Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2004, 07:13 PM   #26
Deref

Originally Posted by Fawnii
Hmm if yer Enchy is needed to mez on every pull thats not very effective pulling.
Ah, so you must be into the casual single pull exp mentality. That's cool, but I like to have at least one parked in camp so the exp doesn't slack up.
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Deref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 08:00 PM   #27
korast

An enchy that doesnt mez stuff every pull isnt an effective enchy in my groups. Though i have pleanty of meat to go around, sometimes theres just too much for even me to tank.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 AM   #28
Fawnii

why isnt your puller pulling before mob dies then?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:22 AM   #29
Aarial

Rangers lost pulling abilities with GoD
And i NEVER said rangers CANT pull, I said we got gimped with OoW and GoD.
Refer to the first quote of this post. Those are your very own words stating that rangers lost pulling abilities.

Hmm if yer Enchy is needed to mez on every pull thats not very effective pulling.
Well an Enchanter can nuke, slow, be a buff bot, and several other rolls. However experiences goes much faster if you have one or two parked and fully debuffed while the puller brings a couple more for the same set up. So I would say the Enchanter is quite effective in this role.

However since you know everything about everyclass I guess we should take your world as gospel. (/Sarcasm off)

Try again.. Throws the monkey some more food.

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Retired cause I'm playing WOW!
Aarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:57 AM   #30
Deref

Clearly, Fawnii works at a slower pace than some of us. That's to be expected, I guess. Fawnii's grasp of tactics seems to be rather limited.
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Deref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 06:40 AM   #31
Garoan
At your cervix

Originally Posted by Fawnii
Oh My God.

If I am pulling for exp, and the enchanter doesn't ALWAYS have a mob mezzed in camp waiting for the group to kill it, then I have failed at pulling. If my group ever has stand around waiting for me to bring a mob back to them, I would have to transfer servers, and post here as an all knowing moron.

Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Garoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 AM   #32
Maeel

Originally Posted by FurryCrew
Have to says Pulling in OoW is refreshing as a bard....LDoN made me lazy with Lull/Paci working on much everything. Lots of fun pulling right now in MPG. No new Mez...Luvwens lull doesn't stick on jack...it's back to old skool snare splitting/Highsun splitting.

Certainly pushing my mana regen....realy gotta buy that Extra FT AA....
A blind retarded space monkey could pull singles in MPG. Hell, so could a afk Mage.

Bring back the flagged zones!

Maeel
Maeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #33
jerle

I'm not speaking for every ranger that visits these boards, but Fawnii, can you just stop posting about what rangers can and can't do? Most everything I've ever read from you isn't quite, well make that not even, close to being right as far as what rangers can and can't do.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:20 AM   #34
Catuma

Originally Posted by Oumadar
Your confused, mages are the best DPS class!
True Dat.
Pets + DS + AAs + Nukes + Mod Rods for other casters to keep their DPS up + Malos so everyones' nukes stick + pet gear for other pets/charmed + ubah 1HB = Da pwn DPS.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #35
FurryCrew

Originally Posted by Maeel
A blind retarded space monkey could pull singles in MPG. Hell, so could a afk Mage.

Bring back the flagged zones!

Maeel
You kidding right? I'd like to see a mage single pull some of the small rooms with 5-6 mob in them (where named pop) in MPG....and there are quite afew of these "circle" rooms in MPG.

You're just talking about clearing or fighting your way to a camp sure...but if you think a mage or any random class you have that turns up can consistently pull singles in MPG then you're smoking crack....or you haven't seen much of MPG other than LFG @ zonein...
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #36
Khael

Originally Posted by Catuma
Pets + DS + AAs + Nukes + Mod Rods for other casters to keep their DPS up + Malos so everyones' nukes stick + pet gear for other pets/charmed + ubah 1HB = Da pwn DPS.
Uh, the only part of that list that counts as the mage's DPS is the pets, the nukes, and the "ubah 1HB".
Old 10-05-2004, 02:03 PM   #37
Caoilfhionn
Erotic, exotic & a little psychotic

Send a message via ICQ to Caoilfhionn Send a message via MSN to Caoilfhionn
Didn't you know that as an enchanter I get to count DPS for anyone that I cast crack or haste on, Khael?

Clearly, enchanters are on top.

/cough
Caoilfhionn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:05 PM   #38
Eskimo

Send a message via ICQ to Eskimo Send a message via AIM to Eskimo Send a message via Yahoo to Eskimo
Shaman slow = dps because you're not just slowing the mob, you are slowing TIME ITSELF. And that means the dps the mob doesn't do to people is added to the shaman's dps. Of course.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:08 PM   #39
Catuma

Are we discussing Pulling or DPS here? IMO Pulling has little to do with class, and more to do with skeelz. True, a non pulling class is at a great disadvantage, but I've seen enchys and clerics pull just as well as monks and rangers under different conditions. Sks and Necros pull some zones great, other zones Wizzys are just as effective. Obviously as you progress into the higher end zones, a skilled puller is required. Hell, back at level 62 I pulled in BoT as fast and as well as anyone. Can I do that in Ikkinz? Prolly not.. I'm sure we can all think of a zone where 1 class is better than another, such as non-lul zones. I will stand by my original statement, you need the skeelz to pay da beellz.

