Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2004, 04:30 AM   #1
Aamrie

Default This would suck...

You thought you was rich...

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:45 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Those of us using a REAL web browser can't see that

Anyway, if its talking about rich folks, I heard the other day that if Bill Gates spent 1,000 dollars once a minute for the next 80ish years, he'd still have more money than Oprah, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, etc., combined. They say he's worth around 46 billion dollars.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:08 AM   #3
Dakat

That really sucks losing the winning ticket. The jackpot was 200 mil + ?
Old 01-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #4
Dazzler Twodirks

According to the police report, officers tried to see if Battle showed up on the store's surveillance cameras but the store owner said the cameras were broken
I used to work for a stationary that did Lotto.

IF that ticket was hers she may have forgotten it at the counter and the broken security camera thing is just a story so the guy running the lotto machine wins.

What REALLY sucks is if nobody finds the ticket and that whole 162 mil jackpot gets forfited without a winner.

What happens to that money anyway?

They don't pump it back into the jackpot like when nobody wins.

Dazzler's Shtuff
Dazzler Twodirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 07:36 AM   #5
Frekkels

Hail Dazzler,
Originally Posted by Dazzler Twodirks
What happens to that money anyway?

They don't pump it back into the jackpot like when nobody wins.
Read the whole article.
If the jackpot isn't claimed by June 27, the money goes to Ohio and 10 other states that participate in the game.
Where the money goes:
Win or lose, the dollar you spend on your Mega Millions ticket benefits the state where it was purchased.

On average, 35% of all Mega Millions ticket sales go to support government services in the member states. Those services could be local public education, public health, college scholarships, aid to counties and cities, or whatever that state chooses.

Approximately 50% of every dollar wagered goes back to the players as prizes.

Approximately 5% goes to retailers who sell tickets. The remainder is used for lottery administrative costs.

Please note that details differ slightly in each state where Mega Millions is played. For specific information about "Where the Money Goes" in the state where you play, visit your state's official Lottery web site.
Take care,
Old 01-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #6
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

BTW this lady was full of shit of course, the real winner just stepped forward and she had her ticket all along

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,107454,00.html
Old 01-06-2004, 11:19 AM   #7
Aamrie

Originally Posted by Wildane
Those of us using a REAL web browser can't see that

Anyway, if its talking about rich folks, I heard the other day that if Bill Gates spent 1,000 dollars once a minute for the next 80ish years, he'd still have more money than Oprah, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, etc., combined. They say he's worth around 46 billion dollars.

a real web browser huh?...thought that is what I was using..
ah well..learn something new every day...

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote