Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #26
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
How is that not what I said?

Whether the legislature has the right to enact this type of law, not whether or not the law itself is a good one.

It's the legistlature's job to enact laws. It's the Judicial's to determine whether or not they're good (ie, Constitutional). Not meaning to split hairs, but that's about the gist of it.

We're pretending the 14th covers sexual preference when it clearly doesn't. We don't like this law, so we want it gone, even if we have to bend the constitution through hoops?

How does the 14th not protect everything not mentioned explicitly in the Constitution? The 9th pretty much covers that.

If you don't like the law, elect people who will change it.
And if the law is Unconstitutional, the judiciary needs to strike it down. I'm not saying that this law is or isn't. I don't really care. I'm speaking strictly on a Constitutional interpretist basis.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #27
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Beal View Post
Right click on the image. Choose properties. Highlight and copy the image URL. Paste that URL in your post using the image button. (Or just place it between IMG and /IMG operators.)

And without further ado, Shard's picture:

You can't post pics here unless you've $donated.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 10-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #28
Misty
Do Not Disturb

This lesbian pair are evilly twisted. They were on a tv story over here, doing all the talking, making all the decisions and taking all the action to pursue hormone blockers. The 'experts' are doing nothing except enabling the lesbian 'parents' and watching it pan out with fascination. That kid is putty in their hands, nothing he/she/it could say is really adding credence to their view because anything he/she/it thinks is contaminated by their influence.

The kid is intellectually handicapped or something, the lesbian couple picked up the ball and ran with it. Somewhere along the way the state must have forgotten who is in charge of social policy concerning kid welfare stuff. There's no grey area, that retard is a kid end of story. His/her/its life is being managed by a pair of 'handlers' who actively shape his/her/its life to their fancy. This creation is their work, I doubt the kid got to here without following a breadcrumb trail.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 10-29-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Funny story, that.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:22 AM   #30
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I seriously forgot that thread. This bizzo made news here around the same time.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:44 AM   #31
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

While I can understand (kind of) an adult or near-adult deciding "I am a woman/man in a man/woman's body", it seems like the worst sort of gender stereotyping for parents to decide "Little Bobby likes baking cookies and listening to show tunes - LET'S CUT OFF HIS PENIS".

(This also applies to the "Is he or isn't she" thread as well, of course)
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:28 PM   #32
Michael Cumberlan

Hey!! I Like eating cookies and playing showtunes ... LEAVE MY PENIS ALONE!!!
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:24 AM   #33
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Michael Cumberlan View Post
Hey!! I Like eating cookies and playing showtunes ... LEAVE MY PENIS ALONE!!!
Speaking of eating cookies, playing showtunes, and penises.... Is Davek still in Australia, or did he get tired of us?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 11-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #34
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I have no idea. Qantas pulled all its aircraft out of service, grounded the fleet and locked out its staff 4 days ago. Yesterday some NGO ("Fair Work Australia") ordered the unions and Qantas into 'talks', and the Airline has been forced to re-commence its worldwide-ops while their dispute is being ironed out.

Now, if that iconic aussie national carrier's corporate brainsnap meant Davek was stranded here, it was a very short 'enstrandment'. Almost every local carrier and international airline jumped on the temporarily abandoned Qantas market share like a drowning man grabs at floating straws, terds, titties, inflatable lifesize dolls etc.

I don't think Davek is out of time yet. There's a lot of micro-breweries and home-brewed beers for him to taste test. Before he gets out of the airport and tours the coastline stuff.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)