Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #1
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
Default I told ya so...

I don't come here much anymore, but i just had to stop here and remind the 'we attack them there, so they don't attack us here' crowd how idiotic they are. Its faulty logic. Starting a fight at point A, doesn't mean shit about point B. Just look at a few of the plots we have had here lately.

The Fort Hood massacre
The underwear bomber
The times square plot
The Oregan christmas tree plot
The ink cartrige bomb

Sorry, but you guys have been proven wrong.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Shylodog
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't come here much anymore, but i just had to stop here and remind the 'we attack them there, so they don't attack us here' crowd how idiotic they are. Its faulty logic. Starting a fight at point A, doesn't mean shit about point B. Just look at a few of the plots we have had here lately.

The Fort Hood massacre
The underwear bomber
The times square plot
The Oregan christmas tree plot
The ink cartrige bomb

Sorry, but you guys have been proven wrong.
Unfortunately, you've proven nothing. And I realize I'm feeding the Troll here by answering your post. All of these things have happened, and are definitely a result of our offensives elsewhere, but they are not the types of acts we were planning to deter. We certainly have not had another 9/11 scale episode, and we are not experiencing an all-out war on our shores. One of the things we have been concerned with since 9/11 happened.

I won't say you are entirely wrong, but you're definitely not right, either.

Go back in your hole, Heretic. There's nothing to see here.
__________________
Shylodog Wamphyri
66 Arch Convoker
(Retired)

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.

Last edited by Shylodog; 12-13-2010 at 07:58 AM.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #3
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 988
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 AM   #4
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Godwin's 48th law: Using "The underwear bomber" as being a major point for your side means you've lost.
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Yes... because terrorist attacks don't happen in places like Europe...

Oh... Waitaminute....

(Edit: I just realized that I didn't even miss Heretic. At least Bubbles is entertaining in his frothing-at-the-mouth insanity. Heretic's just boring)
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
I don't come here much anymore, but i just had to stop here and remind the 'we attack them there, so they don't attack us here' crowd how idiotic they are. Its faulty logic. Starting a fight at point A, doesn't mean shit about point B. Just look at a few of the plots we have had here lately.

The Fort Hood massacre
The underwear bomber
The times square plot
The Oregan christmas tree plot
The ink cartrige bomb

Sorry, but you guys have been proven wrong.
How many of those were committed by non-US citizens?
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 PM   #7
Heretic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,762
Why does it matter. Terrorism is terrorism.
__________________
bg85 on another forum:
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #8
Shylodog
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Why does it matter. Terrorism is terrorism.
Because homegrown terrorism has been around long before our offensives in Iraq and Afghanistan. You provided a list claiming that our wars were meant to prevent them, but those types of attacks by citizens of the US happen because the perpetrators are mentally defective and no one expected they would happen (or that they would be tried). You could have listed the Oklahoma City bombing on that list.

Your argument still remains invalid.
__________________
Shylodog Wamphyri
66 Arch Convoker
(Retired)

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Heretic View Post
Why does it matter. Terrorism is terrorism.
Because it invalidates your opposition to "we attack them there, so they don't attack us here" stance. When "them" is "us", we aren't over "there".
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #10
Shylodog
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,377
Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
^This. That's what I meant to say. I musta been on some good drugs last night.
__________________
Shylodog Wamphyri
66 Arch Convoker
(Retired)

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #11
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Shylodog View Post
^This. That's what I meant to say. I musta been on some good drugs last night.
Share 'em ya stingy bastard!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.