Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Santorum?

Not as bad as Romney, but not as good as a sharp stick in the eye....

(edit: But any of them are better than Obama)
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
All I ever heard anyone say about Santorum last year was the Google search thing because he pissed off the wrong people. Now he's apparently really popular?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

I looked through a bunch of news articles to try to find out where he stands on the issues, and couldn't find a single mention of anything. But that says more about the media than him - I couldn't find mention of anything of substance about any of them, other than Time.com had a decent Q&A with Ron Paul.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

He's one of the few that would make me vote for Obama (Palin, Perry, Bachmann the others of recent note).

Iowans picked Huckabee 4 years ago. They love a social issues knuckledragger.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Being better than Obama isn't exactly a badge of honor. Because of our fucked up primary system lots of Americans are going to have to hold their noses to vote. That just don't seem right.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
SupportTank

Your best bets perry. Experience and has and a good track record. Santorum? not a clue.

edited for sp and fuck you ALL! => er oh wait... you are so fucked! there we go.

Oh and brigiid yer not here remember?

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?

Last edited by SupportTank; 01-05-2012 at 07:30 AM.
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
A good rack record, huh? So many comments, so little time.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #8
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
I was thinking that earlier Brigiid but like you I said it's too easy!

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:33 AM   #9
Brigiid

And with him it might not be a typo.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #10
ShardmoonVer.1

I heard he once racked 41 guys in a single day while visiting his fathers hunting camp.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
Brigiid

Wow, I totally misread Support's post. It was much funnier in my head!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #12
Lith Ahntalon

Send a message via AIM to Lith Ahntalon Send a message via Yahoo to Lith Ahntalon
I honestly think, that conservitives ( not to be confused with Republicans) are rebelling against what Republicans want to put up as a candidate. Rommney seems to be what the Republican political machine wants to put up. While he has maintained solid numbers, he has had more than a few candidates outshine him early on. He is McCain 2.0.

Rommney is most likely going to get the nomination, he has the political machine behind him and right now conservitives will take almost anything to get rid of Obama. With that said, if the Republicans win the White House this year, they better really look long and hard at thier conservitive base. This string of front runners over Rommney is telling them, we are tired of the establishment and you better pay attention or we are going to come and bite you in the ass in 2014 and 2016.

As a side note, no candidate has won the Presidency without winning the South. Rommney as a Mass. Republican is veiwed somewhere close to left of center by a large number of southerners. He better start pounding out a more conservitive message if he wants the South.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
Pinkheart

Originally Posted by Lith Ahntalon View Post
I honestly think, that conservitives ( not to be confused with Republicans) are rebelling against what Republicans want to put up as a candidate. Rommney seems to be what the Republican political machine wants to put up. While he has maintained solid numbers, he has had more than a few candidates outshine him early on. He is McCain 2.0.

Rommney is most likely going to get the nomination, he has the political machine behind him and right now conservitives will take almost anything to get rid of Obama. With that said, if the Republicans win the White House this year, they better really look long and hard at thier conservitive base. This string of front runners over Rommney is telling them, we are tired of the establishment and you better pay attention or we are going to come and bite you in the ass in 2014 and 2016.

As a side note, no candidate has won the Presidency without winning the South. Rommney as a Mass. Republican is veiwed somewhere close to left of center by a large number of southerners. He better start pounding out a more conservitive message if he wants the South.
..and he's a Mormon >.>

Like it or not, that means something here.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
..and he's a Mormon >.>

Like it or not, that means something here.
All of the conservative right needs a refresher course in Mormonism.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #15
Pinkheart

Originally Posted by Rheaton View Post
No thanks... and I laugh at the hypocrasy of a group that decries gay marriage citing such absurdities as marrying multiple people supporting a Mormon for President... although I know quite a few Christians who are more willing to accept gay marriage than a Mormon President... which is interesting. No magical underwear for them, I suppose.

Oh and Santorum is an incredible moron to the point of being dangerous to the country.

Liking him just because he's "not Obama" should qualify you for handicapped parking.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:58 AM   #16
Wildane

Originally Posted by Rheaton View Post
No, they need a firm grasp on the idea of the separation of church and state. In this country, a man's religion shouldn't matter. I don't care if he's a Mormon, Scientologist, Buddhist, Muslim (gasp!), whatever, as long as he's got good ideas where to take our country. Anyone who believes man cannot solve his own problems without help from a higher power (which, according to free will, isn't being provided anyway), doesn't have a lot of faith in himself, in my opinion. Hell, Bush did what he believed the Lord wanted him to do and look where that got us. Faith is no cure for stupidity.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
No, they need a firm grasp on the idea of the separation of church and state. In this country, a man's religion shouldn't matter. I don't care if he's a Mormon, Scientologist, Buddhist, Muslim (gasp!), whatever, as long as he's got good ideas where to take our country. Anyone who believes man cannot solve his own problems without help from a higher power (which, according to free will, isn't being provided anyway), doesn't have a lot of faith in himself, in my opinion. Hell, Bush did what he believed the Lord wanted him to do and look where that got us. Faith is no cure for stupidity.
Clinton did the same with HIS almighty God (aka the pussy)
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-09-2012, 08:14 AM   #18
Pinkheart

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Weaksauce.

The best response is some comment about Clinton chasing skirts, which has nothing to do with policy making.

The problem with Clinton is that the skirt he chased didn't belong to someone like Marilyn Monroe.

He went about the whole thing wrong, and without class. We expect more out of our President. If the Republicans can generally keep their affairs discreet, even with male interns, the President should conduct his with some dignity.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 AM   #19
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Weaksauce.

The best response is some comment about Clinton chasing skirts, which has nothing to do with policy making.

The problem with Clinton is that the skirt he chased didn't belong to someone like Marilyn Monroe.

He went about the whole thing wrong, and without class. We expect more out of our President. If the Republicans can generally keep their affairs discreet, even with male interns, the President should conduct his with some dignity.
Except that he was chasing skirts on the clock and then committing perjury when asked about it by a Congressional committee.

Oh yeah, you forgot about the perjury, didn't you?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #20
Wildane

Yes, and he denied his god, so I guess you could say he's the Peter in more than one sense.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Pinkheart

Except that he was chasing skirts on the clock and then committing perjury when asked about it by a Congressional committee.

Oh yeah, you forgot about the perjury, didn't you?
Wouldn't have gotten that far if he had done it right... and it depends on your definition of "perjury"...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #22
Wildane

Wouldn't have gotten that far if he had done it right... and it depends on your definition of "perjury"...
According to Slick Willy, it depends on your definition of "sexual relations."