Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:38 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default A single tiny shred of sanity in England

The fact that this idiot actually argued that it violated his/her/it's human rights is almost reason enough for me to write off humanity as a whole.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/off...010525_7743553
(NewsCore) - A 58-year-old British transsexual Tuesday lost her court battle over the state-funded health service's refusal to pay for a breast enlargement, which she claimed violated her human rights.
Identified only as "C" for legal reasons, the gender identity disorder (GID) sufferer -- referring to people unhappy with their sex -- has been living as a woman for more than a decade.
Her breasts failed to develop sufficiently following hormonal treatment, leaving her in physical and psychological "limbo."
The transsexual, who is from the Reading area west of London, challenged the local National Health Service branch's refusal to pay for breast augmentation surgery, at a cost of 2,300 ($3,300).
West Berkshire Primary Care Trust said it was not an essential part of GID treatment and there was no evidence it would improve her health.
At the High Court in London, Judge David Bean dismissed her claim for judicial review and refused leave to appeal.
"There was no duty in either public law or discrimination law to classify all treatment and procedures sought by transsexuals as high priority or core procedures," he said.
During the three-day hearing, the woman's state-funded lawyers claimed the refusal violated her human rights and amounted to sex discrimination.
They claimed "C" should not be compared with a woman unhappy with her body image and wanting an operation "for cosmetic reasons."
Her condition meant she experienced distress as "a woman living in a man's body."
There was medical evidence that, without effective treatment, her condition would deteriorate with the risk of self-harm and depression, they had argued.
Why the fuck should the government pay for this?

Oh yeah... Nanny state... Cradle to grave... Bleh!

Get whatever surgery you want, cupcake. Leave Nanny out of it. Dress in high heels and walk around looking like Drew Carey's Brother in his sitcom. Cool. Have fun. Quit being a fucking leech.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

So, being a transsexual is a disorder now? You just gotta love the terminology they come up with these days...."gender identity disorder." How gay.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #3
Davek
Squawk Box

Hmmm this might have possibilities.

I have Income Identity Disorder. I'm really a billionaire trapped in a middle-class body. I demand my money niao!

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote