Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2000, 09:43 AM   #1
Namcidem

Default Joeler

Link to original post
pub6.ezboard.com/fchampio...=401.topic

-- pasted --
Im going to do my best to explain this but Im almost in tears and my hands are shaking so Im gonna fumble it a bit. You can judge for yourselves whether Im overreacting.

I grouped with a wood elf warrior named Joeler, she was the leader, in FM fighting giants. We killed a couple, and then she invited 3 others. Out of the first 3 giants we pulled, whether or not you can believe this, one dropped a lumberjack cap and one dropped a forest loop! Let me type real quick the report I sent to the GM's.

Draques has looted a Lumberjack Cap.
Joeler says to the group "Roll on cap."
Joeler has looted a Forest Loop.
You have been removed from the group.
Taking a screenshot...
You told Joeler, "Are we going to roll on loop?!"
Joeler tells you, "No sire"

Then Joeler /quit out.
Now 2 members of our group had died in this battle. We had not agreed to roll on high items, but I think the fact that she said "roll on cap" proves that she wanted to roll on high items. I reported the story to a gm and petitioned. He said that he'd send it to the server GM and that he wasn't sure if anything could be done about it, but that he would do his best, and that at least there was proof. But that was upsetting enough without what happened later. I was brave enough to actually tell the zone not to group with this person, even though I have never before maligned a person to the zone.

I got on later to have some fun with Kharne and try to forget about what had happened. At the bank in Firiona Vie, I got a tell from Joeler asking me to tp her to WC!!! I told her that she had to be kidding and that I was in the group that she had stolen the loop from. She then said to me, "ha ha there's nothing you can do about it" She then SHOWED ME THE F$&#ing LOOP IN TRADE WINDOW and said haha I have a loop and you dont. She emoted /laugh at me over and over and over. Kharne, ever valient, =) was right there and when I gated to get the $&^# away from her he told the zone what she had done. She then went to EC and tried to sell it there. Kharne followed her and told about her to that zone while I /petioned again, this time about her harassment. I reported all the lines of chat about her laughing at me, and this time talked to a different gm, who said the best thing to do was to go with the /reports and he'd give them to the server gm who would be on at 4pst tonight. By this time word had gotten around from Kharne telling the zones and myself and the people I grouped with doing the same. Well, one of them at least. Kharne told her guild officer, which was Oracles Of Fate, I believe, and they said they'd get in contact with me later.
Here's the kicker. While I was talking to the GM, the b$&*^ ran by me AGAIN in Lake zone and emoted /makes a rude gesture at Kemidra. Tillbone tells me that she is going to try to say that I had just joined as the giant died, and that she didn't let us roll for that reason. But one of the people that died, the necro, says he'll stand up for me if I give his name to the gms, because he knew I was in the group the whole time.
Please don't misunderstand. I couldn't care less about the damn loop. I just want that #&^%$&*^%#^&@%#^% punished for what she did. I am so upset, but really glad that everyone I talked to was so supportive, including when I told the zones. Kharne says they were supportive when he did it too.

Anyway, that's my rant. Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. I've never been this upset at someone in the game in my life. I have also let them know on Caster's Realm, since a lot of people read that.

Kemi
One seriously pissed off druid

BTW, whoever it was that said in guild a while ago that they wouldn't want to be on my bad side, Ive just proven them wrong. =) I get so upset when confronted that I just sit here with my hands shaking so badly I can hardly type hehehe

Old 11-01-2000, 12:10 PM   #2
Zarshae ShaeDee

Indeed a sorry tale. Keep up your petitions and make sure at least a couple of people that where grouped with you at the time petition as well. I had a similar thing happened to me when I killed the shin lord and gave a ghoulbane to the group camping it. The foul creature that absconded with it was petitioned by three seperate people and the ghoulbane taken from him by Valtron and given to the rightfull owner. Hopefully your incident will have a similar result.
Zar
Old 11-01-2000, 02:05 PM   #3
Kemidra

Thanks =) It's good to see so many nice people in the game to make up for the people like her. =) And thanks Nam, for forwarding this post here. =) I Hate, absolutely hate, public confrontations or anything of that sort, so it's pretty difficult for me to blatantly malign a person to so many people. I excuse it in this case by knowing that Im doing people a favor, letting them know that this person is out there. And the more I think about it, the more sure I am that she'll be in trouble with Verant. If she had just stolen the loop and left it at that, maybe they wouldn't be able to do anything, but since she was foolish enough to harass me later, she sealed her fate. At least, I hope so. =) But it's very, very helpful for me to get the kind of support I've gotten since this went public. =) My guild, the zones that my guild members shouted in... even friends that I had grouped with before and remembered me, all were very supportive and it was nice to kow. =) LoL Im too sensitive, methinks.

