Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #26
Lurikeen
Freaky

Ahem,

Catcen, when you can walk on water, then you may vehemently renounce another's religion as false.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:17 PM   #27
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
Default /nod Lurikeen

It would also seem that CNJ seems to practice what he claims the Pope is doing, CNJ seems to think he too is infallable.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:37 PM   #28
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

here is a sign from above:

Lurikeen and I actually agree on something!!

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 04:32 PM   #29
Aishen L`Fey
Princess Kooky

Send a message via AIM to Aishen L`Fey
Theo, thank you for well representing your faith and not losing your temper, keeping your cool, and not resorting to name-calling or denouncing the other person. It shows class and thoughtfulness.

Your words reflect well on your faith, and as a non-Christian myself, I am more inclined to listen to your tactful, thoughtful words than those who would condemn you before you've even spoken ill against them.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:15 PM   #30
EmarrFarre

Hehe.....has there EVER been a time in history.....where the Cathoilic Pope has told a military leader on the eve of battle......."Go WITH God"??

Did you expect the Pope (or most any other respectable religious leader) to say anthing different?

EDIT: Theo -- I also, think you reflected, on what most certainly is an explosively controversial topic, rather well. I'm not Catholic, I don't believe in the Pope's representation on earth (the Pontificating and such), but at least I don't want to strangle you after hearing your views.

Last edited by EmarrFarre; 03-21-2003 at 03:21 PM.
EmarrFarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 03:35 PM   #31
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
heh you aren't serious are you farre??

you HAVE heard of the crusades right?? I would venture that since there has been a pope.. they have not only backed but orchistrated NUMEROUS wars..

/boggle
Old 03-21-2003, 04:38 PM   #32
Lallek

Originally posted by EmarrFarre
Hehe.....has there EVER been a time in history.....where the Cathoilic Pope has told a military leader on the eve of battle......."Go WITH God"??

Did you expect the Pope (or most any other respectable religious leader) to say anthing different?

EDIT: Theo -- I also, think you reflected, on what most certainly is an explosively controversial topic, rather well. I'm not Catholic, I don't believe in the Pope's representation on earth (the Pontificating and such), but at least I don't want to strangle you after hearing your views.
lol
Old 03-21-2003, 04:42 PM   #33
Lurikeen
Freaky

Farre,

I suspect they didn't teach much history to you in the Marines. Check out this site. http://www.mrsedivy.com/engrise11.html

Old 03-21-2003, 05:01 PM   #34
hymdall

You wouldn't believe the amount of Corp related history you're required to know before leaving the MCRD.

Obviously Farre never payed attention in the basic history classes during High School.

Hym
hymdall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:25 PM   #35
Hirushi

what are the names of the only two people two win two medals of honor
can you answer that lurk?

no
ok then stfu

oh and even though im not christian ive never had the pure balls to call ANY religion false

But then i guess when you dont have to put those same balls on the line you can say lots of things?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stewart Mill

Hirushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 05:37 PM   #36
Lurikeen
Freaky

General Custer was awarded two Medals of Honor and John Cooper.

STFU? Hirushi? I think you should take your own advice.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:36 AM   #37
Nire

Send a message via AIM to Nire Send a message via MSN to Nire
Here's my basic problem with Catholicism.

(Just a little back ground, I was raised in a prodestant home, so I have a fairly good knowledge of the contents of the bible as I read it a few times, but I wouldn't consider myself practicing atm )

Catholocism is a religeon of deeds. Do this and this and this and you're in heaven. If you read the new testament through, you can plainly see this is not the case. Going to church doesn't make you a christian anymore than going to Mcdonalds makes you a hamburger.

The bible also says you're not to pray to anyone but Jesus/God.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:25 AM   #38
EmarrFarre

Ok.....so......almost a 'millenia' ago, the Pope said something to the effect of "Go with God" during a war. Props for doing your homework. But, with that tact, you didn't have to work so hard, because I'm sure you could find MANY examples of Religious leaders proclaiming that God was 'on their own side'. Hell.....everytime the camel-riding Iranians/Iraqis have ridden across the border over the last few hundred years to make war, I'm sure they probably yelled something like that.

Nice try, but self-proclaiming that God is on your own side doesn't count.

Reading history.....and understanding it.....are two separate things.

Again, did you think (then OR now) that the Pope would say anything different?
EmarrFarre is offline   Reply With Quote