Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Obama may owe Slick Willy BIG TIME

If this is true, he needs to send a candygram to Bill for paving the way to getting out of this. Big IF by the way, considering the source. But they've gotten serious dirt before this.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/obam...elebrity/68589
PRESIDENT OBAMA has been caught in a shocking cheating scandal after being caught in a Washington, DC Hotel with a former campaign aide, sources say.

And now, a hush-hush security video that shows everything could topple both Obama's presidency and marriage to Michelle!

A confidential investigation has learned that Obama first became close to gorgeous 35 year-old VERA BAKER in 2004 when she worked tirelessly to get him elected to the US Senate, raising millions in campaign contributions.

While Baker has insisted in the past that "nothing happened" between them, the ENQUIRER has learned that top anti-Obama operatives are offering more than $1 million to witnesses to reveal what they know about the alleged hush-hush affair.

Among those being offered money is a limo driver who says that he took Vera to a secret hotel rendezvous where the President was staying.

On the condition of anonymity, the limo driver said he took Baker "from a friend's home in the DC area to the Hotel George where I learned later that Obama would be spending the night."

The driver recalled that he "waited in the lobby while she went to change her outfit.

"But to the best of knowledge she did not have a room at the hotel and she was not staying there so I thought that it was a bit odd."

The driver said he then picked up Obama at the airport and drove both he and Baker to various locations while he was campaigning for funds. Vera accompanied him to each meeting.

"About 10:30 PM, I drove them to the hotel and they went in together!"

"My services for the evening were done - and there was no indication she was going to leave the hotel that night."

A top DC source told The ENQUIRER exclusively that the driver's account had been independently corroborated by investigators who believe the couple spent the night together at the hotel.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that on-site hotel surveillance video camera footage could provide indisputable evidence.

"Investigators are attempting to obtain a tape from the hotel (that) shows Vera and Barack together," the DC insider confided.

"If the tape surfaces, it will explode the scandal."
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #2
Aolynd

Don't believe the hype. The only danger adultery EVER had for Clinton was that conservatives hoped that if proven it could lower his popularity.

The circus that happened was a result of committing perjury while being sued for sexual harassment: the two great tastes that taste great together. One normally carries a prison term of what 6 years? The other normally guarantees that women's organizations target you as "worst human being ever.". In Clinton's case he got warning and womens organizations threw a pep rally (proving once and for all that N.O.W. is more interested in serving partisan interests than they EVER have been in advancing womens issues).

And in the end, it DID hurt his popularity.

This probably wont affect Obama too badly. The Cult of Personality can survive allot more than rumors, and by the time rumors have been proven: they've been around so long people are no longer shocked and consider him a hero for weathering them.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:17 AM   #3
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

I certainly don't hold Obama in the highest esteem, but after all the folks getting brought low by cheating lately, I don't think he'd be that dumb. Sure, the only real danger is a popularity loss - most sensible folks know that adultry isn't an impeachable offense (and Aolynd covered this nicely above) - but I could see it really hurting. Like pre-scandal Tiger Woods, Obama gets idealized for being a smart, level-headed guy AND being a great dad/husband. Heck, I'd give Obama credit for that any day (well, unless this thing blows up). Sure, there will be a 30% of the population that sticks with him no matter what - even W Bush had that. But right now, Obama himself gets very favorable reviews (it's his policies that 55% or so of the US aren't happy with). An affair would crater that.

But I don't see the media picking this up - and Drudge doesn't appear to be really pushing this hard. I bet this would change if some hard evidence turns up - but if it's just rumor-stuff, then it's no big deal. Every president since Washington has faced some adultery rumors. I recall the Globe speculating endlessly that W Bush was banging Condi, and that Laura was on the verge of divorcing him.

Given the kudos that the National Enquirer got for breaking the Edwards mistress bit, when no one else would even consider it, I'd expect them to go all out on this one. Should be interesting.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

It'll turn out that it was Tiger Woods and not Obama.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
It'll turn out that it was Tiger Woods and not Obama.
Yeah, they all look alike.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
Lurikeen
Freaky

Even if this turns out to be true, I don't see what will come of it. Yes, those on the right who like to moralize will have a field day with this and there will be those on the left who will use this as an opportunity to rub the infidelity of conservatives past in the collective nose of the right. All around this is just a very sad situation if it turns out to be true and certainly high-lights the depravity of human nature. I certainly don't support adultery, but when will Americans finally get that everyone sins? Our politicians are far from being "holy men". It is about time people stop treating them like they are supposed to walk on water.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #7
ShardmoonVer.1

I think every one is taking the high road when they say it wont have an impact on Obama if this is true. He wont get impeached, but no chance he gets re elected. 0. It really is a character issue.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Wildane

Originally Posted by Lurikeen View Post
Our politicians are far from being "holy men". It is about time people stop treating them like they are supposed to walk on water.
Well, here's a flip: you're arguing what is, and I'm about to argue what should be.

Our representatives should be the best of us....otherwise, why are they there? They should set the example for civilized behavior. But, they are some of the worst examples of what a lawmaker should be. When you start to excuse their bad behavior, you fail to scrutinize them as much as they need to be. These people must be held to a higher standard. Would you hire shabby salesmen to your staff? Then why should you think any less of your representatives to the highest power on the planet?

Frankly, I don't care whether or not this is true. I have plenty of other reasons to dislike the guy.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
Lurikeen
Freaky

Wildane, you surprise me. You are the last person I would think of arguing that our politicians should be moral and not just moral, but the best of us.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
Wildane

Wildane, you surprise me. You are the last person I would think of arguing that our politicians should be moral and not just moral, but the best of us.
Well, I know I'm a crass, blunt sumbitch, but I still believe in things like the golden rule and that a man is only as good as his word. I don't know that you would call that morality per se, but I would prefer if my representatives believed as I do. I guess I want them to have enough morals, but not so much that they are unable to do as I like my voters, and that is lead with their heads and not with their hearts. When they start listening to their hearts more than their heads, then they start wanting to please all of the people all of the time, and that is an impossibility. That isn't just an old cliche, that is an absolute fact. We the people (a.k.a. "the mob") tend to let our hearts guide us; our representatives need to be better than that. However, our politicians are led by their wallets, self-preservation and their own self-righteousness, and they, in turn, lead us astray.

Speaking of going astray, I think I kinda got derailed, but I hope I made my stance a little more clear.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #11
Lurikeen
Freaky

You are full of surprises, Wildane. Now you are appealing to an objective moral rule, "the Golden Rule", in making your stance clearer.

I agree with much you are writing, but if you keep arguing objective moral rules, you might find yourself believing in God, again. You better watch your step.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
Wildane

You are full of surprises, Wildane. Now you are appealing to an objective moral rule, "the Golden Rule", in making your stance clearer.

I agree with much you are writing, but if you keep arguing objective moral rules, you might find yourself believing in God, again. You better watch your step.
Oh, but the path I take is wide indeed!