Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
JaileintSausha

Default AA/Plvl sales... Scam?

I've seen a lot of advertisements lately offering to give your toon AA's at the rate of about 100 / day. Now, I'm not the best EQ player in the world, but I don't see how anyone could legally gain 100 AA's in a single day of playing. That would be over 4/hour for 24 hours strait, or 10/hour for a 10 hour day.

Anyone know if this is a scam? They also claim to be able to plvl you from 1 to level 70 in a week. The scam part is that they require you to give them your login and password. I guess they could be just swiping the initial price of the service, robbing all the droppable items from your account, using your account in some nefarious way, or the worst would be to crack into your station account and somehow get your CC number.
JaileintSausha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:22 AM   #2
Vidyne

Any Plvl'er will sort of need your login/password to ..... Plvl your toon. That isn't really a scam, just a risk.

With raiding gear, 4-6/hr isn't unheard of to my knowledge. Very high raiding geared DPS toons could tank most TBS content probably. I've gotten 3-5 AA in a single TBS mission about 35minutes long off lessons of the devoted, so I'd imagine the exp is out there if you find a good spot.

4aa/hour - no problem i'd think with raid-geared and 1000AA+ dps
5aa/hour - pushing it imo without lessons
6aa/hour - I'm starting to have doubts
7-10aa/hour - it seems fishy here.

You do have to give them your name/password, that probably is against the Terms of Service somewhere, but /shrugs.

At max AA/level 75, it's not something that interests me too much
I don't Plvl, just merely stating concepts here, for any soe employees who would get mad.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
Zartuim

I am in the same boat as vidyne.

First and foremost, my wife doesn't even have my account info. So, the chances of me giving a perfect stranger my account info is not even possible.

Second, imo, any legit PL offers would only need to have you sit in a set area and go AFK for however long. If you die /shrug you still only pay for the AA's you've gotten. And, thus you still maintain accout integrity.

Although I am no where close to max aa's, unless it was offered as I stated above, I'd treat it as a form of account theft and would not even consider it.

Now, if someone was to offer say.. 7k per AA.. I would be more than willing to buy that offer for all I'm worth.

/shrug.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
Aramelus

Consider what is needed to get 10aa in 1 hour.

Mobs in Ashengate give between 5 and 6% AA per kill. This means that you need to kill approximately 17 of them to ding an AA, so 170 kills for 10 AA.

There's 3600 seconds in one hour (60s x 60m). So 3600 seconds / 170 = 21 seconds per mob with zero downtime.

If I could hand pick a group from my guild, we could probably achieve that kill rate, or close to it, but with the constant moving around it would be hard to do, as you'd run out of mobs moreso than anything.

That said, I can also tell you that people from our guild aren't running any such service, and I don't think anyone else on the server would be able to pull it off just yet, as they haven't done enough TSS farming.

So if it is true, I'd say it's probably a hack/exploit. With access to Lessons or tradeable exp potions (LoN) it becomes a lot more manageable, but still fairly frantic.

Alternatively, I've seen some stuff on the Sony boards about wizards and their "beam" nukes soloing for ridiculous amounts of exp in Icefall and Direwind with 20+ mob pulls. A toon grouped with said wizard (with lessons running) logging in only for the kills and then logging out right away, could make some serious exp gains too.
Aramelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:56 PM   #5
furo

Trust me this is possible. When the cap was increased from 65-70, toons were dinging 70 by the end of a 36hr period or so, and that was purely in PoF. PoFire is extremely farmable for AA/exp, and even today it is most likely not crowded. You can pull up to 10x mobs at a time in table 2 and with decent gear, easily handle the mobs. Granted, you need access to make this happen, so getting the PLd toon into Pofire takes some serious, serious moving around in lower exp zones to achieve this AA/exp rate.

But, in the end, it can be done.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #6
Trugwa

not gonna correct retards! so fuck it
Trugwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #7
Boiler

Originally Posted by JaileintSausha View Post
Anyone know if this is a scam? They also claim to be able to plvl you from 1 to level 70 in a week. The scam part is that they require you to give them your login and password. I guess they could be just swiping the initial price of the service, robbing all the droppable items from your account, using your account in some nefarious way, or the worst would be to crack into your station account and somehow get your CC number.

In terms of the powerleveing, yes, getting you from level 1 to level 70 with about 250 AA in a week is very easy. As others pointed out, the risk is handing out your account information.
Boiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
Boiler

Wow, I thought the date was more recent than that. Sorry about the thread necro.
Boiler is offline   Reply With Quote