Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
Ghie
G-Sharp

Location: Bounce around the country but have a tether in Nebraska
Default Best Prank Ever...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...st/foiled_room

Man's Apartment Encased in Aluminum Foil
16 minutes ago Add Strange News - AP to My Yahoo!

OLYMPIA, Wash. - What kind of friends coat your apartment and nearly everything in it with tinfoil while you're away? Here's a hint: One of the only objects that escaped the shiny treatment was a book titled "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends."

Chris Kirk found his downtown Olympia apartment encased in aluminum foil when he returned home Monday night from a trip to Los Angeles.

The walls, ceiling, cabinets and everything in between shimmered, after the prank orchestrated by Kirk's longtime friend, Luke Trerice, 26, who was staying in the apartment while Kirk was away.

"He's known for large-scale strangeness," Kirk, 33, told The Olympian. "He warned me that he would be able to touch my stuff, but it didn't sound so bad."

Trerice, who lives in Las Vegas, and a small group of friends draped the apartment with about 4,000 square feet of aluminum foil, which cost about $100.

Not surprisingly, the idea was hatched on New Year's Eve.

"It was just a spur of the moment thing," Trerice said. "I really don't even consider it art. I consider it a psychology project. ... He seems to be upbeat, so I consider this a success. "

No detail was too small or too time-consuming. The toilet paper was unrolled, wrapped in foil, then rolled back up again. The friends covered Kirk's book and compact disc collections but made sure each CD case could open and shut normally. They even used foil on each coin in Kirk's spare change.

And to sweeten the theme, they left silver Hershey's kisses sprinkled throughout the apartment.

"The toilet was hard. The molding around the doorways took a very long time," Trerice said.

Aside from "Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends," which doesn't include this particular trick, only a portrait of his girlfriend, the bed and a bath mat were left unfoiled.

"He took special pains not to move anything," Kirk said.

A foil-encased picture hanging outside his apartment was Kirk's first clue that something inside was amiss.

"I heard him open the door and gasp and start laughing," said Beth Kelly, who lives in an apartment down the hall. "I love the quarters. It's almost more funny realizing the things that were left unwrapped."

Andras Jones, who lives on the same floor, became curious about what was transpiring in Kirk's apartment as he noticed "a parade of strange characters" going in and out.

Since Kirk's return the entire building has been buzzing about the transformation, Jones said.

"There's a party atmosphere down by the room," Jones said. "Of course, everyone has their favorite part. I think the kitchen is just amazing."

Kirk's awestruck neighbors and friends kept him up until late Monday night. He hasn't started unpacking his belongings and isn't sure when he will. "

"As I was trying to sleep last night, I realized that, actually, it's creepy," Kirk said.

And as for whether Trerice will ever be allowed to stay again at the apartment unsupervised, Kirk said: "I don't know. We'll see."

But Trerice hopes Kirk will find a way to get him back.

"I'm going to be insulted if he doesn't try," Trerice said. "It's kind of a challenge."
Ghie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #2
Faiith

I want pictures!
Faiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Too funneh.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:35 AM   #4
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

Yeah well.. it was just an idea we whipped up on new years.
Old 01-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #5
Tormarc

not great, but pics none the less...

warning: link contains popups.

http://www.theolympian.com/home/news...und/8191.shtml
Tormarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 02:57 PM   #6
Blackmoonx

Too much work involved. Shoulda just had the locks changed while he was away.

-BMX
Blackmoonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:29 PM   #7
kanibaal
korpse

a friend of mine was telling me about the pranks a friend of his used to do...

one was he filled someone's dorm room completely full of balled up newspaper. another was he got some locals ducks and geese from a pond and let them hang out in someone's room while they were away for a few days. another was everytime he took a shit he would hold a mic by his ass to capture all the sounds and then replace people's favorite tapes with his 'tape'. the last one was he made a helmet out of an egg shell and a little cape out of foil for a mouse and then went to the drive-up teller at a bank and sent the little guy thru the shoot with a note saying "be nice, this is my first trip". well the lady dropped the canister and released the mouse into the bank, so tons of commotion was going on in the background as everyone watched the lady freak out.

Last edited by kanibaal; 01-08-2004 at 09:03 PM.
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:43 PM   #8
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Originally Posted by kanibaal
the last one was he made a helmet out of an egg shell and a little cape out of foil for a mouse and then went to the drive-up teller at a bank and sent the little guy thru the shoot with a note saying "be nice, this is my first trip". well the lady dropped the canister and released the mouse into the bank, so tons of commotion was going on in the background as everyone watched the lady freak out.
OK that's some funny shit.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:46 PM   #9
Azraelwrath

Thats hilarious. Kinda has a futuristic feel to it, except that they didn't cover the floor.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 11:50 PM   #10
Evelle

Haha!!!!!!!!!!

My college roommate and I covered our whole ceiling in tin foil and our shelves and the frame of our bullitin boards in our dorm room. It looked really cool at night with just candles burning. The whole room was a triptoy. Someone would come in and a slight breeze would make the whole thing shimmer with the candle light.