Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Scammer Alert

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2001, 08:04 AM   #1
TumyToeslash

Default WTF: Newbie Jackers

I was in Qeynos hills today with my friends newbie monk and all of a sudden this guy named Valorko does the old oasis clear out trick. Its what you do when the newbie zones to crowded any ways heres whats going on

Me: /who 19 people in Qeynos Hills
Valorko: Hey WOW
Valorko: I just got 4 bubs of exp by doing /ex 4 times
Me: /who 7 people in Qeynos Hills
Valorko: LOL! you guys suck
Me: /tell Valorko you suck weiners
Valorko: Valorko is not online at this time

What a FREAK!!!!! stay away from this dude
Old 08-20-2001, 09:00 AM   #2
Zel Greyweather

Da`Kor used this trick on their first Trakanon killing, and wiped out half the zone... and their raiding crew Luckily I wasn't as stupid, and my group only lost one member and we were in the Jail/Sebilis camp area at the time so it was no big deal.

I wouldn't call this scamming, though, it's more of Gullability (sp?) of the people who fall for it and get booted to the server screen. Qeynos is the land of the 100% newbies, if you ask me. I started there my first time, and so did most the people I know from back in the day, so you're going to get a bunch of clueless bunch of people who'd fall for it anyway. It goes the same as a magician running around the desert and trying to scare away newbies/lowbies with their summoned Sand Giant pet, if the poor fools can't tell that there's an idiot running around with "Jabober" in the form of a Sand Giant, they're going to run screaming and wetting their pants, and the magician's going to get a laugh out of it.

Old 08-22-2001, 08:47 PM   #3
Umbrae

can't forget us necros in skelly for =) god I love that.
Old 08-23-2001, 02:12 AM   #4
Spyce Wrack

Monks used to have a thing where they would coming running up to you, say 'OMG, invisible gient attacking me!!' then FD at your feet.

ah, I miss those days when I would go running off screaming like a girl positive I was gonne get a smack down any second
Old 08-23-2001, 05:00 AM   #5
Ript Southpaw

Tumy - What in the fuck is wrong with you? Do you really think you are doing us a favor? I don't give a rancid bag of umbilical fluid if 498 noobs went ld in rivervale or whereever the fuck you hang around. It's not a scam. Get a fucking life.
Old 08-23-2001, 07:14 AM   #6
Strykker45

*agrees*
Old 08-23-2001, 08:39 AM   #7
Norpin

I consider the /ex for experience and /d for donate to be rights of passage in EQ society. Hardly a scam.

/em pickpockets 3 gold from YOU!

Old 08-23-2001, 11:50 AM   #8
Ghie

personally I have ZERO tolerance for immature pranks.

People who prey on the gullible and uninformed make me sick.

Luckily I don't even hesitate to /report and /petition whenever I see someone try this prank.

So, if you are one of the losers who gets off on this juvenile behavior, make sure you do it with a character you can delete.

G
Self Rightous and I dont care what you think about it.

Old 08-23-2001, 12:57 PM   #9
Ecofreak Risingwood

Tumy - What in the fuck is wrong with you? Do you really think you are doing us a favor? I don't give a rancid bag of umbilical fluid if 498 noobs went ld in rivervale or whereever the fuck you hang around. It's not a scam. Get a fucking life.
Ript... calm down man. I agree it's not a scam, but you could be a bit more diplomatic in pointing it out.
Old 08-23-2001, 01:58 PM   #10
Cibola Stratocaster

I tell newbies that come up to me and beg, and I say NO and they wont stop bugging this: I can not donate anything to your player unless you target me and hit /d since your level is below lvl 6. Beacuse if you die and you can not loot your corpse in 30 mins it will be lost.

They do what I said and then I kill them

After they die and complain to me I tell them to go and get to at least level 6 and I will reward them, and I usally give them a frozen long sword or something that they can use.

And tell them that begging makes you look stupid and fighting is more fun so go kill something.

If this didn't make any since I am a walking zombie today at work and really dont know what i am saying

Thanks
Cibola
Old 08-25-2001, 01:53 AM   #11
Parum

I may just be in a bad mindset, but I think less of TumyTikletitties (how i could get less i dont know) for this post then the no name guy who was having fun.
Old 08-26-2001, 05:23 PM   #12
Ecofreak Risingwood

Another good way to get rid of beggars:

An_annoying_beggar01 says, 'can u give me that item?'
Me says, 'sorry, no. can you give me some plat so I can buy my spells?'

usually, if the beggar has anything going for him/her between the ears, they'll take the hint and bugger off.
Old 08-28-2001, 12:05 PM   #13
Sinque

Default Norpin, don't forget. . . . .

Target a guard and type "A" for advice . . .

Finbarr
Old 09-05-2001, 08:46 PM   #14
Lianjie

Default Re: Norpin, don't forget. . . . .

Newb begger tells you, 'Gimmah gear yo'

you tell Newb begger, 'For hot segzy haffer sex, i will give you gearz'

Newb begger tells you, 'ewww sicko'

you tell Newb begger, 'Aye, now stfu newb!'

/cackle