Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default Is EQ going to shut down?

DBG's parent company had its assets frozen. Could this be the beginning of the end? I thought it would make 20 years.

By the way, I'm all comfy in my office in Iraq getting ready for bed. Maybe Blizzard will buy EQ... wishful thinking.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Hi ya Martigan

Place is a ghost town these days. I still come here, but it has been like a 2-3 year gap since any of the regulars posted and somebody else actually replied.

Iraq huh.

Here's my news: I turned 59 on the 27th April... Me mum's been placed in involuntary aged care, sold the home in 2010 to pay for that (she had a bleeding stomach ulcer, diabetes, hyperglycemia, heart trouble and gotten thinner'n a rail post).

Found out in 2016 my father has been dead since NOV. 2001, learned this from a cousin reading cemetery notices.

Dad's 2nd wife reckons he didn't want it known, that he didn't leave a thing. He was cremated 24 hours after death so I didn't even get his funeral. What a fucking bitch! Dad's younger brother, hence my uncle, died in December just last year, was a big write up in the Sydney Morning Herald posted by his eldest daughter and the widow.

Shock news: cousin's half-sister (on mum's side of the family) was murdered, still an unsolved crime, no idea if there's been an investigation; another half-sister, the younger full sister to the murder victim, also made news when her baby boy 'Max' died of neglect, while she was 'out of it' sleeping off a drug high some years ago (their parents are both dead). That one then lost a lawsuit filing blame against her partner of the time. She left the courtroom when the judge's decision was being considered. That verdict also made national news. I only realised the obscure scandal newsbite was about this relative of mine recently, after mum dropped some family gossip. I could see her resemblance to the dead Uncle-in-Law in the news photo and she had his surname on the bill. Making the national news scandal and mum's tidbit one and the same person (ugly as $#%). Shock! Fucking shock.. jesus.

My family is a mixed bag, I'll give it that. Mum's other little sister came to see her, drove a mercedes, then my uncle came in driving his mercedes. From memory he's only a labourer, mum says he started a roofing business and made it a success. So he's a millionaire too ..well fuck me. I think it's just bullshit but I don't know anything about the guy's work.

The old home my mum's family sold for $47k in 1983, before we moved to outer suburbs, sold just last year for $1.8M (and I had wanted to buy it in 1983). Life kinda burns me up...

Calm quiet song (no opinion about the 'my husband' line, the singer is male): Everything's turning to white
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)

Last edited by Misty; 05-09-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:55 PM   #3
Aolynd

I can't believe this place is even still here. Clicked on the link because I have insomnia and for some reason the link is still in my bookmarks from years ago.

I'm living in the DC area these days. Divorced and working as a graphic artist. Mostly things are going well. I actually broke the video game addiction a few years ago. Haven't logged into any games in over two years. I assume my WoW character is still sitting around somewhere.

Good to see some of you still exist.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

I still look in on here every now and then. Mostly to kill the spambots.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #5
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Hi douchebags! Still crackin skulls here almost 20 years in Law Enforcement. I am a school resource officer now. Been doing that for three years. Absolutely love it. Other than still married both of our girls are still growing like weeds one will be a freshman and the other 6th grade. Hope all is well.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:22 PM   #6
Jelceie

I was always more of a lurker, but I commented here and there.

I'm working as a Senior Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC... uh... I'm not currently playing any MMOs but I did play WoW for a while. My fiance plays Pokemon Go, does that count as an MMO?

I miss the crazy political discussions here, I check every once in a while...
Who deliver a kick which could shatter bones
Into the crotch of Indiana Jones
Who fell over on the ground, writhing in pain
As Batman changed back into Bruce Wayne
But Chuck saw through his clever disguise
And he crushed Batman's head in between his thighs"
Lemon Demon - USoUD
Jelceie is offline   Reply With Quote