Kemi
Old 11-01-2000, 03:14 PM   #4
Tordor

I agree that this is a very frustrating experience. But take heart in the fact that this person has forfieted the trust and respect of the best and finest people on this server. Right now a Forest Loop is important but you will get a pair in time and it will seem pathetic that someone dishonored their self for one.
Old 11-02-2000, 11:54 AM   #5
Arois

I agree its not worth dirtying ones name over --people tend to have a long memory on those that act cruelly towards others. Of course if that doesn't work you can always emote "p!sses on _____" right Tordor?
Old 11-02-2000, 01:39 PM   #6
Aaniudari Arithenne

Joeler has been removed from his guild... Spent a good time last night trying to get into AF... needless to say he is still guildless....
Old 11-02-2000, 07:57 PM   #7
TieroEQ

Heh well whatever level this guy/gal was...I sure hope they are happy they just threw all that away for a what...1k item?

If Joeler reads this board hope they have enough common sense to restart with a different name and not make this kind of mistake again OR goes back to that group and makes things right. Of course what that would take for the poor druid they harrassed...<shrug>

/em places a vote on this fool get his account locked.
/em figures alot less has gotten people locked.

Tiero
Old 11-02-2000, 09:30 PM   #8
Raypierre

Default An apology

For those of you, who do not know me. I would like to introduce myself.
I am RayPierre, lead to the Oracles of Fate. By now you all have a pretty good understanding of what went on that day.
This atrocity has shamed me to no end. And I wish to extend my deepest most sincere apology to Kemidra for all of her pain on this matter.
Rest assured that myself, and the high council of fate are taking full responsibility for the actions of my ex-probationary. And this wrong will be made right.
I have been in contact with all the group members that were involved except for Draques who I apparently keep missing.. And Kharne and Kemidra have spoken with my Arch-Mage Aris.
Although, there is no reasoning with one such as Joeler. And she feels she did nothing wrong. (Even though she has been avoiding me like the plague). Actions have been taken.
And I just got word from her brother, that Joeler will not be adventuring in Norrath for a very long time.
It seems she is having trouble finding a group now.
Her other character Penasite however, is another story and I must get word out to everyone on that one. My high council and myself will be in touch with Kemidra in game to give an in character apology to her and make sure that proper restitution is made.
The Oracles of Fate were forged in the fiery pits of honor and dignity. And I can only hope that with time and the actions of myself, and the high council that this blemish can be put behind us.
It lightens my heart to see so many join together to help improve the quality of life on our server. And I look forward to the chance of meeting with the Champions of Marr under a much happier light.

With honor and dignity may your sword hold true.
And may the light speed you on your journey.

RayPierre Ginzu
Lead Oracle
High Council Of Fate
Ranger of the Surefall
And rightful protector of all that just in the world

Old 11-07-2000, 03:42 AM   #9
kelewala

Default Re: An apology

saw this guy last nite. didnt sow him didnt crack him. everyone else ws buffed tho.
Old 11-08-2000, 01:51 PM   #10
Diluted1

Default Re: An apology

errr
Guys like this make me wanna kill them in Sol B and summon their corpse into the lava in Naggy's room.

No DMF for them.
Old 11-09-2000, 09:22 AM   #11
ShadowWize

Default Go on with your bad self

Damn Ray..... Lead Oracle... sweet.. congrats bro.

Shardmoon
Old 11-11-2000, 11:29 AM   #12
Laoke

Default Re: Go on with your bad self

Raypierre,

/salute

It's nice to see guilds taking responsibility for their members actions.

Laoke
Old 11-15-2000, 10:37 AM   #13
Measie

Default *sigh* My Mission is to make Joeler's life hell...

Unfortunately, I've had a run in with Joeler also, and while its not nearly as major, its what sours people to helping others in need.

While in FV trying to help my enchanter level up a bit, I get a tell from them begging for a port to WC. Because I was having problems with locking up when zoning and due to the fact this was an out of the way request, I requested payment of 20pp, and payment up front. They kept insisting they would pay after port (note: I normally will port folks for free, but this time I really needed the cash).

