Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Fallen Heroes: In Memoriam

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 07:15 PM   #1
Brolie

Default A flashback memory of one of our own, Eonwe

well its been a long time since I posted here, so dont know if it should go here

I was watching tv the other day when I saw an oprah commercial, it was about a son who masterminded the killing of his family.

I looked into it and it turns out the story is about Eonwe's father and brother.
http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow...04_forgiveness

For those that do not remember him Eonwe was a server icon, funny as hell, and just as kind, I remember stories about him out of nowhere giving gold to a person to buy thier kid a mount for thier b-day. Thats just the kind of guy he was. The most contact I personally had with him was farming the woodelf crown in an aoe faction group in lower guk, then later getting the furs needed for it in western wastes. It was a small thing but i won't forget his help.

The episode of Opera will air 10/6 at 4pm est on your respective nbc channel.

I relly thought I should bring this up because I remember all the feelings people had about his death back when we all first heard about it a few years ago.

Wherever he is I hope Eonwe and his Mother found peace.

Last edited by Brolie; 10-05-2008 at 06:02 PM. Reason: missing words
Brolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
Tetman1

Eowne was the bomb!

He was the friendliest uber player on MT. He was always helping people out and just doing some outrageous things to cheer people up.

He will be truly missed.
Tetman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
Demani

Ah ya beat me to it. Good to see you're still lurking around Tettie =) hope you're well! Just wanted to make sure people that are around that may still care knew about this show tomorrow. *hugs* I posted on the Oprah website because i found some journals Bart's been writing...
Demani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Tetman1

Heya Demani,

Good to see you around as well. Im still plugging away at EQ. Just a tad over 8 years now

I'm sure Emarr has had some really nice people in years passed, but I'm sure that anyone whoever met Eowne would have considered him a friend. Even his guild's most hated rivals liked Eowne.

Just truly one of a kind.
Tetman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #5
jarezath

Send a message via AIM to jarezath
Oprah is on my respective ABC channel not NBC. That being the total and only reason I missed this show makes me NOW sad people die. No nevermind, people die. Some are killed some have their balls blow up from the inside.

Don't think your having all the fun,
You know me I hate everyone.
jarezath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Garad

Send a message via Yahoo to Garad
Originally Posted by Brolie View Post
For those that do not remember him Eonwe was a server icon, funny as hell, and just as kind, I remember stories about him out of nowhere giving gold to a person to buy thier kid a mount for thier b-day. Thats just the kind of guy he was. The most contact I personally had with him was farming the woodelf crown in an aoe faction group in lower guk, then later getting the furs needed for it in western wastes. It was a small thing but i won't forget his help.
That was my son. Arolilly/Calalilly had gone up to Eonwe and was asking him about a good place to go farm for some serious plat. She needed about 8k more PP to get our son a white horse. His dream at that point was to ride a white horse and fight with a flaming sword. He was a 5 or 6 year old level 14 Paladin TWINK. His mother and I both trashed our faction in Freeport for him so he could have the fire sword. Then we pooled our money for his horse. We were way short. Instead of sending her off to fight giants in the mountains or fire goblins or a myriad other little plat farms, he just gave her the money and wished our son a happy birthday.

Eonwe was the best. Aro cried when he gave her the money...we both cried when he died....
Garad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
Caressa

Default 20/20 Show on 5.1.2009 re Bart Whitaker

I had the brief privilege of playing with Eonwe in our guild on Morell Thule. His death was shocking, to say the least. Anyone who may have checked out the Fury's Edge forums would have seen a lengthy thread (more than one, I think), with numerous response about this tragedy. I even recall that Bart had the audacity of posting on the site, sparking a firestorm of replies speculating whether he "did it" or not. The Morell Thule forums had a thread or two about this as well.

Law has prevailed and Bart has had his day in court. He is on death row.

I find it interesting that 20/20 really didn't seem to get to the bottom of why Bart did this horrible thing. Of course, Bart would never answer the question. In the end, it seems to be dismissed as a case of his being a narcissistic sociopath. The absolute most difficult thing about the program is watching our friend Kevin/Eonwe, laying dead on the floor; the life of a truly good person snuffed out by evil.

I have to hand it to their father for his forgiveness of Bart, even when it appears that Bart was continuing to plot his death after the first tragedy.

/mourn
Caressa is offline   Reply With Quote