Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2001, 04:08 PM   #1
Saricki

Default Maffo is a thief.

Hey all, greetings to those that know me.

Well, to begin, my grievence is with Maffo. The other night, (1/29/01), I was in EC trying to sell a bunch of junk I had.

Yay.

Anyways, as I was selling, this little dink, Maffo, comes up to me and asks if he could see my Yak and BP (Ry'gor, nothin special). So, being the nice sucke... uhmm, the idi... well, being the person that I am, I consent and let him see the items. Here is where I think my brain went dead. He then asks to see my Wurmslayer, (flags SHOULD go up here, but would seem EQ and Beer didn't mix well), as he was interested in making a trade for one.

/em Takes Grandprize in the World Suckers Grand Prize drawing.

Well, I put that in the window too. Bout 5 seconds later, he cancels the trade, pauses (that pause is him picking up my WS), and then runs off and sends me a tell, "WTF?! I got feared!".

Here is where I go, Uhm....

/em Looks in inventory, packs, containers, general slot.
/em Glares at DWB's in lone General Inv slot.

He then goes afk, and bout uhm... 30 seconds later camps. Of course, I sent the little twirp a tell demanding my WS back. His reply? Anyone care to guess?
"I don't have it, I don't know what your talking about." I then send another tell... "that player is not online" (or somethign like that)

/petition

Bout 10 minutes later, the maggot is back online. I then proceed to tell him, quite colourfully, how I feel about him and his actions. And yes, he's still claiming he doesn't have it.

90 minutes later, I get a reply from my petition... (there were 9 on, along with Valtron, or wized GM). The Guides' answer? Sorry, we can't help.

Log to chat, speak with GM on chat, he tells our "Protectors of EMarr" to expect my petition. At that point, I wanted to speak only with Valtron, as he had been on, and i dont usually expect much help from Guides. Want anything done, goto the ones that matter. Anyways, back to my rant.

I log on, find that Valtron has logged for the night, get brick walled, and decide to cancel my account. (whoops) That done, just for closure, i log back on and finally get a hold of a Senior Guide... Kalir (can't remember exact name, beer kicked in at 100% power=P). Well, she tells me that she will go speak with him.

After a time, she sends me a tell...
"He'll return your Wurmslayer if you apologize to him for all the things you said to him. He says you made him feel really uncomfortable (or somesuch)."

Wah you little bitch. So, since I want my WS back, I.... *shivers* Apologize. Had to do it 3 times. First time, was "battle spam", 2nd time was "he had you on Ignore", and 3rd time... little ass coughed it up to the Guide.

/em Cheer's Guide.

Well, the topper is, he never once apologized to ME for stealing, 2nd, I HAD to apologize to get it back, and 3rd, she agreed he was a little rotten pile of pig shit that. (though she wasn't so colorful in her verbage=))

Well, be wary of the dink, Maffo.

Old 01-30-2001, 06:10 PM   #2
Qool Breeze

LOL.. you sucker

Q Daddy

Old 01-30-2001, 09:43 PM   #3
Saricki

It's the beer I tell you!
Old 01-31-2001, 09:08 AM   #4
Tordor

Thank the Gods you didn't loose the beer. /em shivers

Anyway, that was a pretty interesting scam. I probably would have fallen for it also. I'm surprised that you were assisted in getting your item back. Usually when something falls to the ground you are SOL.
Old 02-15-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
Derrit

Yea he swiped a book of obolous from me in a similar way, but oh well, im the sucker for falling to a scammer. He then proceeded to deny the whole thing. Told the guides but you know how the reply....

<sound of wind blowing>

yea thats right, they never do crap. Ah well...

Derrit Traenem
The Mad ranger
Officer - Chain of Honor
Old 03-01-2001, 08:32 PM   #6
Maff0

Default Issue on that maffo bs

First of all, Saricki is a total liar, it was a friend of mine that took it, after annoying me for about 1hr i finally spammed my friend into giving the damn WS back to him which he finally he admited to having, second of all Derrit, you even said yourself it wasnt me, people started immitating me to do scams, what kind of low crap is that.. i have only 1 character and its named Maffo, i dont have an extra character which derrit says was one of mine when that person had a name way different than that of mine.. People get a life, learn, saricki btw if i did ever take ur ws i would of destroyed the p.o.s. as to see how much u whined to come on here... Talk to me on eq, know me you will know i am no scum that will do such bullcrap like that.

------------------
Maffo fighting back with an attitude!
Enjoy!
P.S. I hope u read this Derrit for you have told me cold heartedly u knew it wasn't me, thats just low, and for you Saricki, Kaleri now likes me cause she knew i didnt have it, you can even ask her, it was my friend that gave it to her.
Old 03-01-2001, 08:37 PM   #7
Maff0

Default just to add something

Derrit at the same time you msged me that supposedly "I" stole ur book i was plvling some fellow guildee, how could i have been their?, im a poor bastard so i couldnt afford 2 computers moreless 2 phonelines, and 2 eq games and accounts.. so get the picture
Old 03-02-2001, 04:36 PM   #8
Derrit

Default taking that back

Only reason I posted that, and that was before I talked to you IG, was because I received /tells from other players telling me that someone who claimed to be you did the same thing to them...

However...

Now it is clear that this person was probably not you. Someone has been going around telling people they are other characters and scamming naive people (yes, I was duped myself). Apparently this scammer has been going around telling people he is xxx's twink or alt and then taking stuff from people (refer to the post 'Aeonellron is a Scammer' to see this).

That's why I havent said anything else about you since that post, because there are scammers going around telling people they are not who they appear to be.

Derrit Traenem
The Mad Ranger
Officer - Chain of Honor