don't care if Carolina secedes from the Union. If we move all the crazy Christians to one part of the country and let them do whatever.. then.... who cares? It's their prerogative.

J.
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 09:05 AM   #23
Foust Farseer

I seem to recall that we live in a democratic society. Full of people from many different cultures, of many different religions.

These people seem to want a theocracy where every law and policy comes straight from the ethereal mouth of their god. I really think this country would be better off without them pissing in our gene pool. But I don't think our government will let them take South Carolina.

We are teh land of teh free. Not teh land of christianity.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:08 AM   #24
ShardmoonVer.1

No way should South Carolina be allowed to break off and form their own nation. It would cut down on the number of references to the name Gamecock on ESPN and none of us wants that.

On the serious side, these guys want to be American, but dont want the actual democratic process. If they were seriously opposed to the liberalization of this country then they would be moving far far away from us heathens.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:10 AM   #25
Gerick

Some of our founding fathers thought that christianity, regardless of being a religion, has a solid foundation to build laws on.

Jefferson and jackson both had something along the lines to say, We may seperate church and state, but these freedoms wont work without morality, and that is what christianity is.

They want to be like the amish, but with power and hospitals and cars

basically they want more control over their laws, like the liberty group that wants to set up in another state, they want to repeal the laws allowing the slime of the earth to set up shop, while the liberty group wants to repeal slime like the patriot act.