Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 01:08 PM   #26
SupportTank

thanks beal ive been watching this but missed that one. If this is real bu bye oil.

But more importantly. The middle east will lose all power. and will collapse back in to internal chaos. and any point of being there will be gone. or paying any sort of attention to them will be gone.

If I was a oil company I would be backing this guy hard asap.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #27
Pinkheart

Wouldn't it be amazing if this machine worked?

Wouldn't it be equally crazy if the mystery surrounding it was that it created demonic energy that tore open a gateway for infernal invaders?

You never know!
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #28
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

One of the interesting possibilities of this would be water desalination - which is very energy intensive to do a large-scale basis.

As a bit of a political side-note - I think one of the big problems with Obama's stimulus efforts have been that they've really just been "hole digging/filling exercises". Stuff like today's high speed trains really aren't going to make the US more productive in the long-term compared to our existing infrastructure and will likely wind up costing far more than their worth from the day they're started until the day they're finally shut down. However - near-free electrical energy (E-cat + nation-wide super grid) & near-endless fresh water - that would be worthwhile infrastructure investments.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #29
SupportTank

better then that the unit are small enough for households. and cars. energy grid? why? Other then larger scale manufacturing. you wouldn't need it anymore.

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #30
Drysdale
RSS Feed

I want my Mr. Fusion so I can generate 1.21 gigawatts!
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #31
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
better then that the unit are small enough for households. and cars. energy grid? why? Other then larger scale manufacturing. you wouldn't need it anymore.
Yeah - if they are small size, then no need for a grid (unless there's another reason not to localize them).
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM   #32
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I like the idea, but can see our government killing it as it would put too many people out of work and kill off businesses.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:19 PM   #33
Misty
Do Not Disturb

You know when the problem is 'bubbles' breaking down structural integrity of the containment shield (concrete wall?) something isn't been thought through before reactor construction.

No 'collector' for heavy He2 emissions? Cavitation has been a problem in fluid systems and silent running subs and now 'reactors'. I have only ever been able to visualise cavitation phenomenon even when I have seen technical descriptions in training videos. So I have only been able to suppose what is actually happening. Nearest i would go to identifying the factors are mathematic sequences and series or functions and limits; and Chord because somehow the 'bubble' has a pointy end, the 'Chord' is derived as a principle of the aerofoil effect. Beyond that simplified visual there be dragons. I never did connect the limit of a function (Lim X --> diameter He) I think it was anti-diff or integral calculus related somehow.

As for the E-Cat of Bologna University's A. Rossi, the reaction has to be repeatable by independent tests done by other people. His observations would be 'confirmed' if his claim was true. Otherwise its another myth.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 11-08-2011 at 03:11 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:12 PM   #34
SupportTank

My biggest problem is. this guys got a history. and not a terribly good one. But again from from the point of view that if you let people know how its done. then you have pretty much lost any way of controlling or making real money off it.

My biggest question is this though. If you need to get a patent for it. and they dont want to issue one due to the idea that "well it doesn't appear to follow what we know of the laws of physics"

well then. I gotta say. people have been wrong before about a great many things they thought were the laws of the universe.

but again in this case time will tell. If his plant starts cranking out pretty much free power well then.. ..

70 Warrior - Affliction

Old 11-08-2011, 04:39 AM   #35
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Wow, wouldn't it be neat if technology could finally catch up with the world's demand for energy? You look at the way the economy is going around the world, and the future looks rather dim (no pun intended). However, if this is for real, things brighten up a bit. Would be nice.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #36
Caeelar

Send a message via Yahoo to Caeelar
Originally Posted by Martigan View Post
I like the idea, but can see our government killing it as it would put too many people out of work and kill off businesses.
Actually, that's not true. If businesses can halve there energy costs, it leaves alot more capital for expansion.
Caeelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #37
Caeelar

My issue is how to they intend to transfer that heat energy into something we can use (ie. electrical energy). It was stated that room temp water stops the reaction... not sure how your going to transfer that heat to usable energy.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #38
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Caeelar View Post
My issue is how to they intend to transfer that heat energy into something we can use (ie. electrical energy). It was stated that room temp water stops the reaction... not sure how your going to transfer that heat to usable energy.
Air pistons? Air turbines? just a thought.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #39
Beal

Originally Posted by Caeelar View Post
Actually, that's not true. If businesses can halve there energy costs, it leaves alot more capital for expansion.
Most certainly energy prices have had an effect on the economy over the past several decades. It is probably not a coincidence that the stagflation of the 1970s and the relative weakness of the past several years coincided with high energy prices, while the explosive growth and low unemployment of the 1980s and 1990s coincided with low energy prices.

Last edited by Beal; 11-09-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #40
Caeelar

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Air pistons? Air turbines? just a thought.
Those both kinda rely on the rapid expansion of gasses. If this puts out such a low amount of heat that room temp water can snuff it out... I don't think it's going to rapidly expand anything.