Back to DPS. Mages pwn, kkthnx.
Can't touch this.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:16 PM   #40
FurryCrew

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Shaman slow = dps because you're not just slowing the mob, you are slowing TIME ITSELF. And that means the dps the mob doesn't do to people is added to the shaman's dps. Of course.
I'm sorry Eski...that made WAY WAY too much sense compared to the original post it came from
FurryCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:23 PM   #41
Eskimo

Send a message via ICQ to Eskimo Send a message via AIM to Eskimo Send a message via Yahoo to Eskimo
Does this help?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php...01-06-22&res=l
Old 10-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #42
Catuma

Originally Posted by Caoilfhionn
Didn't you know that as an enchanter I get to count DPS for anyone that I cast crack or haste on, Khael?

Clearly, enchanters are on top.

/cough
I consider DPS for extended XP groups. I dont care how good someone calculated DPS is if they keep running out of mana, or go AFK regularly or are slow to react etc... When I am putting together a tables group for example, I won't invite people who don't produce high DPS over the duration of the group.

If you consider a groups total DPS over a 3 hour period, chain pulling, you need to consider downtime. An ench not only provides a DC pet, but also reduces downtime, therefore improves overall DPS. Obviously enchy haste also improves DPS.

Eskimo is right also.. if a Shammy's slow reduces the amount of heals and keeps the cleric from having to take med breaks, then over that same 3 hour period of time, their slow have improved groupd DPS. Also shammy debuff will help nukes land, and should be considered.

Khael, I am curious why you dont consider damage shield part of overall DPS that a mage/druid bring to the table? I've heard the argument that those stats are hard to calculate, but over a medium length fight, that DS can do over 1.5k worth of damage. Its not much in the EPs, but its still Damage. no?
Old 10-05-2004, 02:51 PM   #43
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
It's not Catuma!

Catuma... Caoilfhionn and Eskimo were being facetious.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:30 PM   #44
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Originally Posted by Eskimo
That reference ALONE is worth 300 dps.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #45
Catuma

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X
It's not Catuma!

Catuma... Caoilfhionn and Eskimo were being facetious.
OMG I'm adding that to my signature.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:18 AM   #46
Maeel

Originally Posted by FurryCrew
You're just talking about clearing or fighting your way to a camp sure...but if you think a mage or any random class you have that turns up can consistently pull singles in MPG then you're smoking crack....or you haven't seen much of MPG other than LFG @ zonein...
Nope, haven't seen much of MPG at all. Theres lots of places named pop that doesnt require single pulling from the circular rooms. Matter of fact the spots people camp the most for named requires 0 effort pulling singles. Hold on, let me get my crack pipe. Btw theres only a couple circular rooms in there where proximity aggro doesnt work to single pull with no effort. But as I said, not much time grouping there...

Btw I was enjoying exp'ing in this zone until tools like you relized where it was. Really never thought I would say it but damn, I miss flagged zones.

Your turn buckwheat...tell me more about MPG...I need to learn sometimes.
Or maybe its you who is getting schooled by the looks of this thread.

Maeel
Old 10-06-2004, 05:22 AM   #47
Maeel

Also, just to enlighten you, named pop all over MPG, theres at least a dozen of them, if you think theres only a couple in a couple rooms you need to do a bit of exploring. Most nameds are easily single pulled. But to a expert like you you already know this. Facts > you.

Maeel
Old 10-06-2004, 06:00 PM   #48
Suumabard

but over a medium length fight, that DS can do over 1.5k worth of damage
So either in your fights, the mobs hit you like 8 times, or you're using...O`Keil's Radiation?

I can't find the Concert Hall ds parses, but I seem to remember them being several tens of thousands, not one and a half.
Suumabard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:40 PM   #49
Noprobs

Make your enc pull.... While the ranger/bard/monk/non-enc is pulling they are not doing any dps. Have the enc stack the pulls, mez the mobs in camp, slow them and blur them.

Enc is probably one of the best xp group pullers as it puts them in control of the fight form start to finish. It alows the the other 5 in the group to focus on the mob that is being killed. When that's dead there is the next one, already slowed, and the tank only need sneeze for agro.

Works for me )

Nop)
Noprobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 11:49 PM   #50
Langree

Send a message via AIM to Langree
Nopers has always killed himself more then he kills me, so it's all good.

You have been knocked unconcious!
You have been slain by a door!
Returning to home point, please wait...
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote