Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 08:24 AM   #26
Ebino

Originally Posted by Lurikeen
You likely missed them because we don't have a crayon font to use in our posts. That's ok though, just go back to reading your Barney the Dinosaur books.
That's what has always been so enlightening about you, Lur. You take criticism so well without feeling the need to resort to baseless and inane personal attacks.
Ebino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:30 AM   #27
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Ebino
You take criticism so well without feeling the need to resort to baseless and inane personal attacks.
Go fuck yourself, Albino. Don't forget your hanky to wipe your sniveling nose.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:35 AM   #28
Ebino

Go fuck yourself, Albino. Don't forget your hanky to wipe your sniveling nose.
Oooh, good one. I'm going to start taking notes.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:51 AM   #29
Lurikeen
Freaky

Originally Posted by Ebino
I'm going to start taking notes.
Do that. Someone shit in my cereal bowl this morning and I am feeling cranky. I'll be sure to crank out more baseless and inane insults for your review.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:53 AM   #30
Ebino

I'll be sure to crank out more baseless and inane insults for your review.
I would expect nothing less. Or more, for that matter.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:58 AM   #31
bumbleroot

You Conservatives are showing exactly how naive you actually are. How do you think Clinton won? How do you think Clinton would get his agenda passed through Republican Congresses and Republican Senates? He would sucker the Republicans into it. That is exactly what the Democrats are doing to Bush and he is too stupid to see it. (Think Brer Rabbit)
The main problem that most people see with the country is the economy and the gap between middle America and corporate America. (Thanks to Howard Dean for bringing that back to the forefront). All polls show this and this is not a subject that is as fickle as polling for candidates. It is a more stable poll because the economic spirit of middle America doesn't change overnight.

The Democrats are making this their issue, while making Bush campaign on Iraq. As long as Bush sticks to Iraq and terrorism he will lose. This is not America's biggest concern even though Bush thinks it is.
The Iraq situation is still muddy. (I can guarantee you that if the Bush administration had been asked last year if they were still in Iraq and still had soldiers dieing today would they have thought it spelled trouble for their campaign, the answer would be yes.) He tried to steal the economic issue back from the Dems last week by claiming that they would add 2. 6 million jobs but that is political suicide and also Bush lost credibility on jobs because his tax cuts did not provide the jobs he promised last year. That is why people are questioning his credibility this year. The problem Bush and the Republican party have is that through deregulation they have helped foster the sending of jobs overseas. The great demise of the modern Republican macro-economic platform.
The reason that Bush is in trouble is that there are structural problems with the economy. He has failed to bring business to the US and has let businesses flee the US. (Clinton brought companies in, thus adding 20mil jobs) That is a structural flaw with Bush's policy. The other flaw is that he believed his tax cut would add jobs and it hasn't. The tax cut is all good and well but I, like most people get about 5 or 6 bucks a paycheck back. That doesn't nearly make me prone to vote for someone nor does it make me or most people happy that we are losing jobs.
The Medicare bill has also backfired on the Republicans. It is seen as a corporate gimme to the pharmaceuticals. This compounded with all of the Halliburton stuff, the energy case before the Supreme Court, the Scientist letter stating how Bush has placed non-scientist corporate interests on scientist advisory boards, all paint Bush and the Republicans as pandering to corporate interests. That is why Kerry was saying "Bush receives more special interest funding". That is why there are going to be negative coattails for Bush. (See the Kentucky Congress special election)
This is a problem for the Bush administration that they are not going to make go away.
The other problems that Bush has is that he is going to try to make this election a cultural issue. The gay marriages issue is being seen as Bush trying to avoid the economy. People don't go to bed at night worrying about gay marriages, they go to bed at night worrying about their jobs. His attempt at saying we were going to add 2.6 million jobs was his attempt at addressing the economic problems. The big problem is that there is no idea of how to address this issue and people know he has no plan. Hence consumer confidence plummeted this month.
And to all of you Republicans, If Bush loses this election, the Republicans have no up and coming stars to take his place. Powell has mentioned his disdain for running for president and Bush losing this one and his father losing before him will kill Jeb's chances. Jeb Bush would signal the end of any links to the Nixon administration (father was head of CIA). This would signal an end to the modern Republican smear political machine.
If Bush does not find an answer to the jobs issue, there is going to be a big win by the Democrats in the fall. That right there is the entire election. As Clinton said before- "It's the economy stupid!"
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:00 AM   #32
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
That's fair Flub: Bush Sr. served with honor and deserves respect in that sense.
Kewl, glad to see that you aren't all bad.

However, his conduct in other affairs, IMO, does make him a lesser man. But you're right- not with regard to military service.
I believe everyone has done things to make them lesser men. IMO his greater actions far outweigh his lesser actions.

Title of notable Bush biography: "Fortunate Son"
That is appropriate. Since they were both National Guardsmen.

Speaking of that song. Who's bright idea was it to make 'Fortunate Son', a war protest song, into an ad for jeans with American flags flying all around? Seems funny to me.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #33
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub Man
Speaking of that song. Who's bright idea was it to make 'Fortunate Son', a war protest song, into an ad for jeans with American flags flying all around? Seems funny to me.
Same deal with Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
Old 02-19-2004, 09:19 AM   #34
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

Same deal with Springsteen's "Born in the USA."
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Was starting to think I was dysfunctional. Or worse....a liberal.

And Horm....I want to thank you and CoI and Affy for the hours of enjoyable reading. Ya'll are killing me!!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #35
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Flub Man
I'm just glad I'm not the only one. Was starting to think I was dysfunctional. Or worse....a liberal.

And Horm....I want to thank you and CoI and Affy for the hours of enjoyable reading. Ya'll are killing me!!!
You're no more liberal than I am conservative. Rest easy

As to the CoI vs. Affy shit.....eesh. I really shouldn't let myself fall into flamefests with 3rd party trolls who are simply looking for entertainment value. I have a few friends in Affy and it's bad enough to constantly be butting heads in game of late, but the board stuff just compounds all that. I'm trying to exercise a little self-control and just leave it be, but as you've seen on this board, that's not exactly easy for me to do

Affy and CoI know the truth- that's all I can say