They insisted they would wait at the ring if I had to reboot when I zoned. Well, I zoned, and locked up as I expected, when I get back on Joeler, is not there, I send them a tell and they are in EC, and tell me to 'come to the tunnel if I want my payment'.

While its not a big deal, it shows that they are not a person of their word, and its made me decide to stop porting people that I do not already know through having grouped with, or assisted. Likewise, no longer will my enchanter be handing out free crack, and when my cleric can res, that too will be restricted to known people.

It is people like Joeler that ruin the game for us all. But their just deserts are just starting to come. They will someday rue this day.

Measie Bloodfists
Loyal Druidess of Karana
Erollisi Marr.
Old 11-15-2000, 06:59 PM   #14
Raypierre

Default Such a shame

Measie,

It saddens me to hear that you have grown cold like that. But I can see how this could happen.
There is only so long, that you can sit watch "Ninjalooter Dagroupkiller" Running around being a nuisance, before you start thinking the whole server is playing the game for the wrong reasons.
And you are right they will get thier just rewards. I unfortunatley keep running into to Joeler from time to time. And make it point when I can to explain how cowardly he is. But most of the time I don't have to. Someone in the zone usually beats me to it. The only way to combat these people is make their life very hard as you pointed out.
One thing I am going to do is tell everyone I can about this message board to help in spreading the word. Becuase I myself only learned about this about this board the night the I posted the above apology, and I have been playinf for a year now.
Anyway my point is, keep the faith.
Not everyone is here for the delight in the anguish of others.
Don't let the bastards get you down,

RayPierre Ginzu
Lead Oracle
High Council of Fate
Ranger of the Surefall
Old 11-16-2000, 03:33 PM   #15
Diluted1

Default Re: Such a shame

On Nov. 16, Joeler was recruited into Pax Familla... I, being
a member, immediatly recognized his name from this thread, and
passed the info on to an officer who immediatly gave him a swift
boot out of Pax.

Apparently, he says a friend was playing
his character at the time... somehow I doubt that...

Hrmm... if the American Democracy was that efficient, maybe
we'd have a friggin new president.
Old 11-16-2000, 06:50 PM   #16
Raypierre

Default Aye

Yeah I had heard that he was telling everyone that. And when
confronted with the question on what he has done to correct the
situation. And make amends with the people involved. He quickly
changes the subject. Gotta try harder then that to makt things
right.

Ray
Old 11-16-2000, 10:57 PM   #17
Diluted1

Default Re: Aye

I wish I got a /report of him saying that... Verant frowns upon
others playing your account, and they will dish out a nice cold
banning for letting others tinker on your account.
Old 12-01-2000, 05:20 AM   #18
Hymdall

I saw this person in the Commons last nite disputing a claim on the Cloak of Flames' haste effect. Said they had a cloak from camping the item and knew the haste was no where near the claimed 50%.

I'd like to know, where do you camp the cloak? I thought it came from Naggy only.

Hym

Of course then I guess Joeler got mad at everyone for sending her tells. Shouted out for the zone to stop a few times
Old 12-01-2000, 10:31 AM   #19
Nollid Dagunny

If that's the case (dropping from Naggy), a level 30ish character couldn't camp for Cloak of Flames, does this mean that Joeler has another character of higher level that has?

Gheckoh
Old 12-01-2000, 12:10 PM   #20
Surell

No. It just means he is talking out his ass.

Old 12-01-2000, 12:57 PM   #21
xanarus

About the cloak, as far as I know (from everlore) it does indeed drop from Naggy. This guy whom i already dont like just from reading these is, as Surell said, "talking out of his ass."
Old 12-02-2000, 07:54 AM   #22
Diluted1

CoF drops off Naggy or super duper rarely from Ixibalt Fer. In both cases you'll need a bunch of people to kill either.

The Kunark dragons drop them also, but as far as I know MS and Da`Kor arew the only ones who can touch them.
Old 12-04-2000, 08:10 PM   #23
Laoke

<cough>

Storm's Fury can take Talendor and Servilous for sure (we've done it once each : )

Gorenaire is... a little more difficult : )

Laoke
Old 01-17-2001, 05:43 PM   #24
Qool Breeze

Diluted is one witty ass Necro LMFAO. Post more bro

Qool
Divine Grace
Old 01-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #25
NylanEmarr

Just wanted to add my /salute to Raypierre also, nice to see a guild standing up for the actions of its members.